Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
As long as we're daydreaming about it.

Place your alt character npcs with a small script to make the npc version of the character you're currently on invisible or hidden or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DoriDori240 posted:

Wardens, Templars, and even Nightblades are very viable tank classes, but DK is still the best. I'd recommend any of these 4 over a necromancer tank. You can tank on any class, and heal or DPS on any of the 6 as well, to varying degrees of effectiveness. Personally if you want a true jack of all trades class, pick Templar tbh.

edit: We are a Telvanni ERP guild, first and foremost, good sir or madame

Just chiming in that Sorcerors can make surprisingly good tanks. I've seen a handful of them in action, apparently sustain is :kiss: with them.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Theres a psijic skill that does that (your attacks heal peeps so you attack them instead of baddies). But thats all I know off the top of my head.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, I'm 100% on board with craglorn storywise...everything else is kinda either bad or forgettable.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Comrade Koba posted:

It's worth to point out that the Blade of Woe skill also works on most humanoid non-elite enemies. So if you enjoy playing a sneaky stabby dude, you can skulk around enemy camps like a drat ninja and one-shot everyone you see.

It cannot be overstated how fun this is when you're just loving around in random zones.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sky Shadowing posted:

They also confirmed that the Q4 story DLC is set wholly in the Deadlands, Dagon's Oblivion realm.

Thats one way around the shrinking "unexplored" areas in the world map.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Diephoon posted:

What little water bags?

Water skins.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Flexes-like-Sithis

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Argonian Sorc Tank with boundless storm.:

AC-DC

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jabro posted:

As long as you just want to experience the game and not minmax end game stuff you can pretty much play any class with any build. Of course some are easier but not enough to take you from your preferred style of play.

I'll add to this though: you can do the story stuff with anything and be fine. But having a magsorc already puts you a leg up in that it'll be super easy to transition into doing harder stuff if you decide you like the game and want to hang around awhile.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The other PVP are not 3v3v3. Cyrodiil is a big open world fort assault. I haven't played it much so I don't know much about what the actual PVP is like (other than reading people complain about lag and ball groups) but what little I've seen feels very different from battlegrounds. The other is Imperial city which is street or dungeon fights against whoever shows up, with AI enemies and bosses interspersed all over. Sometimes you're 1V1 against someone you find, sometimes you join a group and roll over those you find, sometimes a group rolls over you, sometimes there are bigger group battles. As a primarily PvE player I've only experienced it during events and find it kinda frustrating, but I can see how it could be fun.

You can spec for both though unless you're trying to be the very best at one or the other, and while the skill reset cost can be kinda steep, the morph reset cost isn't, so as long as you have enough skill points to get the base skills for everything and only switch morphs on a respec then you'll be fine.

To add to this:

Morphs also retain their rank after a swap.

So you can have skill A, morph it to B and rank it up to max, remorph it to C and max it, and then just switch between the two morphs (at a shrine) for a little bit of gold whenever you need to.

It's not ideal, but it could be way worse.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Pug Rodeo posted:

Mirri and I have the same armor theme and mounts and are the coolest kids in school.

I did the same thing. Wizards gotta have apprentices yo.

E: Both companions are also knock-off versions of player classes, Mirri is a nightblade and her class skills are variations on that, Bastian is a dragonknight.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 9, 2021

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Doctor Zero posted:

RNG being RNG?

This.

Sometimes I go a couple days never seeing one, other days I'll find 5 in one zone.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lysandus posted:

Imagine devoting your life to Dibella, spreading love and harmony to the people, only to have someone stroll into your temple and stab you in the back for 10 seals of endeavor.

*my argonian dk assassin looks directly at the camera like a character from the office*

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

100 degrees Calcium posted:

It makes no sense for [thing] to be present in that form in 2E, but drat it looks awesome.

Keep this in mind at all times, and you'll have a good time.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I like nightblade because it has invis but it takes a more effort to be filthy, it's never as simple as Templar jab jab jab.

This is a good point.

In any kind of fight, nightblades definitely require more "doing stuff" but god drat throwing on a set of Darloc Brae and spamming invis through entire delves is lazy as gently caress and I love it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

xZAOx posted:

I've never really felt that this was "Skyrim online". I'm fact, the initial launch got so much poo poo because that was what people wanted, and they failed on it.

The world and questing though are all pretty great, and I think do a good job of being very Elder Scrolls. There's also the obvious superficial stuff like the ui and looting poo poo everywhere that give super Skyrim vibes.

But the combat, progression, leveling, 3p camera all feel like a pretty different game (not necessarily in a bad way mind you), very much stuff more suited to a modern MMO.

