Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
People were asking about the really good money-makers for tempering alloys so figured I would post it.

South-West Hews Bane is the uncontested best Rubedite farming in-game atm because of the node density.

The above is the basic route, which if nobody else is farming it will give you a chance at 25~ nodes in <5 minutes. And there's only two or three spots with guaranteed combat so you can mostly just speed around with Rapids.

Although I prefer to do shorter loops around the center since it lets you re-adjust and change direction of your farming so you avoid trailing other players who are also farming.

Also I more or less focus purely on Rubedite nodes because they're worth more than Ruby Ash or Ancestor Silk, and if the run is uncontested the next node in the sequence will always be up, but there's a lot of chances for Kuta/Columbine as well if you want to supplement the run.

Bustycops fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Fridurmus posted:

I made an Argonian Nightblade and a Dunmer Sorcerer. How hosed am I, on a scale of 1-10?

Pretty sure my @-name is Fridurmus, wouldn't mind an invite or what the gently caress ever.

Not very, my Stamsorc is Argonian, and while if I start tallying up numbers I can definitely notice the lack compared to my Redguard, it's not really relevant in terms of what either character can accomplish. There isn't any content or builds that immediately become unworkable just because of your race, although a proper min/max'd race will end up with higher resource pools and regeneration.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
We should do mega awesome PvP this weekend, Azura's Star has been lame as hell solo lately, and since 1T I now have an entire bank filled with new ways to kill filthy DC.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Hey Goons,

I live in a god-forsaken desert which means that I am running EU hours. I'm also planning on playing a Stamina character and want to grind out Vigor on reaching level 10. Will faction play a big role in terms of how easy / hard it is to grind out AP until I get that skill, or does the fact that I'm running at 4 A.M. server time mean that every faction will be dead anyways? Anything I should know re: faction choice and PVP besides the helpful "Ebonheart Pact to PVP with goons" in the OP, which I totally read?

The Oceanic presence on the Azura's Star campaign is pretty big.

DC has their late night Asian invasion (around noon GMT time, so whatever that is for you) but even before that there's a decent Aussie presence.

As for the factions themselves, AD is kind of dead late-night, DC has the huge foreign zerg, and EP mostly has all the DC/AD alts wanting to farm the zerg/play as the underdogs. Even on the nights when DC has thoroughly flooded the map, there's still quite a lot of AP to be earned just defending the Home Keeps. Although lately it's been even better on EP because enough DC/AD have gotten fed up with the zerging that EP has actually had the numbers to 50/50 the map.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

tgidieday posted:

Two-hander's main strength is toughness, which is why it's still a good recommendation for people starting out. Once you have a few dozen points in hardy and elemental defender, then sure, dual wield works great. But dual wield's strength is AOE pre-execute. If you're getting better single-target dps on dual wield without maelstrom weapons, you are most certainly doing two-hander incorrectly. (Hint: where is empower in your build?)

The good news is that it's not a choice. You can two-hander/dual wield and get the best of both. Sure, you'd lose poison injection, but steel tornado+reverse slice is a hell of a combo.

The part that always soured me about 2-Hander is it has a hell of a lot of noob traps that punish you if you spam or refresh skills the wrong way and it's hard to do under duress. There's so many fights where maintaining a proper Wrecking Blow > Heavy weave for any length of time is just ridiculously difficult because too much is going on and the first time a red circle forces you to cancel a Wrecking... ĦBon Voyage DPS!

By contrast you can spam Steel Tornado to your hearts content on add phases, and as long as all the DoTs are up it doesn't matter how haphazardly you're weaving in Flurry while dealing with dungeon mechanics; at least mediocre dps will be dealt and the self-heals will be pretty good too.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
GET READY NEXT WEEK AZURA'S STAR RESETS.

edit: Also people reeeeeeeeally hate the Tremorscale + Viper combo

Bustycops fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 19, 2016

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Oh boy ESO is straight up offline (Servers, Website, even their Twitter was inactive until <1 hour ago), apparently because some DDOS shenanigans are going on.

No timetable on a fix either, we might be witnessing a primetime Friday outage.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Can there be one week where this goddamn team doesn't gently caress up a simple maintenance?

I would settle for them not doing maintenance when Trade Guilds are supposed to roll over, this is about to be the 3rd (or 4th) week in a row the maintenance has screwed it up for at least one of my guilds.

And I swear they specifically changed the roll-over to Sunday in the first place because of Tuesday maintenance screwing up Trade Guild rollover, then they randomly started doing maintenance on Monday anyways.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Stop hogging all the good pugs Ara

I had a tank in Blessed Crucible yesterday tell me he didn't need to use food because he was a werewolf, I dont even know why he thought the two things were mutually exclusive, but he sucked fat ones.

