Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Patch Notes - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294849/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-4-update-12-one-tamriel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

CaptainCaveman posted:

I don't know if you should buy it, but I can tell you about how my day today went playing it (I only bought it 2 or 3 days ago and haven't played much yet).

I get a quest to talk to somebody to get certified in some of the crafting skills. After talking to her, I apparently wasn't paying enough attention to the dialogue choices because then I ended up having to go talk to some guy for getting certified on different crafting skills, and the lady wouldn't let me get certified on her set of crafting skills anymore.

So I went to talk to the guy and he told me if I could cook some pork for him, he'd certify me in Cooking and I could then pick up daily Writ of Crafting cooking quests. OK, sounds good. I happen to have some white meat in my inventory (not sure if I already had it or he gave me it as part of the quest). I go cook it, hand it in to him, he's amazed at what a good cook I am and now I'm certified.

I go get the daily quest, I need to brew some beer and cook some chicken. I go back to the cooking station, talk to the merchant, he sells me the beer recipe. I already have the ingredients for it and I already have the cooked chicken recipe. I make the beer. I try to make the chicken. Making it requires poultry, which I don't have.

I talk to the merchant. He sells cooked chicken but not poultry. I buy some cooked chicken hoping maybe the quest just checks for that in your inventory, but no. I go check with all the merchants I can find. Nobody sells poultry. I haven't seen any chickens on my questing in this area. Finally in town I see a thing called a "Bantam Guar" which doesn't look like a chicken, but sort of looks to me like a lizard that looks like a chicken, if that makes sense. I figure this probably follows fantasy logic and will drop poultry.

But it's green, so non-hostile, and I'm in a peaceful town. So I crouch down to hide and kill it. And then when I search it, I find poultry! Score! And as soon as I take it I get a wanted level and a guard starts chasing me. I guess either I was spotted killing it, or maybe spotted looting it? Either way, I don't want to get caught by the guard because if you pay off your bounty, they take all your stolen items and I don't want him to take my hard won poultry.

I run to the cooking station. Along the way a guard stops me. I get an option to pay my fine and hand over all stolen goods, or to flee. I choose to flee, and now I get a message showing me that my wanted level has gone up and the guards will now kill me on sight. Because I killed a not-chicken. Much like in Skyrim, the people of Elder Scrolls Online take these crimes seriously.

I get to the cooking station, cook the chicken, run out of town. I'm now being pursued by 4 or 5 guards but I manage to outrun them and get to the Outlaw Base where I find a fence who will let me pay off my bounty. Now I'm a fine upstanding citizen again AND I have the quest items!

I go turn them in, which involves putting the cooked items in a box at the docks. There's a note in the box which tells me "All across Skyrim and the Ashlands, our trade partners will sing the praises of your skilled hand at the cookpot." So now I guess I'm the best chef in all the land.

Can we just put this in the OP under "so, you aren't sure if you want to play ESO"

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

MF_James posted:

I take everything and just sell once I'm full until I hit my limit.

Also, I can probably get people into a decent trade guild, we've had a vendor in grahtwood for a long time, probably 6+ months and I think there are slots opening every week due to inactives getting kicked. Anything worth selling gets sold within a day or two. They run 2 weekly raffles one that costs 25k per ticket (I think it's 25k) to get into and one that is 2k per ticket, multiple prizes for the 2k. If you don't want to do raffles the weekly donation is like 500 or 1k I forget which. They also do prizes for best seller like giving back guild tax etc.

Also, they're not nazis about selling stuff, as long as you donate or buy a ticket to the 2k raffle every week they won't kick you.

Would like this. The only one I have been able to get in to so far is a tiny Daggerfall one, which is sloooow going. (@plasticbee/Joie)

I do wish the trade system was better. I get the reason for the restrictive system but its not (IMHO) working well and just frustrates people.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Maybe as I get into Morrowind, can't afford it right now since I don't play much... But for anyone else that is reading and can afford it, I couldn't possibly recommend Spicy Economics enough. Those guys know how to make you money. Being in that guild is like having inside tips on Wall Street.

I don't even know how I'd make 20k a week... lord.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Morglon posted:

Seriously? You need more stealing alts. I estimate I make something like half a million a week and that's from just maxing out one character which takes like 30 minutes a day and picking up whatever I can find but not sweating it when I play another. Making money is fairly easy if not always convenient.

