Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Hopefully the juice isn't worth the squeeze for medium weaving. I probably won't bother with it.

Heavy attack resto though. I'm really surprised that went unchanged with the latest PTS patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Anyone have any opinions on the update? Been playing PoE since the patch dropped.

New dungeons fun? Anyone surprised at the reality of the combat changes?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Emberfox posted:

I'm only level 46 stam warden been playing off and on. I hadn't played in a few weeks. Only thing I've noticed so far is that my buffs and dots are a bit easier to maintain.

I'm generally afraid of group content though.

If you queue for random normals, it's likely you'll have a sweaty DPS queue as tank and solo the dungeon before you have time to read the quest.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
:patriot:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Coming back after a break since update 35ish and every time I log out I get an unexpected error that occurs that takes 10-15 minutes to clear. Does this happen to anyone else?

Accidentally hit logout or quit from the character select menu and it seems like it locks me out for a good 10 minutes.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Anyone got recs on favorite builds for blasting Vateshran Hollows? Want to go reasonably fast to get the sword/shield and only have one Veteran clear under my belt evidently.

Not sure what's the play here anymore. Used sorc for maelstrom before the perfected weapons arrived. Have all classes at 50 except arcanist. DK is really poorly skilled. Oakensoul or pale order are owned.

Guessing magsorc is still the solid way to go for soloing these? Might just blow through on normal to get what I want without having to worry about paying attention.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Double posting.

Did Vet VHA last night with my one bar Templar from pre update 35. Deadly strikes and War Maidens (dual daggers) with slimecraw helm. Second run ever and was able to do it in 1:30 or so.

Final boss took like 30-40 mins of attempts and a lot of dumb deaths while I remembered and figured out the mechanics from my first clear a long time ago.

Was hard because I didn't do enough DPS to really skip mechanics but also was doing too much DPS to go slow. Need practice for sure but can probably update the build. Felt like I got clobbered due to not having enough (any) defense skills, so can optimize this a bit more.

Might try and get my arcanist up and clearing before March 11th since it seems like they're incredibly broken with shield gen right now and it'd be fun to get a few runs in there.

Someone posted a 17 minute vet clear on the subreddit recently which seems fun in a broken way

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 14, 2024

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
That looks fun - will have to give it a shot.

Did end up starting and getting an arcanist almost up and running.

The flail morph that generates a shield isn't currently capped so with the red CP that buffs shield gen you can get some pretty large shields.

This is going to be capped on the 11th but it's been fun trying to get the character up and running before it gets adjusted.

Haven't run vVH yet through it's entirety but did get through the first 2 arenas pretty easily and got stuck on the third (green boss with the platforms) because I was having a hard time doing mechanics on my steam deck.

Gonna give it another shot here soon. Still leveling skill lines. Also was trying to knock out Velothis mythic. Everything but the Scriveners lead now.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 21, 2024

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Alright. Set out to farm vVH for the void bash set a whole ago. Considered doing it on normal to just fill out the sticker book ASAP but decided to see if I could nab the spirit slayer trifecta achievement while I was knocking this out.

Many runs later and Void bash was the only thing left. Really appreciate curated drops. Though I didn't realize it was probably going to take 4 runs to get all the weaps since the shield seems to drop each time. Two more runs to go.

Nabbed the achievement last night too. Was doing 5-7 deaths per run just because my build is pretty frail. But last run of the night everything just went my way I guess.

Arcanist with deadly/nirn/Velothi and 1pc ice heart since I had this in heavy and was trying to be slightly tankier. Flail and beam are wild.

Edit: time was just under 27 minutes. Was averaging somewhere between 32-38 mins for my other runs.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 26, 2024

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Some solid March login rewards.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65635

A bunch of crates, 500 seals, Orsinium DLC in day 2, pet and mount...

If you complete some achievements for Orsinium (world bosses I think) you can claim some stuff in the crown store too.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

ewe2 posted:

Is there any other mythic gear to recommend?

They go on about pillar of nirn gear but that's a lot of grinding of dungeons.

What sort of stuff do you want to do? Group? Solo? What class?

Velothi Ur is a pretty nice amulet for Arcanist and Templar dps.

Spaulder of Ruin is nice for healers / tanks.

Oakensoul gets you one bar and a bunch of buffs which enables some easier builds.

Farming up gear goes a lot faster these days with the curated drops but it's still a slog to get the weapons/jewelry. Like 30(?) runs and you'll have what you want guaranteed, but that's still a lot of time. Will usually try to do one a day for a while until I have enough transmute crystals to get what I need reconstructed.

Easier to stomach if you can get in the tank/healer queue.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Ring of the wild hunt (move speed increase) might be right up your alley.

Harpooners wading kilt is a great DPS piece but the bonus requires you to not be getting hit.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Pontificating rear end posted:

Big update just came out
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65641

Seems to be some updates under-the-hood, for instance you can jump with sprinting now, this is actually huge

overview posted:

Specifically, with Update 41, ESO no longer officially supports the Windows 7 operating system for future compatibility.

Hmmm......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah, I heard it was big and ported in when I got it. Looked around a bit and thought it wasn't really THAT big.

Fell down into the caverns and :aaaaa: