Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain the obtuse rear end auction house system to me? I remember it being terrible.. but I'm planning on subbing and I imagine the best way for me to make money is gonna be to sell the ridiculous amount of crafting mats I pick up as I quest, so I figure I need to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Unless it has changed, first you need a guild with a trader. Then you hit the nearest banker, go to said guild store and list it there. Then you hope someone picks it up.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Hey Scy, do you have any advice on how to level and spec a Dragonknight for stamina damage?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

radintorov posted:

Hey Scy, do you have any advice on how to level and spec a Dragonknight for stamina damage?

Look at Stam Sorc guide, replace Surge with Vigor, Blood Craze, and Bloodthirst. Add in Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Volatile Armor, and Standard of Might where appropriate. Roll 2-Handed and Sword and Shield if you want to PvP.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Money comes from stealing everything that isn't nailed down this is an Elder Scrolls game. Crafting materials you keep to make your gear out of.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of StamDK, I started playing my Redguard DK again last night to do pledges. With just Night Mother's Gaze, 2 Agility DW + Neck, and 2x Skoria, I was pulling 20k-22k on Bosses in dungeons without any passives in the DW tree.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I forgot to mention in my tale of Adventures In Idiot Newbie Crafting, the reward I got for making the cooked chicken included 10 poultry, at which point I decided the game was just messing with me. Also in case anybody else is starting out, I didn't get permanently locked out of getting all the crafting certificates, the choice turned out to just be "Which 3 do you want first," I was able to then go back and get the other 3 as well.

Since other people also seem to be wondering about if the game's worth picking up, later this week I'll try to write up my thoughts based on starting out with no idea what I'm doing and what the game is like.

I see that the Explorer's Pack isn't available in the Crown store any more, replaced with the Adventurer Pack, but I see some key sellers are still selling Explorer's Pack keys for under $2. Can you still redeem a key for that even though it's not up for sale anymore?

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Scyantific posted:

All Stam, you can recoup your Health through Armor Passives, Enchants, and Set Bonuses.

More specifically, tell me what class you are and I'll tell you if can actually tank with a Stamina playstyle.

Redguard DK, been putting everything towards earthen knight/sword and board just because I don't know what I'm doing.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Scyantific posted:

Aight so Magicka Templar, like Magicka Nightblade, is one of those classes that can do very well with just its class skills and nothing else. And they can work wonders with them too. Self-Heals, Debuffs, Buffs, Sustain, they have it all (well except for a source of Major Sorcery).

Basics
  • Race Choice: Altmer, Breton, Dunmer, Argonian. In order of effectiveness. Some would rank Breton over Altmer but it's really up to personal choice. I have Dunmer, Breton, and Argonian magplars in my roster.
  • Attribute Dump: Magicka. Everything into Magicka.
  • Armor Specialization: Light Armor. Run two pieces of Heavy Armor if you want more survivability.
  • Mundus Stone: Thief; Thief + Shadow if running TBS (end-game only)

Levels 1-15
  • Grab the first skill in each of the Templar Skill lines, Puncturing Strikes, Rushed Ceremony, and Sun Fire. This will ensure that you level each of the class lines appropriately. Morph Puncturing Strikes into Puncturing Sweep, Rushed Ceremony into Breath of Life, and pick whatever morph of Sun Fire you find more appealing. I personally prefer Vampire's Bane since it means I can keep up that DoT longer and not have to worry about messing up my rotation.
  • Get two Swords and a Destruction Staff. Level the Destruction Staff line enough to get your hands on the Wall of Elements skill. After that, slap it on your skill bar and equip your swords. Leaving the Wall of Elements skill on your bar actively levels your Destruction Staff line while gaining XP. DO NOT purchase any of the active skills or passive skills in the Dual Wield line until it is at Rank 41. You will only need the Twin Blade and Blunt passive from that skill line and nothing more.
  • Level as many skills from all your class lines as possible. With the exception of Healing Ritual, Eclipse, and Sun Shield if you're not going the Blaztank route, they are all good.

At level 15, pick either Resto Staff, Destro Staff, or Sword and Shield to level up.

