Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I've had the game installed for ages, but kept getting distracted by other MMOs. I've finally been running around doing random questlines and trying out a few classes, and would like an invite to the main Chill Bros guild if possible just to have some people to talk with while I'm figuring out which way is up, if possible. ID is @ririmu - thanks!

Edit: Thank you!

noveria fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Get your Telvanni hats out folks, we're going back to the motherland.

No Argonians Allowed :smugdog:

I saw the supposed leaked title of the next story being Necrom which also tracks with the way the Greymoor event quest felt very... exposition-y? At minimum I feel like Mel Adrys was chosen to namedrop the area, but hopefully we see him get a nice fleshed-out role and/or sidequest to expand on his event info dump.

I've been playing through Morrowind/Clockwork City/Summerset for the first time (still mid-way through Clockwork) and the Telvanni stuff in Morrowind made even my Dunmer necromancer ready to throw them all into the sun for the sake of the Argonian NPCS there, but honestly ESO overall has made me love Argonians so much more... so I'm glad at least I can get an Argonian companion to run around with finally.

Anyway I know he already had his moment in the current arc I'm playing through & that all the stuff associated w/him showing up in the crown store recently was more to get everything thinking about Morrowind's storyline in general given that we're returning to Dunmer shenanigans, but I'll still hold out hope for more Clavicus Vile and Barbas popping up somewhere in the new storyline or sidequests. Maybe then I can make a deal with him to get a Bosmer DLC next year................

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Thanks for the info. Any content that people think is really good that I should beeline for? I'm doing the pact questline and am up to the second brother of destruction and it's kinda meh.

I think the Pact questline picks up in Shadowfen, which iirc you'll get to after the Dunmer areas. I really enjoyed that zone, it was packed full of fully new-to-me lore and this game, thus far, has done a really great job of making the Argonians super interesting. Also there's a quest in Shadowfen where you can get a polymorph to let you run around as a goofy skeleton forever if you so choose. Probably my favourite zone of the Alliance zones I've completed, but I've still got a few Aldmeri zones left and like... almost all of DC left to do. Post-Shadowfen, Eastmarch and The Rift are fun if you liked Skyrim. Windhelm is weirdly cozy and chill in ESO comparatively. In other words: you're almost out of the boring part of the Pact stuff, and imo it does get better!

Of the DLC I've done, I really liked the Western Skyrim/Markarth storyline. I think the general consensus is it's underwhelming, but I actually liked it a lot - with the caveat that the lore/story portion definitely gets far more interesting once you hit The Reach. But even in the first part, I think the main antagonist is really interesting (once again, he does get more development in the second part) and I'm a big fan of Fennorian. The Reach also has great music IMO as well. I also think Vateshran's Hollow is a fun single player challenge, especially the Minotaur platform fight.

I am currently 1/3 through Summerset, after doing Morrowind and Clockwork City. Thus far I'm really enjoying this storyline, but it definitely is one you'll want to do after completing at least one Alliance storyline - there are significant callbacks & cameos. Also, Clavicus Vile best Daedric Prince, as ever.

High Isle/Galen is fun to a point, has a decent strong start and first half, but IMO there's a lot of missed potential once you move to Galen. The zones themselves are lovely, I enjoyed exploring and progressing through them both. Also, putting Gourmand drops on guild traders was how I started making decent money.

I did run to Blackwood to pick up Mirri but haven't done anything else there. I love her, though. Have her as a support dual wield and she's super helpful. I think companions wise I use her the most, then Ember, then Isobel and Bastian I really haven't leveled much. I hear Bastian hates cheese or something?

I haven't finished any other DLC to comment on it beyond those. Probably doing Murkmire or Necrom next because what even is chronological order?