It 100% nails that Skyrim vibe of "I'll go do that task over there", and then you get distracted 500 times on the way there, then it's hours later and you're just finally getting to that task. To me that's the best part, and probably one of the more important ones.

I literally struggle on what to do once the five minutes for the writs are done, and I'm queued up for a dungeon. Go do some quests? But it'd be nice to wait until my gear was more settled, so I'll go work on farming that set. But then I need to finish crafting to improve those pieces, if I even get them. Better do some maps for supplies. But my refine skills aren't maxed, better so get some skyshards. Do delve and public dungeons too for points. Huh, might as well get this quest that goes with this dungeon. Go turn this in. Might as well knock out these other shards near by. Wait I got a new scrying lead! That's new, I should play with this. It's like a less lovely WoW archeology. Oh gently caress it's 1am, I gotta get to bed!

The specifics are different, but that was totally playing Skyrim for the first like 40 hours, until you start getting areas knocked out.

Yeah, this is something I caution lots of new folks about. There's a lot to do, so loving much, and pretty much all of it is useful or necessary in some way. It's easy to kind of spin your wheels and feel like you aren't getting anywhere (though in your case you sound like you're having fun with it so right on keep going)

But if the sheer amount of stuff starts weighing on you, I'd say just focus on 2 or 3 things, max them out or complete them or whatever, then move on and do others.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I like the Elseweyrs (north and south) a lot, khajiit are cool. Wrothgar's main quest is fairly fun, its more political rather than world ending macguffin so its a nice change of pace from most other questlines. Murkmire has a lot of cool poo poo, but the zone can be kind of annoying depending on how much you like swamps.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

creatine posted:

Sorry for noob questions but I was reading about crafting and apparently they use the same skill points as combat? In that case I would assume crafting is something that is saved for late game when you're done leveling up skill trees?

You don't have to spend skillpoints to level up crafting (the skills level from doing stuff - you can hit 50 in each without a single point spent) , like for alchemy/provisioning you can spam craft the cheapest stuff you have the most materials for and vendor the results.

The other lines, just deconstruct everything you get, the gold you'd get from vendoring gear is negligible. (Set pieces also get added to your collection book en masse this way)

And then, as you do questlines, hunt skyshards, etc. You'll probably have enough skillpoints on hand to level both your combat skills and crafting mostly simultaneously. If not, prioritize combat skills first.

E: I'm xbox na, otherwise I'd just make you a couple sets of gear so you don't have to be stuck using whatever drops as you go.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 22, 2021

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Hack the minotaur is a pretty good resource, he seems to focus a lot on builds that are functional and easy. Lots of "one bar" builds that are perfect for beginners or people who can't do constant swapping due to pain or disability.

You wouldn't necessarily do vet stuff with a hack build, but you're golden for 90% of the game content, and he seems to put some thought into his builds.

Alcast, is not great. Most of his builds are copy-paste and his dps setups are all endgame focused, but not especially good at endgame. That said he's probably the most comprehensive resource available to new players.

A good rule of thumb is: go ahead and follow alcast's advice up until you've learned enough about the game to know for yourself why his builds aren't good.

Xynode...exists, I guess. I don't really use his build guides so I can't say yay or nay there. He has video guides on vet dungeon mechanics that I've found useful occasionally.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The only difference is via passives.

Like the above for dual wielding, and only applies while dual wielding. And a similar passive for 2handers (called heavy weapons iirc) that likewise only works for 2handers.

If you're using 1h+s, there is no difference between types of 1h, they will all have the same stats. And with outfits its all cosmetic anyway.

So if the set you're grinding for only dropped an axe or mace you're still good.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah the group play/group area warnings are mostly a warning for "this is harder than regular crap." There isn't any actual barrier to you attempting whatever.

Also craglorn was the 'max level endgame' zone waay back when, so most of the stuff there was designed with that in mind.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

StrixNebulosa posted:

ESO sucks at communicating

Yes. 10000% this. It is known, about every angle and aspect of the game. ESO is purestrain dogshit at teaching players how anything works, everything I've learned about it came from other players.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They used to only drop in vet, now they drop in both. The vet versions are "perfected" which is slightly higher quality, yeah.

Normal weapons drop on normal, perfected on vet.

Perfected stuff has 1 extra bonus that normal doesn't have, and those bonuses are largely negligible.

Most of the time, you're fine with normal.

Here's a common example:

Maelstrom staves are the standard backbar of p much every mag dps.

