Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

Some solid March login rewards.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65635

A bunch of crates, 500 seals, Orsinium DLC in day 2, pet and mount...

If you complete some achievements for Orsinium (world bosses I think) you can claim some stuff in the crown store too.

There is also a reward for completing the Orsinium main quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Apparently giving away the DLC broke the PC megaserver. lol

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have ESO plus and it wouldn't give it to me, "come back in 24h" or some such guff. Maybe there's a bug if you already completed the zone too.

edit: after 12hrs this seems to have been fixed and I've been able to claim it. Perfect timing to get that last boss and the onyx accent stones

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 3, 2024

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ewe2 posted:

I have ESO plus and it wouldn't give it to me, "come back in 24h" or some such guff. Maybe there's a bug if you already completed the zone too.

edit: after 12hrs this seems to have been fixed and I've been able to claim it. Perfect timing to get that last boss and the onyx accent stones

I wasn't able to claim it until today but last night the clock had already locked me out of the last day's rewards of the month like 5 hours early. Not gonna cry over 3k tel var stones, but welp.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

After a good 6 hours of grinding, I got the Ring of Pale Order, I don't think I want to go through that again. I had to get up to gold level scrying and that put me at a disadvantage for excavating, it was brutal. And then it was the fun of competing for drops with a couple of bosses, is there some bug with the Direnni Coldrock boss, there's TWO of them?! Anyway that took 15 times as did several of the excavations. And then I promptly got thwacked by the first boss I tried it with :v:

Is there any other mythic gear to recommend? Might be just better to get on with crafting better gear. I should get a bloodthirsty ring at least. They go on about pillar of nirn gear but that's a lot of grinding of dungeons.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

ewe2 posted:

Is there any other mythic gear to recommend?

They go on about pillar of nirn gear but that's a lot of grinding of dungeons.

What sort of stuff do you want to do? Group? Solo? What class?

Velothi Ur is a pretty nice amulet for Arcanist and Templar dps.

Spaulder of Ruin is nice for healers / tanks.

Oakensoul gets you one bar and a bunch of buffs which enables some easier builds.

Farming up gear goes a lot faster these days with the curated drops but it's still a slog to get the weapons/jewelry. Like 30(?) runs and you'll have what you want guaranteed, but that's still a lot of time. Will usually try to do one a day for a while until I have enough transmute crystals to get what I need reconstructed.

Easier to stomach if you can get in the tank/healer queue.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mr Newsman posted:

What sort of stuff do you want to do? Group? Solo? What class?

Mostly solo as a stamina warden DPS (i know, its probably passe, i have an arcanist alt but i might use this one to grab gear for alts too) and some group because obviously there are dungeon drops I need. I have looked at Oakensoul which is pretty ok but makes that one bar a really hard choice to balance. I've got some good companions now, almost done with Isobel who's pretty good in a fight, and isn't annoying about picking mushrooms like the arcanist.

There's some annoying gaps in styles that I'm missing that I'm chasing up at the moment for writs (gold and purple ones) that would net me some great gear too. A lot of that is chasing chests around a whole bloody zone that have important lead drops too.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Ring of the wild hunt (move speed increase) might be right up your alley.

Harpooners wading kilt is a great DPS piece but the bonus requires you to not be getting hit.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

just logged in for the first time since like 2018 and find that all my nightblade's skill points have been reset. any good sites for pve build suggestions?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Fuligin posted:

just logged in for the first time since like 2018 and find that all my nightblade's skill points have been reset. any good sites for pve build suggestions?

My NB ended up looking like this AOE build:
https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-build-pve/

Some of those skill choices are questionable, imho replace skills like Dark Shade, Harness Magicka, Channeled Acceleration with Magic DoT attacks or destruction staff skills, and replace Magelight with Shadowy Disguise. You can choose which destruction staff you want to use for your secondary bar, and put daggers on your main. It's a really flexible build though, I ended up putting my stat points into stamina and being a bit of a stamblade as well.