Mover posted:

Previews dropping for Necrom:

https://eso-hub.com/en/news/eso-arcanist-class-revealed-in-full

All base arcanist skills and passives (no morphs yet)

https://eso-hub.com/en/news/everything-we-know-about-the-mythics-in-eso-necrom

Early deets on 4 new mythics, numbers not set in stone

Death to light attack weaving, alhamdullilah

Also accessibility mythics are good and I'm glad they may be bringing another option to help provide more options for people who may have physical difficulty with the meta for any reason. Oakensoul + compression gloves saved my ability to play when my hands decided to suddenly turn into pain supernovas overnight last fall since for some reason the motion needed for bar swapping & repetitive light attack REALLY hurts, yet pressing down for heavy attacks is fine. I think expanding gameplay styles and trade offs to allow working around the meta is cool and good actually and something a lot of games are going to have to figure out as we enter a period where a more significant portion of gamers are hitting the age where mobility issues start coming home to roost.

noveria fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 13, 2023

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
So, I've got an unusual amount of downtime at work tonight, but not quite enough to get involved in anything too... well, involved, so here you go:

Here's a bare-bones guide with all of the non-scrying unlockable collectibles, so things like costumes, dyes, personalities, skins, titles, etc. Not all of them are solo-friendly (a lot of them require dungeon achievements, though note that some dungeon unlockables only require you to enter the dungeon, not actually do anything beyond that initial step inside), and there are no photos included for the majority of the list, but it's the most complete guide of in-game collectibles that I've found thus far.

My personal suggestion from the above list is the Telvanni Magister personality from the Sadrith Mora questline if you don't have it already, both because the personality is great (it's the one that looks like you're deep in thought) and because the questline is really good. You start it by talking to an Argonian NPC named Eoki.

They're mentioned on the list but if you enjoy solo-farming public dungeons, a lot of the items for their unlockable collectibles can be sold on the guild trader, so dupes/extras can still be of use in that way.

Scrying has several mythics and tons of furnishings to go after. Each zone has multiple furnishings that can only be obtained this way, you can usually buy them on demand from the zone achievement vendor once you've found them 3x, so the vendor is a good way to preview them & see which ones you like.

Related, you can always fall into the rabbit hole of home decorating overall and watch time just delete itself while you're working on finding items/recipes, crafting them, and arranging them...
-One thing to be aware of with furnishing plans from looted containers is that there is a cooldown, a diff cooldown for each rarity tier. I forget the exact length but basically it's a short cooldown for green, think it's around 30 min to an hour for blue, several hours for purple, and probably much longer for gold - idk exactly how long. Note that if you find a purple provisioning recipe or a purple motif, those do not trigger the purple furnishing cooldown and vice versa.

If you haven't leveled Legerdemain you can go on a thieving spree, it's kind of relaxing tbh and can net you rare furnishings/furnishing plans, gold, and motifs. Could do the Thieves Guild and/or Dark Brotherhood questlines alongside it as well for more flavour and some useful functionality. The TG questline gives you a summonable Fence NPC upon completion, and DB's Blade of Woe helps reset NPCs for pickpocketing much quicker than having to wait for their inventory to regenerate, as whenever they respawn they'll be have their pickpocket inventory refreshed. NPCs have max three items in their pickpocket inventory, if they have less it's because someone else didn't take them all and didn't kill them to reset their inventory. From how it was explained to me, Ember's companion skill where you can sometimes pickpocket an envelope of gold instead of an item doesn't count against that limit, it's essentially a freebie. I usually don't have her out while pickpocketing though because of her complaining when you get caught started annoying me, so I can't confirm that firsthand. I usually just do pickpocket - pickpocket - blade of woe, which lets you loot the final item and reset the NPC at the same time.

Some pickpocketing/stealing fun facts:
-The Vvardenfell Great House motifs (Redoran, Hlaalu, Telvanni) can only come from pickpocketing NPCs or stealing from containers, lockboxes or thieves troves. The NPC does not need to be obviously associated with a specific Great House to drop its motifs.
-The ugly skooma bubbler furnishing can drop from any drunken NPC in any zone (and, in my experience, also from the chef in the House Mornard castle on Galen) - the furnishing plan for said bubbler is much rarer and magnitudes more valuable and comes from the same drunken NPCs. I don't know if the Galen chef has it in his loot table as well.
-Nobles in Elden Root, Wayrest and Orsinium can have a gold furnishing plan for their associated race's (Wood Elf, Breton or Orc) throne in their inventory for you to pickpocket.
-Guards are invincible but can be pickpocketed and can drop various "wanted poster" furnishings
-Priests and Pilgrim NPCs in Vvardenfell can be pickpocketed for certain purple furnishings and some blue plans
-Kvatch Priests can be pickpocketed for the purple hourglass furnishing plan
-The Shivering Cheese is a rare gold furnishing that can be pickpocketed or drop from any container marked "steal" and sells for quite a lot of gold, like around 1 million last I checked, so don't sell it to a fence if you get one!

