Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

bear is driving! posted:

I guess I just like feeling my character get stronger and not having a static ttk and difficulty level for it's lifecycle.

This is actually a thing with this update that's bothering me more than it really should. The feeling of character progression still being structured how it is doesn't feel right, as you never feel much of an increase in power in the first 50 levels. Add in that the leveling still feels pretty slow and it's just sorta off-putting. It's a shame as the game probably has some of the better questing in an MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Reinstalled this dumb game because expansion hype is A Thing™. Also got a friend to buy it. Did they make Sorc bubble-tanking a thing? Last time I played I think it had been nerfed pretty hard. Still leveling because I level at a glacial pace.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Finally hit 50 yesterday and made it up to 33 Champion points. Any input on the best way to power to 160?

Aramek posted:

People keep coming onto my property, climbing my suicide tower, and killing themselves. :(

Where is your suicide tower? Asking for a friend.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

eonwe posted:

this game has made me really into ES lore, which I haven't really ever cared about in past ES games

Same here, kinda. I'm not entirely engrossed at all but Sheo's story is wonderful and I'm finding several of the characters actually fun and kind of charming. So far I'm digging the Dork Brotherhood story, too.

Game is good.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Time to learn how to PvP. :getin:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
God help me I'm enjoying PvP. They should leave this double AP going longer so I can bank some for gamble bags for alts. Speaking of alts, if I wanted to do something dumb like a melee DoT making GBS threads rear end in a top hat would my best bet be NB? Is that even a thing I could reasonably do? Not entirely concerned whether or not it's good I just like the DoT management minigame.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Whose stats do synergies scale off of? The person who cast the field or the one who activates the synergy?

Nulity posted:

Old screenie, forgot to post it, still makes me lol.

:catstare:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Randomly got booted to the login screen and now I'm getting "already logged in." :psyduck: What's the AFK disconnect time in this game?

e; Apparently server melted again. So, whoever is @ChrisRocket, YOU GOT SOME CRATES TO BUY, FRIEND(4 crate bundle). :getin:

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 5, 2017

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Overemotional Robot posted:

I got a bunch of junk and then got booted. I feel like ESO just rubbed salt in the wound.

Also I wanted a catte, got a doghe

I caved and got enough crowns for 4 crates. I'll regret it after I pull garbage but for now I'll bow to my gambling addiction.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Scyantific posted:

We did the same poo poo again just now before the 4th hamster died. Blitzed Alessia while the Yellow horde pushed BRK. Died to the horde after we took the keep, then pulled off to Roebeck and Nikel.

Inb4 PVDOOR accusations from TM and Legion of Autism.

One day I'll actually learn to PvP in this game so I can have fun doin' shenanigans with people, because this sounds actually pretty fun. I just drop AoE puddles on my sorc which is funny against zergs but seems overall ineffectual. Are there specific sets people should shoot for for PvP purposes?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
"Hey guys let's release a trailer for an expansion based in the region from what is possibly the most beloved title in our franchise."
"Should we upgrade our serv-"
"Shut up Carl you're fired."

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Server is back up. :toot:

Scyantific posted:

For sorcs you need to be running a ton of Magicka to keep your shields up. Which means you'll need some decent sustain as well. I'll get my sorc build posted sometime tonight. If I can log back in.

I figure I'll do it on my StamDK more than my Sorc, honestly. I like the general look of the class more.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
*Load up game* "CROWN SALE NERDS!" ...:getin:

I've missed this game.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Probably gonna start playing this again as a thing to do since I lost my job. Are pets useful yet? Is Warden good and fun?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
If I want to do something probably stupid and play a DK that does almost nothing but poison everything what weapon should I be taking other than bows?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Aramek posted:

StamDK DW/Bow is the way to go.

You get both a poison claw attack and a green fire breath that does poison and weakens their armour, poison enchants on your weapons, and heavy attack like a god damned monster machine.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-build-pve/

Been using this as a loose guide. Things seem to be dieing faster than when I used a 2h, but I'm not big on a lot of it for some reason or another.

FactsAreUseless posted:

2H and bow has a lot of DOTs and AOE stuff that plays well with their poison abilities, that's the build I have on my stamDK.

That's what I used on my last DK, and it worked alright. I'm guessing it starts to feel a lot better after unlocking more champ points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Summerset was on sale so I guess I'm back on this bullshit. Time to steal everything that isn't nailed down while puking poison on anyone trying to stop me.

e; Looks like I got booted during an inactive purge I'm guessing. Can I get an invite to Chill Bros on @bombogenesis?

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 27, 2018