He had the opportunity to suck less fat ones but he kept declining my trades to give him food.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Lmao the forums are full of anti-Crown Crate threads.

Someone make an addon that blocks the forced ads from zenimax on login please so I don't have to look at the Crate garbage anytime I log in.

I think No Thank You does this?

I've never seen any of the pop-ups people on the forums are complaining about.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
We pissed him off boys, THE SALT IS REAL. My account got zerged down by reports.

On the plus side, I've probably got multiple free name changes now.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
I'll post my Stam Sorc template when I can get back on and put some screenshots up.

Like Scy said though it's usually us three running in a bigger group, but it's pretty open invitation wise. Plenty of goons pop-in from time-to-time to help out, or if I can get lead to invite the mass of zerglings from zone chat. Either way it usually ends up being a solid crew of 5-8~ on TS forming the backbone of a larger (10+) group.

It's a good time, just give a holler in guild chat if you want in. No matter how new you are to PvP, you'll get opportunities to rack up some kills and AP.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Hakarne posted:

Is Emperor a feat only possible for the spergiest of the sperg grindlords? I read up on the basic mechanics but I'm not sure how it plays out in practice.

Scyantific posted:

By that metric Froido would be the spergiest goon, considering he's gotten emp on two characters.

Basically getting emperorship revolves around intra-faction politics. If your faction likes you, you are far more likely to get pushed for emp, even moreso with a good PvP guild at your back. That's how froid got his, and how I was on track to get it as well until I got lazy and started playing my Negate-dispensing sorc.

I won't dispute it; I committed a 3-day weekend and part of my Holiday break grinding for it on my 2 respective runs.

Basically you devote all your playtime to Cyrodiil, religiously acquire the 1-hour AP buff (for killing a delve boss in cyrodiil), and try to stay online for longer than every other member of the faction to discourage anybody competing with you.

The char name helps as well, because I'm pretty sure me vaguely RPing as Freddie Mercury is the only reason any of the pugs were so zealous in helping my Magblade get Emp.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Guess who's back?

And as big a baby as ever.

I don't think he meant to draw the comparison but I like that he just naturally assumes (even though he has no idea what my gear or build is) that a 2v1 with him still isn't inherently fair unless his solo opponent has additional restrictions.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Hakarne posted:

I'm really digging magblade and appreciate the beginner guide. What should I be gearing for as far as armor enchants? Obviously magicka will be the primary but do I want any health or other enchants for leveling and/or endgame?

And just to confirm you should never dump points into health when you level right? I see lots of other places saying to go for a 3:1 ratio of magicka:health but I'm assuming they're dumb and bad unless the OP is out of date or something.

Basically I need a magblade intermediate/advanced guide. Thanks. :)

It's easier and cheaper to just Glyph for Health, or use healthy jewelry if you find you want a little extra. Generally speaking 17k~ Health is alright if you know what you're doing, and are comfortable keeping up Annulment (light armor Shield) when thinks get tricky.

Otherwise running 18-20k~ Health is a safer alternative.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
I want it to be Craglorn II, and I'm kind of serious; another zone with a bunch of overworld group events on it would be sweet.

Also I hope we get to kill dunmer, like lots of them.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
I kinda wish ZOS would embrace the shenanigans.

Reading about all the Petty Kingdoms was the best part about the books in Skyrim because those books were full of all kinds of craziness like Dark Elfs ruling Wayrest or Black Marsh invading Cyrodiil.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
A day late but figured I would post this:

I don't know how many of them it would have taken to kill me, but I know how many they used.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
1 MILLION AP DOWN THE PISSER.

I did get a Sharpened Spriggan Sword and some Impen Spriggan/Red Mountain so I guess it was worth kind of worth, was really hoping for a better return with those Zone boxes though.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
OH MAN MIAT"S IS BACK!? And apparently more aids than ever, how did we miss this.

Brace yourselves the QQ is going to be ramping up to 11.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
I made all my dudes writ-able and I'm not sure if I'm a genius or an idiot.

On the plus side even my level 20 alts can now do all the Equipment writs and get me Master writs and Gold mats; on the downside I now have 9 characters that need to do Equipment writs and my lowbie Alts barely have any skillpoints left over to actually level.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Nah, found a raiding guild that needs people. Far better than having to manage all of that poo poo myself. I want my trial titles.

Now if only they would give out trial mounts as well.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
There must be an ESO website out there, that exists to troll newbies with bad dungo guides.

Earlier today a group swore to me you had to do Tempest Island by spreading out, and I just got a Banished Cells 1 group where they tanked him on the little tiny platform because "the boss resets if he leaves it".