Eventually you're going to want your skills looking like this:
  • Puncturing Strikes -> Puncturing Sweep
  • Piercing Javelin -> Aurora Javelin
  • Focused Charge -> Explosive Charge
  • Spear Shards -> Blazing Spear
  • Sun Fire -> Reflective Light/Vampire's Bane
  • Solar Flare -> Dark Flare
  • Backlash -> Purifying Light
  • Radiant Destruction -> Radiant Glory
  • Rushed Ceremony -> Breath of Life
  • Restoring Aura -> Repentance
  • Cleansing Ritual -> Ritual of Retribution or Extended Ritual
  • Rune Focus -> Channeled Focus
  • Radial Sweep -> Crescent Sweep or Empowering Sweep
  • Nova -> Solar Prison
  • Rite of Passage -> Remembrance

Can you put this in the OP? This poo poo is gold.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

How's triple screen support with this? Eyeballing it since it's on sale on steam today and kinda want a mmo I can play on the couch with a controller.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Like.. Playing ESO with three screens at the same time?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I have a dunmer sorc, are there any decent builds I can make with that?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Aramek posted:

Like.. Playing ESO with three screens at the same time?

Yes

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The original author of CraftStore seems to have disappeared, so someone else took it upon themselves to update the entire addon for Update 12

If you have the original CraftStore, install the new version, and disable, do not remove the old version (the author might come back).

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
PC/Mac 5500 crown pack is on sale for $24 again. Whales, ho!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What are some must have addons?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Verranicus posted:

What are some must have addons?

Check the OP

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

I have a dunmer sorc, are there any decent builds I can make with that?

Obviously, Caster sorc is best for Dunmer, but I used to run a warrior-based sorc back before Tamriel Unlimited came out last year.

For starters, definitely look at 5x Julianos for body armor (Divines trait) + 3x Willpower jewelry (Arcane trait) + 2 Ilambris. If you don't have Ilambris, then run 2 Torug's on Head+Shoulder, and 2 Sharpened Torug's Staves, Lightning and Fire.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I downloaded AUI and I like it, but the floating combat text is distracting and the mana bar covers part of my chat box. Can I move the mana bar and disable the combat text? Couldn't figure it out in the options.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Verranicus posted:

So I downloaded AUI and I like it, but the floating combat text is distracting and the mana bar covers part of my chat box. Can I move the mana bar and disable the combat text? Couldn't figure it out in the options.

You should be able to unlock the positions of the attribute bars in the AUI menu. Failing that just swap to FTC which is far better.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wrangled a pubby group through White-Gold vet, did my good deed for the day.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I did that on my tank last week, they had the worst dps ever. Like, it took minutes to do each pull.

And they quietly fixed the normal/vet damage mix-up too. I'll miss fearlessly queueing for veterans.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 19, 2016

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Thanks for that Mag Templar write up, I just respecced to Magicka so I could run heals and had no idea what I was doing.

Also why do people queue Healer for Random Normal dungeons and then not heal? Most of my issues with dungeon wipes have gone away after I started healing, and I'm just some dumb low 20s character with no CP.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

They do it because they're fuckers. Heals and tanks are in demand, so if you flag as a healer, you get queues right away.

As you level and get better at this game you'll start seeing how it differs from classical "holy Trinity" MMOs. Tanks, healers, DPS still exist but the lines get blurry in ESO because every class can do all three in different ways. Endgame's situation is that every character needs to be able to hit, take a hit, and sustain themselves, regardless of further role specialization.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 19, 2016

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i have a lv 40 something argonian stamblade with dual wielding and bow but im not crazy about the build. whats the best way to build argonian nightblades?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
What am I looking at for Dragon Knights? What's the best way to build one for PvE, etc. They look interesting.

Also, is there any particular reason to go one class or another for stuff like Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild?

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
GET READY NEXT WEEK AZURA'S STAR RESETS.

edit: Also people reeeeeeeeally hate the Tremorscale + Viper combo

Bustycops fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 19, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Fridurmus posted:

What am I looking at for Dragon Knights? What's the best way to build one for PvE, etc. They look interesting.

Also, is there any particular reason to go one class or another for stuff like Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild?

DB and TG involve a lot of sneaking, so mag nightblade will absolutely have the easiest time of it, but everyone can do it all. All content unlocks are account wide, so you can unlock the costumes/dyes/mementos on whatever character you do the content with.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
So my inventory is gradually getting cluttered up with (Level 1) treasure maps, for areas I haven't been to yet. With the way scaling works in this game, will I get better treasure if I hold onto those until I'm higher level, should I just go running around on a big treasure hunt right now, or what?

Also yesterday some dude yelled at me for "resetting the spawn timer" on a delve boss. Is there some sort of weird etiquette for fighting those that I don't know about, or was he just being a baby?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

CaptainCaveman posted:

I forgot to mention in my tale of Adventures In Idiot Newbie Crafting, the reward I got for making the cooked chicken included 10 poultry, at which point I decided the game was just messing with me. Also in case anybody else is starting out, I didn't get permanently locked out of getting all the crafting certificates, the choice turned out to just be "Which 3 do you want first," I was able to then go back and get the other 3 as well.