The reason being that MA destro staves give you bonus damage against everything standing in your wall of elements aoe. So the typical use is you drop your wall on your back bar, then swap and do your thing on front bar while wall of elements keeps chugging along procing your backbar enchant and the maelstrom bonus while you use front bar abilities/set bonuses.

This works exactly the same whether you have a normal MA staff or a perfected one. Zero difference between the two.

A perfected staff has the above bonus but also gives you about 1k spell penetration. Which only applies while you're on your backbar, which you typically only swap to just long enough to refresh your wall, dots, and whatever buffs you keep back there before swapping back to front bar.

So that bonus is largely useless.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Trastion posted:

NO I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU MIRRA\BASTION!

Also that blue shirted guy by the daily crafting turn in area in Leyawiin, gently caress him. He is even pushy and will push you over to the side so you click on the bags and steal stuff.

On xbox, some "hero" :ninja: keeps killing him and then you only have to step over his corpse to turn your poo poo in.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Playing fashion scrolls with my house took me from almost 2 mil to having about 150k to my name. I'm excited for 100k day.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

valuum posted:

Had a beer or three, please confirm this was a joke.

Not a joke.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

valuum posted:

That's just loving exploitative. I+n a better world it'd be a free achievement thingy because yeesh that thing is actually hard.

Welcome to hellworld, but at least its just for crowns and not crowns + 00000000.0000001 drop rate in gambleboxes.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Error 404 is saying "at least it's not in a crown crate."

Yeah this, sorry. I tried to phrase it in a funny way.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 4, 2021

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Barreft posted:

I've never opened any crates. Aren't they basically just gacha loot boxes?

Yes, this is exactly what they are.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Doctor Zero posted:

Roll a Bosmer Warden. Max out Speed CP buffs. Use skills like Bird of Prey. It's pretty silly - the running animation can't keep up with your speed and you launch off every staircase like Wyle E Coyote and take damage when you land.

I do this with a bow/bow dps

It's ridiculously fun, sustain is almost infinite, but also if you ever stop moving in combat you will die.

11/10

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Potato Salad posted:

Tiny. Khajiit. Sheogorath. :kimchi:

I liked that quest too.

The turban is sick.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Autumn's gate comes with a fireplace furnishing (Firelogs, Flaming ) that apparently sells for *checks TTC* 300K gold, WTF? So buy that, sell the flaming logs and you've made a profit

furnishings that come with a house are always bound. So you can't sell this, but you can put it in a different house if you like.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
All you folks nervous about dungeons and group stuff I wish played on xbox na. I love talking newbies through builds and teaching dungeon mechanics.

I'm not god tier or anything but ive been playing a few years and have a lot of this garbage-rear end game memorized at this point.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Barreft posted:

I just saw the armory system that's coming on the 1st, that's pretty great, had no idea that was something that was coming

I'm the stupid mofo who's actually excited to drop crowns on enough armory slots to make a loadout for every role plus pvp on my main dude.

I can't wait.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Just use a blank armory slot and addons to reassign all your points and armor, unless you're not on PC.

I'm on xbox lol. No addons for me.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Every race in TES lore has blood on their hands from something but man... gently caress the Altmer.

gently caress Altmer, but honestly I've come to the conclusion that Argonians might actually be (relatively) the nicest people on nirn.

They don't aggressively expand, or enslave anyone. They seem to accept anyone who doesn't show up looking to fight.

So like come chill with the lizard bros, they'll feed you weird fish (Black Marsh tho, will loving kill you.)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Zerot posted:

I play the game on Xbox but most folks in this thread play on PC, so I usually don't participate in the thread much.

Same.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Barreft posted:

I think they also level up your companions guilds skills, i can't remember if that even matters

Companions have their versions of fighter, mage, undaunted skill lines.

Doing those dailies levels those skill lines, just like it does for real players.

They are also the best way to level rapport. Mirri likes fighter dailies, Bastian likes mage. They get +125 rapport if they are active when you turn the quest in, for comparison most of the other rapport changes are like +/-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Even if you get that axe of +5 daedra whoopin on a level 5 character, you can reconstruct any set piece you 'know' using transmute stones (at a transmute station, found in the brass fortress of clockwork city or literally any guild hall)

Transmutes can be easily gained doing daily random dungeons (normal or vet, I just do normals) once per day per character.

You get 50 transmutes from earning tier 1 rewards in your home cyrodiil campaign (just do stuff to earn ~20k ap, takes about an hour)

You can get 1-5 transmutes doing undaunted pledges.

Sets you have collected will range between 75-25 transmutes to reconstruct. The more pieces of the set you have, the cheaper it gets, to a minimum of 25 with the whole set collected.