Never mind that the Tempest boss 1 shots anybody far away from her, and the dude in Banished Cells gets constant heals because his orbs spawn on that platform.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Inspector 34 posted:

I got like 3 boxes and a couple of knick knacks and the game told my my penthouse was full. I have not bothered to look at housing since then.

One of us, one of us.

I've been in a player house twice ever. Once to figure out Homestead was dumb and I was an idiot for buying Mournoth Keep, and twice to dump all my thrones into a big pile so they wouldn't be in my inventory.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
P2Wardens are amazing; you get to throw chickens, run around with neverending Heals, and can even option in the Bear when you want fun but hate having useful ultimates.

Anybody who doesn't like them clearly has no Chill and/or $40.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Farmed over 200k tel var today thanks to unemployment. Got my last 2 Xivkyn polymorphs out of it too.

So I guess there's no chance now of you hooking me up with a huge stack of bootleg marriage certificates?

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
They would work better if the rudimentary stuff (Solo/Group queue, Matchmaking, etc) was added.

The main issue(s) are what Scy pointed out though. Most of the match types aren't designed for three teams and so are grossly imbalanced. The fact you can accidentally end a CTR or Dom match in <2 minutes speaks volumes about the objectives. At the very least those modes should have victory conditions that fit into the 15-minute time limit and account for the fact the 1 team not stuck fighting will have free reign to pve objectives. Deathmatch is a good example, you need 35 killing blows to win and the objective directly promotes players fighting each other, so even with a strong team that takes awhile because all 3 teams are actively participating. If Deathmatch only went to 13 kills it would be in the exact position CTR/Dom are in now.

The more ambitious but least likely scenario is ZOS add some actual progression. 1 Week leaderboards and RNG Mails off a pitiful item pool are pretty weak incentives. There needs to be more if ZOS wants BGs to flourish. Anything from a new pvp currency, vendors, player customizable teams, loving anything to make going into BGs meaningful.

Half the reason matches suck now is a lot of teams are just trolling for kills, because there's literally no reason to play the objectives once you're already on the leaderboard for the week.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

MF_James posted:

I mean you can find good deals at random traders, but I generally don't go out of my way to look for them, did you use TTC or do you really run around and check the random dumpster traders in every zone?

There are some known Trade Guilds that house, let's call them suspicious individuals. Frequently at those Traders you can find dozens of these individuals offloading 6,000 unrefined leather split between Rawhide and Rubedo for, pick a number 40, 60, sometimes 80 percent off the TTC price.

Now it might legitimately just be a couple dozen dudes who all farm leather and price identically because they're true friends of the consumer, or it might be bots offloading cheap leather to make Gold to sell it, either way it's a drat good deal.

Bustycops fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 20, 2017

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Whelp I guess I'll have to delete a thing or two out my pile to make space for some chests if Housing storage becomes a reality.

But for real it's about drat time, for the past year Homestead has been the biggest waste of development time ever. They don't even add anything good like Writ Boards or Undaunted quest-givers, that would actually make houses convenient and useful.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
We need 7 more degenerates who have spare guild slots, I want a Worst Faction t-shirt and that tag under my name.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
That's always been the double edged sword of ESO's immersion, the game will never explain to you why what you're doing is inadequate.

On the one hand cool; no obnoxious pop-ups talking about SP and MP, no handholding talent trees where the skill at the top is obviously the best and strongest, and no arbitrary restrictions on dungeons telling you you need to be item level 293.45 to enter.

On the other hand, you'll never get corrected while leveling, so it's very easy to get stuck into a loop of badness. Where a boss is tough because DPS sucks, but DPS sucks because they don't have enough mainstat, and they don't have enough mainstat because they never realized skills scale directly off Magicka or Stamina. So a group is wearing out their keyboards trying to beat some unfair boss, when the reality is the boss is fine, they just hosed themselves 400 hours ago by making a wild assumption about stats at level 3.

No mistake is unfixable either its very easy to reinvent your character in ESO, but many new players carry that Elder Scrolls mentality of having their perfect build envisioned at level 1, and so not only are they not very good they're also completely stubborn about trying out new skills or weapon combinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Off all the classes Mageblade probably has the easiest path of being able to pull off Tank/Healer/DPS; because many of the morphs like Funnel Health, or Sap Essence are useful to every role.

So for Vet Dungeons at least, it's pretty trivial to homogenize your different builds into one. My Saptank used to do everything no problem, even running DPS jewelry/weapons half the time when the groups DPS or Healer was rear end.

Although truthfully once you get two or more characters leveled it's much less of a headache to just give each dude one job so you can properly minmax and not have to constantly swap gear in/out.