I think I just dick around too much, I've never really put too much thought in trying to make scads of money.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Azhais posted:

Could I get an invite to Chill Bros? @azhais in game

Yes.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
I sent out invites up to this point.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Ravos posted:

Been playing for a few months, really like it so far. I've almost entirely stuck to solo questing, but am getting more interested in social/grouping stuff. Level 43 Warden. Can I get an invite @mrgood1000? Thanks so much!

invites caught up to this point.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Everyone up to this point should be invited.

If you aren't, its because I couldn't find your UID -- this is your @name that you log in with.

Please post that and/or your character name and someone will get you in ASAP.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Everyone who has requested a Goon Guild invite has been invited to this point.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Everyone who I could invite has been invited to this point.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Count Freebasie posted:

I gave the wrong gamertag above. Senility, I guess.

@trainwreck708

Thanks!

Account Not Found.

Are you sure its not RexMantlepiece? That UID has a pending invite that is unaccepted. It can also take character names.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Burnt Poffin posted:

Here's a few random pointers on starting out:

Equip a weapon and kill anything (even 1-hp animals) to unlock the skill set for it, and if kill you something worth xp, you'll be able to get the first skill for that weapon set. You'll always earn kill-xp from whatever weapon you use, but you won't get quest or discovery xp for that weapon if there's no skill for it in the tray.

Equip three pieces of each type of armor (Light, Medium, Heavy) to unlock that armor type's set. Wear at least five pieces of whichever type you want since the passives are based on how many you have on, with the higher-level passives requiring at least five pieces. Guides recommend that the other two armor slots would be for one each of the other two armor types, so, for example, five Heavy, one Medium, one Light. Chest armor has the most armor and Waist armor has the least for the same level.

When you hit a big town for the first time, visit each of the seven crafting tables to unlock those skill sets. Hit up the Fighters' Guild and Mages' Guild and join them ("Wanna join?" Sure "You're in!"). The Banks are account-shared, so that's how you can transfer stuff across characters. The Crafting Bag is account based, so no need to move stuff around.

Since crafting can use up a lot of skill points, make sure you find as many Skyshards as you can. The Main Quest (which starts when the Hooded Figure sends to to see the Benefactor) will award a skill point for each mission, and Story missions in all zones will offer skill points, from 3 to 8 depending on the zone.

I always recommend learning the at least up to the psjic loot portal skill from Summerset if you have that and don't mind going slightly out of order on a handful of quests to get the awesome LOOT PORTAL option.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I bought in and started a character, though I haven't had much time to play. I'm a Nord Dragonknight named Belinda Brickhouse.

So far I'm pretty impressed. The tutorial was fun and felt very adventurous. In a lot of ways it feels like a typical MMO with extra steps, but I dunno, the area design and the overall presentation makes things immersive and feels fun. I imagine at some point I'll get bored but for now I'm digging it.

After the tutorial I pretty much just ported right to the starting zone to work on the original story quest, which I have done none of because I am apparently spending an eternity in town doing odd jobs and meeting the various guilds.

If anyone is handing out guild invites, my username is @calcDegree .

Invited to both the main guild and the decon/crafting guild.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

NuckmasterJ posted:

Returning ESO player here! @joeyjoejoe01

So I have not played since before all these DLC's so I'm fairly lost again, just doing story missions on a new warden. It turns out coming back to the game after being gone for a few years makes you forget everything about your builds. That and I'm still in Daggerfall Goons lol

Is there an updated list of addons that goon suggest? I tried to grab a bunch but everything is out of date and I'm getting spammed with UI errors.

Even if you get them it doesn't mean they won't work. Obviously make sure you have USE OUT OF DATE ADDONS checked under the ADD-ONS dropdown, and make sure you have all the LIB files for addons. The addons missing LIB files will show red, and clicking will tell you which ones you are missing.

Everyone has a bunch of addons they prefer. I'd recommend MEDIC, SKYSHARDS, MASTER MERCHANT, at a minimum. If you like collecting things, and want to maybe craft -- LOREBOOKS, HARVEST MAPS and DESTINATIONS. If you hate searching for treasure on your own, LOST TREASURE.

I use Foundry Tactical Combat (FTC) for my combat mod, but some people use other things.

I have quite a lot of addons, though so... also if you aren't already use Minion to download and track them.

You've got invites to both the main guild and the crafting/decon guild.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites are caught up to this point.

