Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I honestly though they were going to do the stupid cliche "MC gets robbed, best friend sacrifices herself to save her," but I'm really glad they didn't. I probably would have dropped this show if they did. Seeing Ruler's name pop up was just so drat satisfying. I don't really sympathize for her either seeing as she seems to think she's about 10 times better than everyone at everything and her first thought when hearing that you can share candies was "Well time to go commit murder, then!"

Also I knew the second that I heard that there was a Magical Girl named "Calamity Mary" that she would be my favorite character, and she still has yet to disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Can we just replace this whole show with "The Adventures of Calamity Mary and her Robot Friend?" They seem to make every scene roughly 70% better.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

That was a really good episode. I think it's good that this show has really managed to go beyond what a lot of people, myself included to an extent, thought it would be at first glance. I'm also kind of surprised how okay I was with La Pucelle dying. In the end, it was her stupid hubris, her stupid code of honor, and her stupid, stupid, pointless death.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Demicol posted:

I actually like the Peaky Angels.

Also I hope Ripple doesn't die, I kinda like her after her backstory.

It seems like having a backstory in this show is more or less fatal.

Also holy poo poo Calamity Mary still manages to be the best magical girlgangster ever :love:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

My first thought was it's going to be "No massacring civilians Jesus Christ I didn't think we'd actually have to make this a rule," due to them not really wanting to draw attention to all of this, but seeing as it's causing more conflict, they're probably fine with it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

And even worse, they'll find a way to make it legitimately the pregnant woman's fault.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I really enjoyed this show a lot, and if people reading the LNs say it only gets better from here on, then I'm definitely for more. I'll definitely have to read the LNs if season 2 doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

nielsm posted:

I'd rather have watched a show about people getting happiness in their lives from becoming magical girls without the murdering one another part. A CMGDCT show if you will.

I recommend watching Card Captor Sakura if you haven't already regardless of whether or not you've already seen it.

• Locked thread