Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

nielsm posted:

And why was Ruler's death so bloody? She was shot by something, from where? Why not a stroke like Nemu, or was it perhaps Mary striking first?
Yeah I didn't understand that scene, is the method of real world death different per person or was it supposed to imply that the others did that to Ruler after she turned back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

in the sequence with her husband, they framed/cut the shots very specifically to avoid showing top speed's midsection. gotta be pregnant. though if she isn't, i appreciate the misdirection.
Yeah she's almost certainly pregnant. If she's sick or going to die then her saying she wants to live at least 6 months longer doesn't make that much sense for being specifically 6 months and not more or less, but it does if she is due to have her baby then.

I'm really looking forward to see what happens next episode since pretty much all the combat abilities are on the "bad" side now. The "good" side only really has Ripple left, though I guess Top Speed could ram into someone/drop them from a high height and Alice can just keep throwing herself at someone until she gets close enough to use her bare hands.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
God damnit Swim Swim, I really thought Top Speed was safe since she was pregnant, the worst thing I was expecting to happen to her was her husband being among the casualties of Calamity Mary or something. At least that team is going to asses kicked when they go after Cranberry.

Command Ant posted:

I hope we get some backstory on Swim Swim soon, and why she's such a horrid little monster. I was willing to reserve some sympathy for her, because maybe she comes from a broken home and that's why she's so cold-blooded, but then she stabbed a pregnant woman.
I wonder if Nemurin's power can subconsciously manipulate people and since Swim Swim already worshipped Ruler, being told that she can be a ruler too pushed her over the edge and made her follow all of Ruler's teachings literally.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
gently caress em up cranberry
make them pay

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The last episode could have been more fleshed out but it was an enjoyable enough series, it filled the killing game anime gap I had after Danganronpa 3 finished at least.

Since everyone has been hyping up the LNs I was thinking of checking them out, would I be ok to start at vol2 or were there some parts of the first arc that the anime didn't cover so I should start from the beginning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Sorry for the derail but this is the first I heard of there being more danganronpa anime, what's the watch order as it's in 3 parts, also was 2 just not adapted?
Yeah they skipped doing an anime of 2 in order to do an anime that finished the story of both games. The watch order is the order of release so you go Future 1, Despair 1, Future 2, Despair 2, etc and the hope "arc" is actually just the last episode.

• Locked thread