Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017
UESP has the details on what is in each pack but you don't get the preorder bonuses unless you buy the much more expensive crown star version. There is probably something in there you would enjoy so I would recommend spending the extra $6 if you are interested in cosmetics.
You also have the option of just subscribing to eso plus which gives you access to everything but high isle, and high isle will get added to ESO plus when necrom comes out. This includes all the zone/dungeon dlcs that aren't included in the collection and the craft bag which is a requirement for reasonable inventory management.
There is a massive amount of content to get through so I wouldn't worry about getting necrom right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Simone Poodoin posted:

Are gold master writs ever worth it? They seem way too expensive to make to be worth it.

Woodworking/blacksmithing generally are, I think clothing ones used to be but the price of dreugh wax has skyrocketed. Jewelry ones can give you 600+ writ vouchers at once at 4k a voucher so some people do them.

If you get the writworthy addon it will add an estimated gold/voucher to the tooltip using ttc/master merchant data if you have those add-ons installed, I generally do anything 1500/writ or lower.

You can also use the /writworthy command to queue up all the master writs in your inventory for it to craft so you can turn them all in at once.

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

An enemy taunted by two or more people more than 3 times in 15 seconds (?) becomes immune for a little while just to prevent us from abusing the system by playing monkey in the middle.

If you are taunting an enemy and notice that it's attacking other people,
2) someone or their pet has a taunt in their rotation and needs to fix that

Taunt immunity was recently changed to 5 taunts from 3.

Another recent change is that silver leash and other single target skills that pull an enemy to you were upgraded to real taunts vs untaunted targets.

Arcanists are by far the most likely culprit for 2) since the first skill in their "tank" tree runic jolt is a taunt. People either have it on their bar to level the skill tree and can't not press every button(I am guilty of doing this way too often with revealing flare) or just don't read the description.

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Pontificating rear end posted:

The dungeon finder is always chill for me because I never expect anyone to know the jank-rear end mechanics. These bosses rely on the thinnest gimmicks built around unclear stage transitions, and a clunky interaction system. Sometimes you will get a text warning, but most times you will get nuked and remember to do something differently next time. Dont get me wrong, I like it a lot, but the inconsistency in boss design means there's no language the player learns to inherently understand the mechanics

Lots of people tune out what bosses are saying since they talk a ton but that's because they are calling out all of their important moves and transitions.

On PC you can use add-ons to call everything out for you and it's expected of you in harder content but I feel like almost everything is telegraphed pretty well. The exception is the half second heavy attacks some mobs/bosses do that stick nasty debuffs on you, I have no clue how you are supposed to dodge them without predicting when they will happen(and even then you can still get hit during your roll because of latency).

You're right about the inconsistency though, even if you know the boss is doing something you still need to learn what it is. Red lines = interrupt asap is the only thing that game hammers into you even though some interruptible attacks aren't that dangerous or have the interrupt delayed.

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Pontificating rear end posted:

I have a lot of mods, but as far as I found they have this for trials but not the dungeon finder, ie vet dungeons

CrutchAlerts, CodesCombatAlerts, and OdySupportIcons cover pretty much everything outside of trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Baron Porkface posted:

Did they patch companions to require less approval to start their quest? i logged on in over a year and they have it available.

Yup.
Each tier needs less reputation and companions now get an xp bonus based on them that increases the more they like you.