Jester Event starts Thursday.

"The Jester’s Festival begins Thursday, March 26 at 10:00AM EDT, and revels in the ridiculous until April 2 at 10:00AM EDT. During this frivolous fête, you can earn special event-specific rewards by completing Jester’s Festival quests.

To get started, find the Jester’s Festival pavilions located outside the cities of Ebonheart, Vulkhel Guard, and Daggerfall. If you’re having trouble, pick up the Jester’s Festival starter quest free from the in-game Crown Store for directions."

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Essential posted:

I just started this last week, knew next to nothing about it and have been having a blast. I'm not working off any guides or anything and while I'm sure it's not an ideal way to level a character at least I'm not burning out.

I'm starting to get ocd with items though, I have no idea what to keep/sell. I did manage to find out that some crafting motif's can be worth a lot, but is there anything else to be on the lookout for? For example, on another forum someone posted a pic of some staff they got for sorcerer and I guess it was really amazing. It looked completely average to me and had I found it I'm sure I would've sold it. Also, the stat's on high level items I see people post look barely higher than the stuff I'm finding? Also, urn's seem to be worth always checking, but what about barrels, baskets, crates etc.

Not sure what I'm missing with items but this has been a real pleasure to play. I didn't think I'd like the actiony combat but it is really, really fun.

I like to check everything. You can find some great stuff in crates/urns/pots/barrels etc. YMMV on how much you think its worth it, but I like to collect and hoard mats.

Did you need a guild invite? I can't recall if you've asked for one.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Doctor Zero posted:

I can’t quite figure out what a runebox is. Is it like a crate? Is it an item? Googling just gives me people whining about them not actually explaining them.

So you like collect pieces of something and when you have all the pieces poof, a runebox. Which you can then open to get the item.

So, for example if you collect 7 fragements of a kitten, you get a kitten pet if you open the runebox.

This might help? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Fragments

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Everyone should be invited to both main and decon guild at this point.

Except for the EU guy who I can't help.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites up to this point are caught up.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites are caught up to this point, for both the main guild and the decon guild.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites caught up to this point. You've been invited to both the main guild, and the decon guild for crafting goodness.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites are caught up to this point, for both the main guild and crafting/decon guild.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites caught up to this point, everyone who has posted has been invited to the main guild and the crafting guild.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Updated invites to both Chill Bros and Deconstruct Circle Jerk (crafting guild) to this point.

I can't update your status, so please be patient and we'll get that taken care of ASAP.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites updated to this point.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Updated invites to this point to both
Chill Bros and Deconstruct Circle Jerk
Up to this point

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
You both now have been invited/joined both to the main guild (Chill Bros) and to the Crafting Guild (Deconstruct Circle Jerks).

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Invites should be caught up to this point.

@Natsuumi, I've also invited you to the crafting guild, Deconstruct Circle Jerk.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

VibrioCholera posted:

Can I get an add?

@Ry-Pay

Thanks.

You've been invited to both Chill Bros (main) and the Deconstruct Circle Jerk (Crafting Guild)

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Eimi posted:

Hey, I just picked up this game to check it out, and I was wondering should I ask here for an invite or on the discord? As well if I wanted to cast spells I'd have to use a staff right? Like I couldn't use a sword but staff skills?

Either. Someone will get to it ASAP, just post your UserID (name you log on with) or character name.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Lima posted:

I just invited you. Check your notifications (hit N) when you log in next.

You've also got an invite to Deconstruct Circle Jerk, the crafting guild for Chill Bros

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

pokchu posted:

Thought I'd give the game a whirl?

I'm pokchu for a guild invite.

Is that your UID (login id) or character name?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

You've got pending invites to Chill Bros (main guild) and Deconstruct Circle Jerk (the crafting guild)

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Turtle Watch posted:

Molag Bal is a bad dude. I would like to fight him while chatting to goons in the NA server. Please invite @RustySasquatch here at the end of all things.

You've got an invite to Chill Bros, the main guild and Deconstruct Circle Jerk, our crafting guild.

Godspeed during these End Times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

mrmcd posted:

The Stadia version of the game has a bug where if you join a large group like in PvP or Trials, it kicks you out of the game with a "318 error", vaguely accuses you of being a lovely person, and then you're locked out of your account for like 30 mins.

More quality engineering from Zenimax. :geno:

Sounds like this is working as intended.