Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Hi, I’m playing without ESO+ but I want some armour that is apparently only found in in the Orsinium DLC. General consensus seems to be that the best way to get any DLC areas is just to get ESO+, because it’s just far greater value than buying individual chunks.

So I’m likely going to get ESO+ for one month and grind the Orsinium area for the armour that I want or that some internet guide tells me I want, I have no idea what I’m doing. Is there anything else I should focus on in that month in terms of ESO+ exclusive content? I can see myself getting a month’s sub every year or so just to grab some stuff, but there’s no chance I’m going to keep it going month to month so I want to make sure I get my best bang for my bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, it’s briarheart for a stamina warden (dual wield/bow/big chunky bear/throw birds at people).

If you can just buy stuff off the guild traders then great, problem solved. I’ve not really interacted with that system at all yet; I’m just treating this game as a Skyrim 2 for the most part, but I need to not be a total waste of space when I’m playing with my tryhard sister.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I’m not following any one specific build guide, but I looked a bunch and a lot of them tended to use a lot of both this Briarheart stuff and the Hunding’s Rage set, which apparently you can just craft so I’m not super worried about right now.

So I figured getting sets of those 2 would be a good way to nudge me into effectivity.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks all, it’s good to know I’m on a not-totally-wrong direction.

I’m on PC (I wanted to be on Xbox, but no crossplay :(), on the EU server if that matters.

Bear in mind I’m only L20 though, so I’m trying to get to 50 ASAP and it seems like there’s no point caring about gear until then because everything you can use will be obsolete 5 minutes later.

I’m enjoying the game so far! It’s just nice to be in Tamriel tbh. I’m trying to do the content in chronological order but I’m already really looking forward to going back to Vardenfell for maximum nostalgia.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Neat! I’ve just made my way out of my initial non-prologue faction area from the base game, so it’ll be good to see what I can get up in roughly a gajillion years.

Werewolf set dragon knight best dragon knight btw, never stop healing never stop ultimating never stop aoeing

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

10. If you make an argonian you MUST give it a silly name and post it here.

I called mine Niles :haw:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah. More mushroom scenery, an Argonian pal, and a new class - I’m happy!

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

On the one hand, I really need to do better planning my trait research and daily crafting writs. On the other hand, I've never actually felt the need to craft anything.

I like traveling to a new area, scouting out the sets that drop and farming a set as part of my, like, intro to the place.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Pretty sure there’s not, I’m afraid. I looked into it when I got my Xbox, and had no luck finding anything.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I really like the Arcanist class, I made one just to experiment and I think I might go redo the story with them and use them as my main character.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I’m swapping between an inferno staff bar with the arcanist first skill line of ranged dps, and then once enemies get up close swapping to a sword and shield bar with second and third line skills that throw armor on me, start healing, and get some ‘damage enemies when they hit you going’ until I can reposition back to swap to ranged dps. Also there’s a tempo in that some skills generate, and some spend, a resource called Crux which I don’t understand beyond needing to balance between generating and spending.

I’m sure my build is horribly suboptimal but I’m having a good time. My other character is a 2h stamina dragonknight and it’s a very different way to play.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah I have severe brainworms so I still have 2 of my 9 characters to bring up to level 50, which I'm doing 2-3 levels at a time running the dolmens in Alikir whenever I feel like listening to a podcast and zoning out in front of the monitor.

those "zone: +dolmen" scripts still work sometimes, I guess it depends on if anyone around is running... whatever operates them? tbh I normally just grab an aoe spell and Ember and don't bother trying to join a group unless I get an invite.

EVENTUALLY I'll pick which class I want to play as. Probably.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Yes it’s for a specific armor weight. Heavy is blacksmithing, light and medium are clothing (and are separate research slots, i.e. light chest is different to medium chest).

My sister has one character and just researched everything eventually on that single character and took her time with it. This is the correct approach.

My brother created a dedicated alt who after grinding to L50 does nothing except craft, all research and styles etc happen on that alt. This is the bad approach.

I created a bunch of characters who I do content with sometimes and have divided up the crafting duties amongst them. So one does blacksmithing, one does enchanting, etc. This is the worst approach DO NOT DO THIS.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I’m on the US West Coast but play on the EU server, and one of these days I’m going to spend a few weeks logging on in the evening and running around Wrothgar opening chests and smacking bosses until I have a billion briarheart pieces. It seems the most commonly useful armor of all.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

It’s half and half. A high-level character with a low skill will see half ‘high level’ stuff, half ‘low skill’ stuff.

E: It might not be actually 50/50, it could be 70/30 or whatever I don’t know.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I don’t know if it’s meta or not but I’m having a good time with my solo dragonknight.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

queeb posted:

so im between stamina arcanist and magsorc for my playthrough character. arcanist looks interesting with its big lazer, but magsorc has pet builds and i do like those

I’m really enjoying my stamina arcanist, fwiw! But yeah if you want pets then it’s sort or warden I guess.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

@Kyro, I play around with new characters a lot but seem to always come back to my DK. Most fun character class IMO.

@Mr Newsman, that’s odd and I’m not experiencing it at all on EU PC (and I’m logging in and out of characters a lot, I’m still getting 5 characters all horsed up right now). Sorry I can’t help any further!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah just keep going, you’ll get a quest that’s like ‘Talk to the sketchy hooded figure’ and that’s the original starter quest and everything will make sense again.