Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the role of Weapon and spell penetration? How is it tactially different from crit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

The first one will never happen, the second one is supposedly coming in U13, but will more than likely be gigantic blanket nerfs because that's the only thing Wrobel is capable of. The other problem is that the mindset from the combat team is that: A) Style is more important than actual substance, meaning that they'll implement something that "looks cool" without giving any thought to balancing; and B) Wrobel himself has said that their aim is for players to be able to pick up the game and instantly be good at it without actually having to learn the nuances of their specific choices in race, class, playstyle. This explains why there's an increasing amount of proc sets in the game.

Penetration is what allows you to ignore mitigation that either bosses or other players have. Crit is just double damage. Probably the simplest explanation.

In what circumstances do I want pen over crit?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do boss monsters have "armor" as such? Do they deal crit damage? When do I want weapon damage stat over crit or penetration?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does robbing the trespassing manors in Hew's Bane give better rewards?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

is there any sense to why some pubblies don't like spamming wrecking blow and snipe? A build-up attack against a single target seems like the ideal against a boss.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Aramek posted:

I like Willpower/Agility too much.

is the 3pc ability on the willpower set meant to be more powerful than the 3rd pieces of other sets? Because it doesn't have a flashy ability it's just stats.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

50% higher stats than those other 3 pieces, so yes. Though, if you can afford it/got the patience for it, Infallible/Vicious Ophidian/Moondancer/Alkosh jewelry alone is better for PvE simply because of the Minor Slayer buff.

How do i git gud at interpreting stats?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are the II dungeons actually still harder now?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a character builder that lets me check for redundant buffs?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

inflatable fish posted:

eso-skills.com

I don't see where the buff checking is.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is health regen ever relevant?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How much interest do we have in doing veteran DLC dungeons? I want those cheevos and busts.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Anyone gotta Dunmer mag DK trial build?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What are the principles of single-target dps? What effect does spell damage stat do vs critical damage/ When people say "use xyz set" why is that set the best?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

They tried smaller numbers at launch but it didn't work for MATH REASONS

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Aramek posted:

And they can still do DW swords. With a zappy staff on the back bar. The swords make your spells hit hard.

How so? And you are still missing out on the destro and resto staff passives

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

quote:

Crafting Writ Turn-In Site Universalization
With the Clockwork City base game update, you may now turn in your Crafting Writs at any Writ turn-in site throughout the world, regardless of crafting rank.

gently caress YOU FOREVER CRAGLORN BLOW MY COCK YOU WASP INFESTED HELLSCAPE

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Digital Osmosis posted:

holy poo poo you mean i finally have to stop making the terrible decision between having a quest log that's one smaller than normal or hearing errol's worried friend every loving day? truly ZOS provides.

I'm not sure what you are getting at?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Depends on what you mean by can't do poo poo.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do i get good at battlegrounds as a magdk?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Dose broadbrim Christmas hats :aaa:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

When i animation cancel am i supposed to go

LA-Skill-LA

or

skill-La-skill?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

"is it vet difficulty?" then be level 50 CP 160, not because of difficulty but its kind of pointless to get valued set drops that you will outlevel in a day

It's also demoralizing to have a <160 dps even if thats snobby and irrational, everyone's thinking it.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So dying armor now costs gold where it did not before...

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

radintorov posted:

No, regular armor dyeing is still as free as it was before.
What costs gold is creating a custom outfit to override your current gear visuals.

I just tested it. It cost me gold to just dye.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I was hoping for another remix of Jupiter rather than some bland trailer house music

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Whats the best guide for vet maelstrom?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What makes stamwardens so effective in pvp?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

You mean my 2018 car costs less one year later? THOSE THIEVES

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

Yeah, uh, "I bought it at full price when it was new and everyone else should have to as well!" is a real loving :psyduck: hill to die on.

Also Morrowind+full game was 20 bux like a month after release.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So when you swag69 are you usually going to be playing a campaign or a battleground?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How soon did Morrowind first go on sale?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

There are a lot of sets, food and drink, and glyphs that increase all three stats or all three regens. Theres also the food and drink that increases mag and stam.

Unless you are a pvp magika user who wants to use some stam to roll dodge, are these of any use? Do stam users tend to put one or two magic abilities?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

fknlo posted:

Is this a thing for new purchases? I see base game with Summerset and base game with Morrowind options but I don't see Morrowind listed as coming with Summerset. Considering buying this to kill some free time and might do it if Morrowind comes with Summerset.

It's a pre-order, keep in mind that Summerset hasn't officialy launched yet so it's still available.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Beefeater posted:

All of these things are largely build dependent. PvE DPS shines when focused on either magicka or stamina exclusively (on my stamblade I don't have a single piece of gear or use a consumable that assists in magicka totals/damage in any way). PvE tanks tend to need resources from both pools, and thus stack both magicka and stamina to some degree whilst keeping their health total high. And as you mentioned, plenty of PvP builds make use of both resource pools.

It can also be situational. Plenty of folks use tri-stat food on a magicka character while doing Maelstrom Arena due to having to dodge roll a bunch.

Why does a stamtank want magic?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Waaaa I swapped out of Vivec forgetting that my character had level 3 campaign contribution please be my support group Thread.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 12, 2019

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

egyptian rat race posted:

I would also like to know this

quote:

This content requires the base game The Elder Scrolls® Online on Steam in order to play.

No

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there an up to date stamsorc guide for vet maelstrom?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is master merchant freaking out for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a way to change character order in Wpama?