Become a vampire for bonus points, and you can sneak an Arterial Burst attack between 2 light attacks and you get a 3-hit volley as a main light attack.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

thanks m8

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Pontificating rear end posted:

So I dedicated my ESO career to solving this, though I dont do much PVP, I believe this is from Minor Mangle causing you to lose 10% max HP- the effect of the HP bar shrinking over-represents the amount your HP shrunk. Any bleed damage attack can proc Hemorrhaging status which applies Minor Mangle and bleed damage for 4s. Presumably on the first hit if bleed is applied you could lose 10% HP right off the bat and get hit for some large chunk of damage at the same time.

Furthermore, this could likely be from the Pillar of Nirn set which causes you to bleed over 10 seconds, which has a chance to make you Hemmorage every second
https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/pillar-of-nirn

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ewe2 posted:

After a good 6 hours of grinding, I got the Ring of Pale Order, I don't think I want to go through that again. I had to get up to gold level scrying and that put me at a disadvantage for excavating, it was brutal. And then it was the fun of competing for drops with a couple of bosses, is there some bug with the Direnni Coldrock boss, there's TWO of them?! Anyway that took 15 times as did several of the excavations. And then I promptly got thwacked by the first boss I tried it with :v:

Is there any other mythic gear to recommend? Might be just better to get on with crafting better gear. I should get a bloodthirsty ring at least. They go on about pillar of nirn gear but that's a lot of grinding of dungeons.

Oakensoul

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Big update just came out
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65641

Seems to be some updates under-the-hood, for instance you can jump with sprinting now, this is actually huge

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Pontificating rear end posted:

Big update just came out
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65641

Seems to be some updates under-the-hood, for instance you can jump with sprinting now, this is actually huge

overview posted:

Specifically, with Update 41, ESO no longer officially supports the Windows 7 operating system for future compatibility.

Hmmm......

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
W7 machines should not be on the internet. This has been true for years now.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah windows doesn't even support windows 7

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The last steam survey has .57% of users on Win7. It’s the same amount of people waiting for a check from a Nigerian prince.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Barreft posted:

Oakensoul

I did get the Oakensoul as well. It's great as a general dungen-group ring. I also finally said gently caress it, and bought some orders wrath gear from traders after a few fruitless attempts at Falkreath Hold runs (I will keep trying) and that gear works much better. I can smoke the easier World Bosses with Pale Order now that my gear is halfway decent. I was testing on the Coldharbour bosses last night, Duriatundur kept one-shotting me so I guess I still need better gear to survive that one, but I've done 3 of the others so far.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I guess everyone else already knew this, but dang Wrothgar is so fun. The zone story quest had me hooked, I love that it was paced with assumptions that I would sometimes want to just go out and do other things in the zone.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I guess everyone else already knew this, but dang Wrothgar is so fun. The zone story quest had me hooked, I love that it was paced with assumptions that I would sometimes want to just go out and do other things in the zone.

Yeah, zone story quest owned.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

What does everyone think about the new dungeons? I like that they are a solid challenge but aren't nightmares like some of the dlc dungeons are.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

1glitch0 posted:

What does everyone think about the new dungeons? I like that they are a solid challenge but aren't nightmares like some of the dlc dungeons are.

Bedlam Veil's midboss feels more like the endboss, and I don't know if they fixed it yet but the monster helm drop wasn't curating correctly for some time (I got 4 mediums and 1 large). Don't really have any comment on Oathsworn besides the endboss fight being weirdly structured. Like, he just permanently starts charging up in the middle of the room and you can just waffle around doing whatever in the forge area indefinitely.

Oh, is it normal for them to give the dungeon DLC away for free to anyone with ESO+ on release? Thought it was incredibly strange that both the normal and deluxe versions were 0 crowns.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Offkorn posted:

Oh, is it normal for them to give the dungeon DLC away for free to anyone with ESO+ on release? Thought it was incredibly strange that both the normal and deluxe versions were 0 crowns.

