Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's a good rear end OP. Really looking forward to One Tamriel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

One Tamriel, specifically will let you party/quest with anyone of any level, so that aspect will get way way easier.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

More importantly, people are now willingly doing my two favorite dungeons, Blessed Crucible and Direfrost Keep because every dungeon now has drops specific to it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hal_2005 posted:

Folks, let me tell you something: we don't win anymore. I mean, look at this build. It has it all. It's going to make ESO Great Again. Trust me. I know things, and I know this is great. Why is it great? Because I said so, and I'm a winner. So take this build and win.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/prosperous-build/

Only good thing I've ever seen on Tamriel Foundry.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Krinkle posted:

In the previous thread someone showed me a build for a melee electro sorcerer and I lost it so I was wondering if anyone had a build I could copy again.
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/02/battlemasters-corner--thunderous-destroyer
looks close but I don't think the ult was storm atronach, and the second bar was definitely dual wield. I thought for sure hurricane would have been a part of the build but this says no. I like the leaping at people and exploding part.

That build is a year and a half out of date and is one of the worst things I've ever seen. In my opinion, the good Stamsorc build that's the easiest to obtain is actually 2H/2H.

For example:

bar 1 single (2h): rally + evil hunter + wrecking blow + executioner + hurricane + (u) dawnbreaker
bar 2 aoe (2h): critical surge + critical rush + evil hunter + brawler + hurricane + (u) dawnbreaker/shooting star/power overload/suppression field/whatever

Put every single level up into stamina.

The dual wield version is better, but only if you get the two Maelstrom weapons. This is super easy and fun and has a lot of staying power. Just make sure to keep Rally and Critical Surge and Hurricane up, and fly around crit rushing everything.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

My guar matches my own stripes. :3:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yep! OT has FG and MG dailies! Do them! Do them to get motifs that are new and expensive as gently caress and give them to me!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Sorry yes, as of One Tamriel, all guild houses in every city they're in should contain daily quests via the blueish pip. I dunno if they unlock at a certain level or not, however.

Mage's Guild quests are of the "do a specific delve somewhere in the world, and get an item" sort, and Fighter's Guild are of the "go to this zone and kill the dolmens there" sort in my experience.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 13, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Oh yes, they're inside the hall. It's the same NPC that grants the quest, so you can get it/turn it in in any of them.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

Did they add anything to help speed along Undaunted?

Yeah, they've doubled the quest givers. Three pledges in a day, plus the solo delve daily.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Oh poo poo, that rules. Last time I messed with Stamsorc dual wield had no healing/sustain. Ignore my post, do that.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Dunmer make for amazing mag NBs. Tanking as a Mag NB is hard, but doable. Scy had a good writeup on the only thread, gonna c/p it in here:

===

The majority of it is self explanatory, but let me touch up on a few points of interest:
Head/Shoulders: I flex these two spots a lot given that I have multiple tanking combos that I can run. If I need more defense and faster ultimate generation I roll with Blood Spawn. If I'm in a sustain-heavy fight or we're fighting tons of trash mobs, I run Engine Guardian. Malubeth was something I'm currently testing for PvP purposes and probably won't see much use on a PvE-centric tank. I am also wanting to test Lord Warden Dusk for the AoE Physical and Spell resist boost that it offers in case we're in a stack-and-burn type of situation.

Main Armor set: Simply put I run Kagrenac's Hope because of the Magicka regen, Health bonus, and spell damage boost. Here's a secret about sap-tanks in general: They're not really tanks. (Yes ennuid, I'm admitting it). We're basically DPS toons with shitloads of resistance, self-heals, running heavy armor, sword and shield, and taking the larger hits. That's probably the main reason I run this build, because I can rotate my gear/skillbars out and run a solid DPS when needed.

Skills
Bar 1:
Piece Armor - Basic taunt + Spell and Physical Resist reduction on enemies
Refreshing Path - Secondary AoE ability used to draw aggro, and proc my Nightblade's Shadow Barrier passive, increasing my resistances by almost 6k. Also has a heal and speed boost as long as I remain on the path.
Sap Essence - My main AoE DPS skill and self/group heal. The beauty of a sap tank (and sap-based nightblade in general) is that they actually get stronger as the number of enemies increases, both increasing my heals and my damage output.
Defensive Stance - I run this for two things: for the passive block bonuses (8% increase in block mitigation & 8% decrease in block cost), and as an off-dps/CC ability. With trash mobs I just taunt everything and any ranged mobs stupid enough to fire a projectile at me get it back with a nice stun on top (cherry optional)
Stalwart Guard - This is my favorite ability post-DB. It lets me take on 30% of the damage that a party member receives, while granting both of us Minor Force, increasing our critical damage by 12%. This is a pretty hefty DPS boost that will help a lot. Alternatively, if you don't have this skill, you can run Mirage, which gives you Major Evasion, giving you a 20% dodge chance, and also giving you Minor Ward and Minor Resolve, providing a small but semi-useful boost to Armor and Spell Resist.
Ultimate: Veil of Blades - This is an AoE that snares, and reduces damage for all party members inside the AoE by 30%. I hardly use it, and only keep it slotted for the Dark Vigor passive, which increases my health for every Shadow class ability I have slotted (I have Refreshing Path and Veil of Blades slotted which gives me a 6% HP boost)