There are achievements for fishing and associated achievement vendor furnishings, if you like fishing. Fishing in Summerset can also net you Pyandonean Bottles which can hold Pyandonean motif pages to use/sell. Fishing in Artaeum can get you "Waterlogged Psijic Satchels" with non-tradable (in order words, not worth farming after you unlock them yourself) recipes for foods that improve your chance at rare fish/drops to speed up the process (there is also a champion point node that reduces how long it takes before you get a bite, which I recommend using alongside the foods). As an aside, you'll probably get some Perfect Roe to use or post on guild traders. Or you can just sell the fish on trader to let someone else be at mercy of the RoeNG.

Lastly, if you like hunting stuff to sell, this person on the ESO subreddit posts monthly "economy" guides with the current most valuable/in-demand items to farm and sell on guild traders. Some are dungeon drops ofc, but there's usually some daily delve, public dungeon and solo daily drops in there every month.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Syrinxx posted:

What's the simplest / easiest way to get a house that can hold more than like 4 things like the free inn room does? I feel like 10k crowns is insane but I would like to have a place to put some of this poo poo

My first bigger house was Grymharth's Woe in Windhelm. 280k gold and it's the classic Skyrim mid-sized house, great hall w/alcove on ground floor, two rooms upstairs. There are several medium homes like that from around 150k-350k in diff styles and locations, check around to seen which one you like. Sleek Creek House is super popular because has a short, guardless path to the town's Thieves Guild, if you do a lot of pickpocket/thieving.

Autumn's Gate is smaller, a one-room cottage with a courtyard, in Riften. It's 60k. Likewise, there are a few other smaller one-room/courtyard combo homes in the same price range.

The list, organized by size: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

E: also, yeah, I am doing stuff out of order but I did High Isle and Galen early-ish and love Caska and Za'ji very much! Looking forward to meeting them again for the first time or something in Elsweyr.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I avoided PTS details about Necrom, so I am pleasantly surprised that Sharp-as-Night has the same VA as Garrus from Mass Effect. Feels very nostalgic hearing that voice again while running around!

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Mover posted:

Post ur arcanists

She is level 3. I'm trying to play through the story first on my Necro since she's most likely to 'recognize' any recurring characters or plot points since she's gone through the most content so far.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Xalidur posted:

Thanks for the tips and ideas. I went ahead and bought the base game, and that Sorcerer build sounds pretty cool, so I may well try that. It looks like I can get some summoned friends while I'm at it, which is fun.

What faction/realm/whatever do the PC goons play on these days?

Our PC guild on NA is Ebonheart Pact affiliated and called Chill Bros Chat Lounge, but since guild memberships are linked to account not character (you can join up to 5 guilds per account and you'll have access to them on all chars), you don't need to have an EP char to join. Frankly, there's only a handful of us active, and it's mostly a place to share items. The guild bank has a pretty steady supply of stuff to help you level crafting, style motifs (for fashion), food/drink recipes, event goodies, companion gear, furnishings, consumables, etc. I think most people have alts in diff alliances anyway so if you wanted someone to PVP with someone else online it probably wouldn't be too hard. I think any of us can invite if you need it, so just post your @accountname in the thread if you want invited.

I think pretty much the only limit is that if you wanted to claim a Keep in Cyrodiil in the name of Chill Bros Chat Lounge you'd have to be doing it on an EP char. I'm not even 100% sure what that does beyond plastering the guild name on all the NPCs there, though...

So I would recommend just going with whichever race/alliance appeals to you the most. The different alliances have their own dedicated storylines and zones, but you can of course go and do other alliance/zone storylines if you want (you'll actually be prompted to do this anyway after you finish primary alliance & main plot storylines). Races have slight passive boosts but tbh it's not the biggest deal unless you like to min/max.

