Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Finally got to watch the second episode and...

ComicsandSlushies posted:

so the first death happened, I was expecting it to be a lot gorier than it was.

... this sums it up for me too. I guess it looking like Madoka and the first episode having the edgy opening and the two-tone cutesy mascot like danganronpa I expected a lot more. However I admit that was my own expectations and there is plenty of time to get to the point, whatever that will be.

It hasn't lost me, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I don't know if they showed it on this episode or not(my fault for reading the thread before watching the ep), but the ep before had Swim Swim's bio where it said that she admired princesses or something along those lines. The admiration was there before Ruler was around.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Im hoping that Cranberry is just 100% gamer or maybe MGRP has in app purchases and they are a whale who cant use their items/powers because there is never a chance to?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

do NOT gently caress with swim swim

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

She is definitely pregnant. At least I'm convinced and I would be shocked if otherwise.

Also I'm thinking the next episode the new rule is battle royale for candies since all the magical girls will be there and that would be something Cranberry would join in on. Either save people in the crossfire or kill the other magical girls.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

So I started reading ahead with the LN translations, and I feel like the story is heading a bit too strongly in a "Garbage Show" direction.

We were warned... :negative:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

its kinda hosed up that nemurin got the power to show up in peoples dreams and then got told that dream poo poo doesnt count

also this anime is about what would happen if the wrong people were powerful... just like in the real world :(

Yeah, dream candies not counting was messed up. At least have a conversion rate or something.

Also, ouch.

Ytlaya posted:

I think that the powers are dependent upon the girl's specific personality, so Fav (or whoever) doesn't know what sort of power they're going to get when he makes them into a magical girl.

I kind of remember when Accel World did this reveal. Everyone was freaking out that a healer appeared but it turned out she was just reversing time because she had major regrets that she desperately wanted to redo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, the Peaky Angels were utterly pathetic. "We've got the powers to turn into, respectively, any living form, and any non-living form. We'll use this to, wait for it, sneak up on someone by disguising ourselves as someone they know, and stabbing them with a knife!"

Instead of, you know, using any number of the thousands of absolutely horrifyingly dangerous creatures that have lived on this Earth at one point or another and just tearing them apart without bothering with subtlety. Or turning into something more dangerous than a loving knife. I dunno, chopping them in half with a lightsaber sounds good. Hell, for the comedy factor, have the inanimate object one jump from above on top of someone, turning into a gargantuan ACME anvil while doing so. I mean, she turned into a goddamn invisibility cloak, there can't be that many limits on the drat power.

Such incredibly powerful abilities, such a completely lovely use of them.

Anime Wonder Twins just as bad as the Wonder Twins. :cripes:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Don't. gently caress. With. Swim-Swim.

Also for those who lost count this episode:

Ripple over Calamity Mary
Swim-Swim over Top Speed (+1)
Scarf noose over Sister Nana
Also the new rule was meeeeeeh. Was hoping for something with more impact than from 8 to 4 then probably to 2 and to 1.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 26, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Miss Nomer posted:

Probably issues with getting it past the sensors. Then again we did see someone hang themselves and then lose their bladder control, so who knows.

I'm so glad the censors stopped such a horrid scene. Ripple being badass and her ability being useful, who needs that?! :colbert:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

What actually happened was pretty similar, just using the glass as a diversion to throw shuriken.

Desuwa posted:

A single shuriken only burying itself a few centimetres into her forehead is actually one of the tamest deaths.

This was what got to me the most. We have La Pucille and Weiss Winterprison's deaths being pretty grandiose due to standing for their convictions or whatever you want to call it while Calamity Mary going apeshit on the general population only to be stopped in the most :downsgun: way. At least we had Top Speed being pretty great during that fight.

... :smith:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nemurin was always evil.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magical Girl Over Justice :getin:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nooooooooo why Tama and why that way? :gonk:

Now I want more than ever for Ripple to beat Swim-Swim but i'm not seeing an endgame.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

There is only so much tsun a tsundere can have before its considered unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Okay episode, okay season. Not garbage, but recycling bin worthy. Would watch a second season if that ever comes around.

As for the last episode what was the deal with the rabbits foot? Did it cause Ripple to come back or was that used to read Fav's mind? If the latter does that assume that Ripple would be convinced not to cut the master's device? She seemed like she would have done it anyway.

• Locked thread