Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

as someone who does not have the reference points young japanese girls do, this seems p good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

they made one character the cutest and gave them the most potentially interesting power, and then immediately took them away. effed up.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i can't remember who first raised this idea, but i assumed they would keep the death thing hush hush. it made so much sense to me that the fact that they aren't seems absurd.

i don't get the transferring candies thing. are they going to take snow white's magic smartphone (which does not have a magic password?) seems a bit simple.

while i'm bullshitting, it would be interesting if the angel twins weren't related in real life. just magical blood sisters.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

waiting for confirmation that calamity mary is actually working to undermine fav and is secretly an ally

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Well, I think this turned out better. Would rather see La Pucelle's inevitable death given more weight when the numbers thin out.

I can't tell if the explanation of Ruler's power was meant as a red herring or not. Seemed pretty clear that if she was going to die that way, it would be much later.

The impression I get is that Ruler used her power to make Swim Swim admire her, but didn't bother to do so with the other lackeys? Her power is only supposed to last as long as she's casting, but maybe projecting strong enough thoughts into someone leaves a lasting impression.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The main reason I thought of it was that princess-loving monologue starts right as she's being Ruled Over for no apparent reason. I suppose that could just be a visual metaphor to illustrate her admiration, but I'm not ruling anything out.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nielsm posted:

Are the twins one or two people? Do they count as one or two for the target headcount of 8?

They were counted separate in Ruler's candy distribution speech, so I'd say 2 to both.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Seems pretty clear Nana and Weiss are already an item, I doubt that's her "aim". Maybe the fact that Nana felt she couldn't be with someone who couldn't protect her, which seems like a weird hangup for someone with superpowers.

Hardgore Alice is my new favorite name.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

alice is still best girl, and as demonstrated always will be.

not sure if anyone addressed this yet, but in the OP i'm pretty sure the hand snow white grabs is alice's, what with the shape of the sleeve. someone said before that promo art paired her with top speed, but maybe it's a red herring?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if any of this video game terminology actually ends up being relevant i'll be upset.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

shots fired

i think, maybe it's that other show with mahou in the title this season

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in the sequence with her husband, they framed/cut the shots very specifically to avoid showing top speed's midsection. gotta be pregnant. though if she isn't, i appreciate the misdirection.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

they absolutely would do that and almost certainly will. make peace.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

they only need to keep the momentum up for four more episodes and we'll have a good season. we can just pretend the next season, if any, doesn't happen.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

going from 8 to 4 allowed magical girls is the least interesting way to progress things. if you were going to do that it makes more sense to leave some time in between, though i understand that in an anime that's not a super interesting part of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yet again, best (remaining) girl was murdered. RIP Alice

i didn't like the casual explanation of why the game started, though i'm not sure a big Evil Plan reveal would've been any better. might dig into the light novels after this since i'm curious to see how they continue from what i assume will be the ending wrt ~the world of magic~

• Locked thread