Since other people also seem to be wondering about if the game's worth picking up, later this week I'll try to write up my thoughts based on starting out with no idea what I'm doing and what the game is like.

I see that the Explorer's Pack isn't available in the Crown store any more, replaced with the Adventurer Pack, but I see some key sellers are still selling Explorer's Pack keys for under $2. Can you still redeem a key for that even though it's not up for sale anymore?

The physical keys you buy have always been different from the crown store ones, they will work in all regions for starters. As for the pack yeah you get the important thing which is any race any alliance but I think you only get the treasure map boxes once which isn't so bad since those chests are usually crap anyway and lately I've been getting a lot of maps just as random drops. With the latest expansion the race alliance thing is probably not important but I recommend picking it up anyway and also it's two bucks.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rollersnake posted:

So my inventory is gradually getting cluttered up with (Level 1) treasure maps, for areas I haven't been to yet. With the way scaling works in this game, will I get better treasure if I hold onto those until I'm higher level, should I just go running around on a big treasure hunt right now, or what?

Also yesterday some dude yelled at me for "resetting the spawn timer" on a delve boss. Is there some sort of weird etiquette for fighting those that I don't know about, or was he just being a baby?

gently caress him. I haven't had anyone yell at me when I roll in and kill poo poo, but since halloween and the item drop changes people have literally been camping EVERY boss in every zone, so I'm not surprised you ran into some sperg.

I do know there's some internal timer for the plunder skulls, something like 3-5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure you won't hit that timer if you sit and camp one boss.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

People were exploiting Giant Camp in The Rift this past Saturday as I was clearing out the last POIs I needed on Strikes. Basically they were killing Longstride the Giant to get all the loot and dragging Thickpelt the mammoth out of range to reset the encounter entirely with the loot timer being reset as well.

So being a Goon I naturally decided to gently caress with those shitflingers and got a few others (non-goons, admittedly) to come with me so we could gently caress with them. First chance we got we burned the mammoth almost immediately and pissed off everyone there.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Other players truly are the worst part of this game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What's even funnier is that I typed in *Hits Submit Report* in Yell chat and suddenly I got flooded with messages calling me a human being and other slurs. Even had some idiot challenge me to a duel and I promptly burned his rear end down.

So we burned the mammoth down again when the encounter naturally restarted.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

MF_James posted:

gently caress him. I haven't had anyone yell at me when I roll in and kill poo poo, but since halloween and the item drop changes people have literally been camping EVERY boss in every zone, so I'm not surprised you ran into some sperg.

I do know there's some internal timer for the plunder skulls, something like 3-5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure you won't hit that timer if you sit and camp one boss.

I figured. I'm not going to go out of my way to piss people off, but for gently caress's sake—I get to the end of a dungeon, I fight the boss, I leave. I am not playing the same game.

Also, I just found a Whirring Dynamo! It doesn't do anything except take up space in my inventory being rare. Do I need to have both these items simultaneously to get this achievement, and furthermore, do achievements serve any purpose except for some of them unlocking dye colors?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are any of you part of large trade guilds I could get invited to? Doesn't seem like anyone uses the Goon store.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Morglon posted:

The physical keys you buy have always been different from the crown store ones, they will work in all regions for starters. As for the pack yeah you get the important thing which is any race any alliance but I think you only get the treasure map boxes once which isn't so bad since those chests are usually crap anyway and lately I've been getting a lot of maps just as random drops. With the latest expansion the race alliance thing is probably not important but I recommend picking it up anyway and also it's two bucks.

Aha, I didn't realize they had different names for keys vs Crown Store, that's good to know and made it all make more sense. I managed to get a key for 83 cents and it redeemed without any trouble, so that's all good. Thanks!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-nightblade-tank-build/ is this build viable for my argonian nightblade?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Percelus posted:

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-nightblade-tank-build/ is this build viable for my argonian nightblade?

It's a Deltia build so lol gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Percelus posted:

I think most people are generally skeptical about Deltia's stuff and I don't know how much of it's actually been updated recently. Of all the builds I've seen the ones from Scy and tgidieday here in the thread are consistently the best and they also usually explain why everything is in the build as it is. Scy actually posted his Nightblade sap tank build recently and it looks pretty cool:

Scyantific posted:

Not gimped at all actually. Like I said, my Dunmer nightblade pulls triple duty as DPS, Healer (well, off-healer), and Tank. I've had multiple pick-up groups compliment my build after tanking them through particularly tricky dungeons like Banished Cells II, Crypt of Hearts II, White-Tower, and Imperial City Prison.