Also, I've thought for awhile that Tales of Tribute (card minigame you can unlock in High Isle) would be really nice to play on mobile somehow (either Steam Deck or trying to stream to my tablet, haven't tried the latter yet and don't have a Steam Deck myself) so if you like card games that's a plus for you too.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
If you haven't finished Legerdemain, FYI: there is a lower-level exit in the Necrom Outlaw's Refuge, right next the downstairs Fence, that leads to a hallway full of urns to steal from but not a single guard or NPC to catch you. The urns reset every time you enter/exit the refuge, so you can very quickly hit your daily caps for laundering and selling stolen items.

Even if you have it maxed, I actually like it slightly more than the other urn farming areas for a few rounds of furnishing farming since you end up with some stuff to fence for gold instead of just piles of white gear with 0 gold resell value in the crypts.

It took me a few visits to the refuge to notice this, so though I'd share for anyone else who managed to overlook this little area as well.

Also, Azandar's companion perk is that every looted container has a chance to drop a 'research portfolio' which can contain crafting recipes, surveys, and treasure maps. I just finished his recruitment yesterday so haven't had a chance to really test it out much - so dunno what kind of odds or rarity pool you're working with, but I was leveling Sharp-as-Night because Lizard Garrus, so didn't grab Azandar yet until someone in my guild pointed this out.

noveria fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 16, 2023

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Offkorn posted:

Hmm. Then it seems I just have awful luck with them.

Over 70 chests now in the desert and still nothing. Those two and the Ebony-forged Dwarven Limbs are the last Daggerfall Alliance/Main Quest leads I need.

I don't know if it happens with those specific leads, but I will say double-check that you didn't get the lead (look in the lead tab) without it being visible as a loot drop. That's a known issue with certain 'lootable' leads (ie, for me it happened with the Stone Shank Frame lead for Oakensoul that drops from ore nodes in Glenumbra) where it doesn't actually appear in the loot or pop up to announce that you got it, but... you did. So just in case that's a possibility, I'd glance over the available leads every so often.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Offkorn posted:

Went and traveled to Cyrodil the other day and... what the gently caress even is that hell? It's massive and the daily quests send you off into the heart of enemy territory, a 10 minute or so ride away, with no way to get back (besides suicide by wild beast/cliff). The +30% mount speed doesn't help at all.

How is anyone even supposed to complete the 'capture 3 keeps' or 'capture an elder scroll' one when one alliance controls 90% of the territory?

Yeah, it's absurdly huge for a zone. The under level 50 campaigns are so painful without levelled mounts and speed boosting passives, even just going through the tutorial to get the points for the 30% speed boost...

Anyhow, for the second question - easiest is to just join when you see your alliance has higher population than the others. Usually that means there's some big zerg group you can join that's taking keeps and scrolls one after another. Also, repairing the doors and walls after you defend or take a keep is an easy extra source of alliance points that a lot of people forget and helps you move along w/earning the reward caches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I've been spending a lot of time in Wrothgar during the event, so have been tossing spare Briarheart pieces in the guild bank in case anyone needs them as it's a decent set for a lot of builds.

If anyone is looking for a specific gear piece from any of the event zone sets (Sithis, Briarheart, Pariah, Trinimac, Flanking, Minotaur, and uhh the Hew's Bane sets that I can't remember off the top of my head), say so and post your in-game @ and I'll send it your way if it drops rather than decon or sell.

ewe2 posted:

IDK if this is a bug or something but none of my characters can buy repair kits from merchants any more. I thought it might have been some kind of level-related thing with my main but today I checked with several other alts and its like repair kits don't exist unless I get them as rewards. Something with the last update might have gone wrong with my save?

I can find repair kits on the NPCs specifically tagged [Merchant] and am able to purchase with no issue. For example, the wandering merchants on overland, or in Outlaw Refuges. No other NPCs will have them, though. Can't remember if it's always been like that or if they used to be more widely available since I took like 6 months off and only recently came back...

If even those merchants don't have them for you, I don't know. Not sure if a buggy add-on could break something like that, maybe?