Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Or, for the grimmest darkest scenario, la pucelle survives to the end and sacrifices herself to leave snow white as the one true meguka. Doing so breaks Snow White and she lashes out in vain against that dumb mascot just to get herself discontinued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this episode was a mess. where in time did the calamity mary scene happen? it doesn't look like anyone left the room after she was announced as the loser, but then we have that calamity mary scene...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Phobophilia posted:

you realize that letterboxing the screen is a classic signifier of "flashback"?

no, i didn't even notice the letterboxing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

swim swim betraying ruler was foreshadowed so hard i'm surprised people were blindsided by it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Phobophilia posted:

oh cool, nana and winterprison's deal isnt a rehash of la pucelle's schtick, they're straight up gay married

and lmao that calamity mary can grind points by helping one side or the other in a yakuza gang war. also lmao at magicaloid accidentally helping out nana, who actually is gullible as hell. i think this show has really found its footing by making a bunch of weirdos bounce off one another

except for cranberry, whose motivations are unbelievably generic

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

tama's power is hilariously broken

can she tunnel through anything? what happens if she uses her ability on another magical girl?

seriously, if she goes underground then only swim swim would be able to go toe-to-toe with her

also the peaky angels are loving idiot losers and i hope they die soon

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ytlaya posted:

Nemurin is actually lucky that she got to have a relatively peaceful death, since she probably would have been violently murdered by one of the other sociopath girls otherwise.

Related to the girls sometimes getting weird/useless powers, one of the magical girls in the next LN volume has the power to "cook delicious food." An enjoyable power to be sure, but it's kind of useless for both helping people and fighting (though watch there be some creative way it can be used later or something).

she could bribe beerus to destroy the other magical girls for her. sounds p broken if you ask me

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

ripple's "cannot miss" ability really isn't worth much is it? how is a block not considered missing the target?

what part of swimming through things involves being penetrated by them? swim swim is bullshit

Condiv fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 26, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Miss Nomer posted:

In the LN Ripple throws a window at Calamity Mary who shot at it thinking Ripple and Top Speed were behind it. The window shattered but still was infused with Ripple's "can't miss a target" magic and cause Calamity Mary to turn into a giant pin cushion.

that's way smarter than what happened this episode, but by the description of her own powers ripple's projectiles should phase through or avoid any obstacle until they hit calamity mary. yeah, that's broken, but some of these powers are obv meant to be broken (like swim swims, which just became more broken this episode for some bullshit reason).

just mad her true aim ability is really just enhanced accuracy. also, there were numerous glaring points in this episode where ripple could've thrown a projectile and killed mary it's not funny. for example when mary's gun was knocked upward, she was completely open and a dagger to her throat would've worked better than lunging at her :argh:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kytrarewn posted:

I'm still enjoying it, I just wish that either the anime respected the author's reported creativity better (The thing involving throwing the window pane with perfect throw in the Ripple/Topspeed vs. Calamity Mary fight was a really cool idea, but the anime diluted it to nearly nothing) or that the author was a bit more creative himself, generally, about tactical uses of powers.

"I've got a great idea- we'll go and introduce DLC weapons, because I've run out of ideas on how these guys can use their powers offensively!" is a bit of a copout, and the premise deserves better.

My final opinion of the show is going to depend nearly entirely on how the characters take down SwimSwim and Alice, because it's obviously going to come down to "Oh yeah, we were going to cull it down to just one magical girl from the beginning, pyon" in the end.

:agreed:

the dlc weps requiring life to purchase was especially yawn-worthy when you realize that almost none of these chars are gonna live for more than a month anyway

also, fav seems like a way too on the nose reference to kyubey (tbh, all of this anime seems to copy madoka magicka but in a worse way)

• Locked thread