In fact, I think it's about time I posted my updated tank build now that OT is out and people seem to be coming back to the game. It basically plays the same as a magblade DPS but built for survivability

Armor Sets
-Setup can be either 5HA/1MA/1LA or 5HA/2LA or 7HA
-Ideal traits should be Sturdy on armor pieces, or Divines if you can't find Sturdy drops. Weapons will be Defending. Shield can either be Infused or Sturdy.
-Armor enchants should be Magicka. Weapon enchant will be Crusher

"Main" Setup (I use this for the legitimately difficult endgame content)
  • 2x Blood Spawn, Sturdy (Head and Shoulder pieces)
  • 5x Akaviri Dragonguard (Jewelry + either SnB or 2 armor), Sturdy (Drop set, Eastmarch region)
  • 5x Tava's Favor, Sturdy (Crafted set)
The Akaviri Dragonguard set is a cornerstone of this build because it reduces the cost of Ultimates by 15%, and when synergized with Blood Spawn and Tava's Favor you're basically dropping 2-3 War Horns during every boss encounter, which is by far the most important buff in any group setting

Optional Armor Choices
  • 2x Engine Guardian if you have sustain issues (you shouldn't)
  • 2x Malubeth if you want more healing
  • 2x Swarm Mother if you want to pull ranged adds towards you
  • 2x Mighty Chudan if you're a dumbass who can't figure out how to keep Major Ward/Resolve up constantly (Hint: Use any ability in the Shadow tree)
  • 5x Brands of Imperium (Drop set, White-Gold Tower) if you're running with idiot stamina builds who are dying at close range
  • 5x Kagrenac's Hope if you want to forgo survivability for more damage/healing output. And faster resurrections for your idiot DPS super-stars who keep standing in stupid.
  • 3x Willpower if you can't obtain Dragonguard Jewelry. Trait can be either Healthy or Arcane.
  • 2x Endurance for Sword and Shield if you're running Willpower

Essential Skills

Class Skills
  • Refreshing Path - This is your main source of Major Ward and Major Resolve, which increases your Spell and Physical Resist by 5260. With Blood Spawn active your resistances should be hitting 33-35k, which is above the resistance hard cap. It's also a decent Heal Over Time skill.
  • Siphoning Attacks - A key skill in a Nightblade tank's arsenal. Whereas Dragonknight tanks get their resources back through the Battle Roar passive when activating Ultimates, we use Siphoning Attacks to constantly regenerate resources during any battle by weaving Light and Heavy attacks and Direct Damage Skills
  • Sap Essence - Our main source of pulling trash mobs. The amazing thing about Sap Tanks is that they get stronger as the number of mobs increases, so this skill is essential during trash pulls
  • Mirage - This skill is key to a Tava's Favor build. Tava's Favor grants 9 ultimate over 3 seconds any time you dodge an attack. Combining this with Akaviri Dragonguard means that you're building Ultimate relatively quickly once you throw in Nightblade passives.
  • Funnel Health - During single-target encounters, you'll want to be weaving this consistently. This skill allows you to deal direct damage to bosses, while also providing a secondary source of heals to your allies, and further speeding up your ultimate gain.
Weapon Skills
  • Pierce Armor - Your primary source of pulling aggro. It also afflicts your target with Major Breach and Major Fracture, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance
  • Heroic Slash - Another cornerstone skill in any tank's arsenal. Not only does it inflict Minor Main on your target, reducing their damage output, it also grants Minor Heroism, speeding up your ultimate gain.
  • Absorb Magic - Probably the best skill for a tank in the Sword and Shield tree. Not only does it passively help you block just by having it slotted, but activating it against ranged caster targets also helps keep you alive, since it absorbs magic damage and heals you while doing it.
  • Shield Wall - I haven't completely tested this skill out yet, but having zero block cost for 6 seconds pretty much speaks for itself. Further testing is needed on this skill before I can make a decision on it
Alliance War Skills - Yes, this build requires a little PvP action
  • Aggressive Warhorn - As previously mentioned, this is a tank's greatest contribution to any group setting. Aggressive Warhorn increases your entire group's stats by 10%, and grants them Major Force, increasing their Critical Damage by a staggering 30%. This skill is one of only two sources of Major Force in the game.
  • Reviving Barrier - Is your group having trouble staying alive, or have you run into an "oh poo poo oh gently caress" moment during an encounter? Then worry not, this skill is here to save your asses! Not only does it deploy a MASSIVE 35k damage shield to all allies in range, it also drops an amazing heal over time to anyone affected by the skill.