Bar 2:
Inner Rage - Ranged taunt. Simple as that. Has a synergy that can be used to trigger an AoE attack centered on the affected target.
Funnel Health - I use this to both deal damage on minor bosses, which heals me and a random party member over time. I also use it while weaving light/heavy attacks to quickly build up ultimate, as Funnel also procs the Siphoning passive Transfer, giving me additional ultimate.
Heroic Slash - I use this for the Minor Maim and Minor Heroism status effects, which decrease my enemy's damage by 15% and grants me additional ultimate, respectively
Siphoning Strikes - This is another staple of Nightblade tanking. Using this skill gives all my attacks a chance to return resources, allowing me to continue a fight for a very long time.
Stalwart Guard - Same as bar 1. Guard must be slotted on both bars to maintain the buff
Ultimate: Aggressive Horn - Grants all allies in the area a +10% boost to all stats for about 30 seconds, and grants them Major Force for 9 seconds, which increases all critical damage by 30%. Probably the single most useful/required tank ability in the game. In fights where survivability is key, I usually slot Reviving Barrier, which grants allies a gigantic damage shield in addition to proving a massive heal over time.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Redguard is so far out in front for Stamina builds, pick that. Really any +Stam race, but Redguard is the best because of their racial Regen buff.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

100% into stamina. If you're planning on doing real tanking you might respec some points when you hit max level, but all stamina until then.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Like.. Playing ESO with three screens at the same time?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I did that on my tank last week, they had the worst dps ever. Like, it took minutes to do each pull.

And they quietly fixed the normal/vet damage mix-up too. I'll miss fearlessly queueing for veterans.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 19, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

They do it because they're fuckers. Heals and tanks are in demand, so if you flag as a healer, you get queues right away.

As you level and get better at this game you'll start seeing how it differs from classical "holy Trinity" MMOs. Tanks, healers, DPS still exist but the lines get blurry in ESO because every class can do all three in different ways. Endgame's situation is that every character needs to be able to hit, take a hit, and sustain themselves, regardless of further role specialization.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 19, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Fridurmus posted:

What am I looking at for Dragon Knights? What's the best way to build one for PvE, etc. They look interesting.

Also, is there any particular reason to go one class or another for stuff like Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild?

DB and TG involve a lot of sneaking, so mag nightblade will absolutely have the easiest time of it, but everyone can do it all. All content unlocks are account wide, so you can unlock the costumes/dyes/mementos on whatever character you do the content with.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Hate to ask this in the thread too, but can anyone in the guild do a werewolf bite?

I sure can. If you don't find one, message me in game when I'm on.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Fridurmus posted:

Anyone have a solid Templar build that'll work solo and then transition well into a party scenario?

Magplar DPS is not only some of the best and easiest things, you can solo almost everything, and dish out a surprising amount of healing for yourself and your group as you fight.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Made a new toon, Magsorc, since I'd never done one.

Shocks-and-Awes. The smuggest Argonian.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Morglon posted:

So is the server just plain making GBS threads itself right now or is it my connection?

Yep, pretty sure it's that whole "east coast internet is under attack" thing that's been going on this week. Depending on where their servers are hosted, some websites don't work.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Get one of us to make you Hunding's, which is a six trait.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Nah, that's it. Never let the cops see you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Play a mag NB. Spam invisible. Perfect assassination sacraments every time. This goes for stealing as well.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Or, more esoterically, the main differences are the completely different skills you use, rotation you'll develop, and gear you'll wear.

Similarities? You both use mana, and a destro staff, and Mage's guild skills.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Any boss does that, so do a delve first, get the memento, then farm them public dungeons. Good luck!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scy will try to force you into baby fight club though. It builds character.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hmm, I should try it on DeVito then.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yeah, if you see me on, hit me up, goes double for food.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

When we get player housing, I hope the game finally gives us invincible target dummies.

They won't, but I hold out hope.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

I wish I had known a little bit more Elder Scrolls lore before I started playing. I'm still pleased with myself for coming up with "Anoline Sane" for my glamsorc, but it doesn't follow Argonian naming conventions and it's ruining my immersion. :saddowns:

My main Argo doesn't either. Just pretend he wasn't raised with an Argo family or something.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

the fattest, dopiest Khajit.

Hates-Mondays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHR0EfYACAI

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We'll craft stuff for you too.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's odd.

Maybe macs can't do analog.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I wanna smooch him so bad.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Nope, enchanting is 3x worse to level than anything else.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm spoiled from playing with goons, but every time I get a pubbie dps that's dw/bow they do so much worse than a pubbie with a 2h. Maybe because dw/bow is way easier to gently caress up.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That build looks good to me. Very, very gear dependent, but all the "look what I can do on the leaderboards" videos are extremely "for the camera" as it were. Try it out, see how it goes!

PureRok posted:

Where do I get the information on the Discord server used by ESO goons?

https://discord.gg/mehDM8z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We'll make you stuff. What's your @username? We'll invite you to the goon guild.