Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lima posted:

Eso just came out on Stadia, so expect a lot of newbies in the starter dungeons.

You will see a zero difference in population. The platform is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bonapartisan posted:

You've got an invite to Chill Bros, the main guild and Deconstruct Circle Jerk, our crafting guild.

Godspeed during these End Times.

There are so many end times happening concurrently I don’t have the faintest clue which one you are referring.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That sounds so fun.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

FileNotFound posted:

...why though?

The only two things worth getting are the banker and merchant.

Or buy crowns for giftable things with gold - or buy eso+ and you get some every renewal..

The crownstore in ESO is trash.

Uh, because they want to?

To actually answer the question usually you can count on sales for Quakecon like now and I think Black Friday. They usually go on sale one other time during the year but it’s usually random during the first quarter of the year.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

FileNotFound posted:

You're allowed to spend it however you want, and I'm allowed to tell you that it's idiotic to do it on crowns.

Yes but only if you’re a complete dick. Just because you can give your opinion doesn’t mean you should.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

FileNotFound posted:

The only sad thing about all the crafting is how few people stuck around - most people I crafted gear for never made it to 50....game isn't everyone's cup of tea unfortunately. Not saying I mind or expect people to stick around - just something I noticed.

Why do you think that is? I see the same thing and mildly surprised by it. Most people I talk to go in expecting Skyrim but with other people around and they basically get that. They never make it to the part of the game where the major faults everyone has with it lie.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Asheron's Call is one of the best MMOs ever made.

This will have nothing to do with ESO's future. It will still be the same game in the future under MS as it is now without MS. How you view that positively or negatively is entirely up to you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ineptitude posted:

Any chance Greymoor might go on sale during Black Friday events?

I’d say the chance is anywhere from 0% to 100%.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Saul Kain posted:

I honestly kinda want to play it as a solo experience. So pet sorc sounds like my jam.

As long as you just want to experience the game and not minmax end game stuff you can pretty much play any class with any build. Of course some are easier but not enough to take you from your preferred style of play.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Who Dat posted:

Maybe I'm stupid and am missing something really obvious, but is there a Goon guild on xbox? The Discord seems very quiet.

There is no goon guild on Xbox.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Barreft posted:

I have an ESO Steam account. I'd like to sync the account to Xbox so I can play on Gamepass on my phone. Can it be done?

I guess I can try Steamlink.

They are separate accounts. You cannot play your PC account through Gamepass since the PC version is not on Ultimate.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Error 404 posted:

I like the Elseweyrs (north and south) a lot, khajiit are cool. Wrothgar's main quest is fairly fun, its more political rather than world ending macguffin so its a nice change of pace from most other questlines. Murkmire has a lot of cool poo poo, but the zone can be kind of annoying depending on how much you like swamps.

I love Wrothgar. The story is so engrossing and you’re not the One To Save Them All.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

longtimelurker posted:

I got a bunch of crowns with my new subscription and have already bought the merchant and banker before. If I bought a furnished mansion, does it come with crafting stations. I didn't see much else in the store that I really wanted (maybe I will buy a crafting template eventually though). Buying a mansion with free money seems like a good deal though if it is more than just a big room with no use.

You can preview it fully furnished to see if it comes with crafting stations. While I haven’t previewed every single house the ones I have seen never had crafting stations. Or at least I never noticed them.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doctor Zero posted:

I doubt they ever would since you have to do writs to get them. Although I think they sell them on the Crown Store sometimes? (I've never seen one, though)

I agree. And I think they had some themed ones on the store once.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If you even remotely liked any of the Elder Scrolls games you’ll get way more value out of ESO then whatever else you can buy for the 6 bucks it is on Steam.

Also it used to be on PS+ and the XBox console and PC game passes so if you happen have any of those you can try that way too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

xZAOx posted:

Do you have a link for that? I was curious to find out their original stance on it, but couldn't find anything. Just people talking on their forums, without Zenimax ever chiming in.

The closest I got was this thread, where they say ZOS said "official response is that this is NOT an exploit, devs are aware of it and are working on how best to address it", according to them. I couldn't find where the person got that "official response".

Not a big deal either way, just curious more than anything. If that person's summation was correct at the time, it sounds like ZOS was treating it as a bug to be resolved (although it's straight up a promoted feature these days, I don't think anyone is arguing that), but they were clarifying it wasn't an exploit or anything, so people were fine to use it.

They’ve been playing since January 2016, please don’t question them.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PC, PS, and Xbox are all separate. No way to cross play.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ewe2 posted:

I'm having a weird issue with the New Life Festival event, I seem to be being blocked from it. The impressario is nowhere to be seen (her assistant claims she's "out") so I can't use the portal and I can't find Breda in Eastmarch and the quest isn't available from the Crown store. I tried with different characters and the result is the same, what the hell. I've done the event before, though.

It doesn’t begin until tomorrow, I believe.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

lol they had a countdown for the countdown to start for their 2024 reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The last steam survey has .57% of users on Win7. It’s the same amount of people waiting for a check from a Nigerian prince.