Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
The first episode did some things I liked, but this one confirmed all the misgivings I had about this show. I went into this knowing it was going to be grim, as it makes no secret about that, but this episode's actual execution of that just felt so cynical, joyless, and like AnacondaHL pointed out in more detail, totally arbitrary. I guess I just don't see what the thrill is in watching suffering and misery for its own sake, which seems to be the direction this is taking.

(As an aside for anyone in this thread who hasn't seen Madoka yet, you really owe it to yourself to check it out! I put it off for a long, long time because I was under the impression it was some sort of mindlessly dark slaughterfest, and I couldn't have been more wrong there. It's basically a perfect show IMO.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

So I'll give the show this: it looks like there's enough material and premise to make an cool show here. The problem is it would require really tight execution in both the storyboarding and editing, and so far it's been sloppy and arbitrary at worst.

Yeah... The second episode felt really disjointed and all-over-the-place to me in general, even aside from my plot-related laments.

As an unrelated aside, I want to see a show about La Pucelle. Her situation is way too interesting to just be a probably-destined-for-death side character in someone else's story.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

Snow White's main power is that she can read minds for cries of help right? She doesn't have a particularly combat oriented kit. :ohdear:

Mindreading seems like it could become pretty combat-oriented.

• Locked thread