Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satori_Ryu
Mar 8, 2006
Comcastic Ronin
I have been a big anime fan since the early 80's. In the 90's, I bought about everything I could find on shelves. Then came the early 2000. That is when I graduated college, got married, and started having children. My wife has no interest in any animation, so my $40 a week habit quickly went by the wayside.

From about 2004 to 2014, I watched very little. If it was on TV(Bleach, Naruto, etc.), I could DVR it and watch on my own time. I did read a lot of manga because I could find that cheap. So, my question for you guys is

What are the best shows to watch that came out between 2004 and 2014?

I do not have a lot of money to buy, but I do have Crunchy Roll and Netflix. The value on those is insane. Coming from $30 for two episodes of a subbed show, $7 a month is nothing. Let me know what you think I should see to get myself caught up. All genres are fine by me. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satori_Ryu
Mar 8, 2006
Comcastic Ronin
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been interested in Gundam Unicorn (I do love Build Fighters), but I has been a long time since I have seen an UC Gundam series. Is it ok just to jump in there?

Satori_Ryu
Mar 8, 2006
Comcastic Ronin
I liked Iron Blood Orphans, but I wish there had been a few more Gundam Fights. The darker tone was a nice change of pace. Macross Frontier was one of the few series I went out and found. One of my all time favorites is Macross Plus.

Satori_Ryu
Mar 8, 2006
Comcastic Ronin

Pewdiepie posted:

No point casting pearls before swine. OP just wants to watch late-era gundam apparently.

I am interested in a lot more then late era Gundam. I watched Kaiji, and it is kind of messed up. I figured the he would win out in the end. Nope. Haven't watched the second series yet. Gatchaman Crowds sounds really cool since I like the original series.

Is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex worth watching? I did not like the original movie, but I am a big Yoko Kanno fan. I used to think that her soundtracks would make anything better, but then I saw Brain Power.

Satori_Ryu
Mar 8, 2006
Comcastic Ronin
Thanks for the ToraDora suggestion. It is really fun. I just re-watched ReLife for the third time and was looking for something like that. Yeah the synopsis is true, but does make it seem like generic trash.

• Locked thread