Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
While you're doing invites, could you toss one my way @tooknost? I'm digging the game, but games are always better with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Are warden tanks viable these days? Seems like a lot of reddit chatter says no, but then that's reddit.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Murkmire is free as a login reward this month. Is that normal for DLC?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Free week of ESO Plus starting 11/15. They're timing it with the next in-game event for earning tickets towards the indrik mount. Are numbers down or something? They're being kind of generous lately. Maybe we'll get a killer Black Friday deal on crowns and/or DLC if they keep this up.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Rocketpriest posted:

So way back when this first came out I bought the Imperial Edition and never actually played it on release because the combat in the beta felt all floaty and weird. Has this been addressed in the last four years? If I do play it for a bit should I pick up one or more of the expansions or whatever they are? I notice even though I own the base game the only way to get all the expansion stuff in a bundle also includes the base game with no prorating for people that own it already, which is always a nice little 'gently caress you'.

Combat feels good now, at least to me. There's a lot of content with just the base game, especially if you play all three faction story lines (which you'll want to if you enjoy the game). I'd never recommend someone buy expansions if they haven't gotten a feel for the game yet.

I either buy my expansions on sale or from third parties who stocked up when they were on sale. You shouldn't have to pay more than $10 for Morrowind one way or the other.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
In addition to bag merchants you can also visit the stables once a day and increase your mounts stats in increments of 1, including carrying capacity, for free.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Guide on how to quest/zone in the original order: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It's kind of the perfect balance of just being interesting enough to keep you engaged, but routine enough that you can pay sufficient attention to Netflix while you play.

I've been doing all the dailies on a single toon since it started and I'm at 10 writs, which feels fair.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Probably another 10 tickets to buy berries for the transformation in the next event.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I finally got my 12th writ but wow are the mats related to the crafts inflated right now and I can't be bothered to farm heartwood and pitch. I guess since the skin can be unlocked after the event I'll wait until demand dies down a little next month.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Morrowind going half off tomorrow for the event. Collector's pack on sale too. Might finally buy myself the gray bear.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Silly Newbie posted:

To jump in on soloing chat, any recommendations on class for an almost entirely solo tank?
I want to sword and board and wear plate, craft wood and metal, and I rarely have uninterrupted time to devote

Warden.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Crown packs on sale for the next couple days.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Drunk personality is back for a couple days.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The long missing frost mare is coming back to the crown store for a minute. I recall folks clamoring for it when the frost skin was introduced last winter event. I guess it pairs nicely? Expensive though, but eh.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Scyantific posted:

To be fair, most of the classes are now essentially the same but with different colors.

Which is super important in the endgame. Which is fashion.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Finally got the frost mare. On the other occasions it's returned I've been taking a break from the game. Wish they did more mounts that were exotic yet simple.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Base game is currently free on Epic. If it's like the Steam version once you have it you can launch separately.

If you're like me and the bar swapping and weaving combat doesn't click for you: single bar heavy attack builds work fine, can be competitive with the meta if you have the Oakensoul legendary. I had fizzled out on the game but changing to an Oakensoul build and plugging in an old xbox controller (default mappings on PC are surprisingly good) made it a whole new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Mr Newsman posted:

Anyone got recs on favorite builds for blasting Vateshran Hollows? Want to go reasonably fast to get the sword/shield and only have one Veteran clear under my belt evidently.

Not sure what's the play here anymore. Used sorc for maelstrom before the perfected weapons arrived. Have all classes at 50 except arcanist. DK is really poorly skilled. Oakensoul or pale order are owned.

Guessing magsorc is still the solid way to go for soloing these? Might just blow through on normal to get what I want without having to worry about paying attention.

The immortal warden build is pretty good for solo arenas.

https://www.thegameroom.tv/warden-builds