I don't think so. ESO+ always gets it as part of the sub, but I think actually getting it as a gift to own is different. But they gave away Orsinium earlier this month so maybe they're going hog wild for the anniversary.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

So I've been trying to get the 'Messy Business' achievement (kill 10 players that have been covered in pie in Cyrodiil) on and off for a couple weeks now, and it is shockingly difficult.

Killing people isn't the problem, the problem is hitting them with the pie in the first place. The pies have collision. Target ducks behind a crate or tree? Miss. NPC or ally gets between you and the target while winding up the throw? They get hit instead. It's maddening.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Offkorn posted:

So I've been trying to get the 'Messy Business' achievement (kill 10 players that have been covered in pie in Cyrodiil) on and off for a couple weeks now, and it is shockingly difficult.

Killing people isn't the problem, the problem is hitting them with the pie in the first place. The pies have collision. Target ducks behind a crate or tree? Miss. NPC or ally gets between you and the target while winding up the throw? They get hit instead. It's maddening.
You're supposed to find a buddy or two, go to a place away from fighting but near a rez spot and kill them while they let you, and vice versa. Even when you hit them with a pie there's a limited time for the kill to count.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You're supposed to find a buddy or two, go to a place away from fighting but near a rez spot and kill them while they let you, and vice versa. Even when you hit them with a pie there's a limited time for the kill to count.

Imagine using exploits to get achievements. What would even be the point?

Anyways, I'm up to 8/10 now. Four were legitimate, targeted pie -> kill. Two were on people AFK inside captured keeps, and two were lucky hits in mass melees.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

It's a Jester's Festival achievement, doing silly poo poo to get it is in spirit with the achievement.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It's a Jester's Festival achievement, doing silly poo poo to get it is in spirit with the achievement.

And... you consider getting someone to let you get 10 zero-effort kills on them, "silly poo poo". Because to me it looks coldly calculated, not much different from paying for a carry through a vet trial and the exact opposite of the event's spirit.

Well whatever, as long as you aren't going around bragging about having acquired all achievements or something I suppose it doesn't really matter how you got it.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Offkorn posted:

And... you consider getting someone to let you get 10 zero-effort kills on them, "silly poo poo". Because to me it looks coldly calculated, not much different from paying for a carry through a vet trial and the exact opposite of the event's spirit.
If it were a PVP achievement sure, I could see your point. But yes I consider hanging out with people while pieing each other and killing each other in cyro to be silly poo poo in line with "Throw 10 Pies at Guards anywhere but Cyrodiil" or "Festoon 20 players with cherry blossoms during the Jester's Festival." The achievement has conditions and they were met without exploiting any game systems or paying anyone.

I view the achievement as "had a silly time in cyro with pies and kills." You seem to view it as "has the skill and pvp experience to time pieing and killing in a coordinated way". I feel like my interpretation is inline with the Jesters festival and the rest of its achievements.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If it were a PVP achievement sure, I could see your point. But yes I consider hanging out with people while pieing each other and killing each other in cyro to be silly poo poo in line with "Throw 10 Pies at Guards anywhere but Cyrodiil" or "Festoon 20 players with cherry blossoms during the Jester's Festival." The achievement has conditions and they were met without exploiting any game systems or paying anyone.

I view the achievement as "had a silly time in cyro with pies and kills." You seem to view it as "has the skill and pvp experience to time pieing and killing in a coordinated way". I feel like my interpretation is inline with the Jesters festival and the rest of its achievements.

You're correct.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Even without the pies, sometime my friends and I just go gently caress around and play "hide and seek" in some rando corner of cyrodiil. Like hackdirt or whatever.

Whoever gets killed first is It next round. It's stupid fun.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Where is a good place for a non-thief skilled person to quickly get a pickpocket so I can get that DLC?

e: nevermind. I did it as part of a quest so I'm good to go!

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

You're correct.

Counterpoint: they're having fun wrong and should do it in the most tedious way possible.