Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Some housing info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PCFl5-DvSY

Stolen from reddit:

3 House sizes (small, medium, large) themed after each of the 10 races - 30 houses + DLC areas
Free apartment through quest with housing launch
Upgrade to bigger houses with in-game gold
Houses account-wide for all characters
New furniture crafting system for crafters to furnish their house and SELL the furniture they can make
Invite players/guilds into your house
Decorate your house with hundreds of housing items "any way you want"
Own multiple homes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Kakarot posted:

But is it per character with only 1 character able to do 1 at a time?

Each character can train one of speed/stamina/capacity once a day.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Expansion announcement and Homestead have got me interested in the game again, took a break shortly before Shadows of the Hist came out. Any major class changes re-balancing happen since then? Any good armor sets I could work on farming solo? I have Stamplar, DK (either mag or stam depending on respec) and Magblade on EP, any of them better suited for pvp if I were to start trying that out with the guild? (have stamblade and magplar on other factions for pve stuff) Or I could finish leveling my mag sorc or stam sorc if they are in a good spot.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

eonwe posted:

I started researching traits a couple night ago

there are a lot of those things, im never going to get lucky enough to have the traits researched I want, lmao

Just ask in guild chat, I am sure one of us can craft you an item with the traits you are looking for.

edit: By that I mean, any item with that trait can be researched so if you need say the Training trait for light boots, just ask in chat and one of us can make you a set of whatever level light boots with that trait and send it to you so you can research it.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

MF_James posted:

I'd rather a ranged weapon that isn't a staff/bow. I do agree that a new weapon shouldn't really be the priority at the moment though. After Morrowind though I'd like that to be something they start looking into.

I just want a magicka based melee weapon set

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Revol posted:

Do you need to be a subscriber and get the crafting bag to be a viable crafter?

No, you can do it with the default bag and bank, it's a major pain in the rear end but it is doable. That is how it was at launch and people managed to keep up with crafting, I would recommend at least creating alts that you can use as storage mules for mats you aren't currently using.

So you don't need to be a subscriber to craft but it is such a huge quality of life upgrade that it is almost enough on its own to justify the sub fee.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Update 17 QOL improvements look good, been waiting for Transmog to start getting into the game again. Now I just wish they would offer more weapon options, specifically some magic based melee weapons. Having every magic based class basically using the same destruction staff skills gets old. Would like to see Stamina weapons get some more variety as well, seems like every build uses the same 3-4 weapon skills leaving only a little variety in class skills that is more flavor than functional difference.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Only one customizable outfit without crowns is pretty weak, it seems you have to buy additional slots for other characters.

Assuming its one per character

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Snowy posted:

My coworkers had to get me a birthday present and shockingly one of them though I might want crown crates, and it would have been something like $80-100 of crates but they couldn’t figure out a good way to make it a gift.

I got an awesome rare vinyl record instead so it’s fine but I still think “good lord that would have been a poo poo-ton of crates crown poison” 😭

fixed that for you

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

How many 'literally a slap in the face' posts have their been?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

DankRhymer posted:

So I'm about to make my first character after buying the base game. I was thinking of a dark elf nightblade. I'm kind of confused about this whole magicka vs. stamina damage and how that comes into gameplay stand point. Does it really matter all that much or is it hard to really hamstring yourself as far as solo efficacy? (I probably won't get deep into end game, just solo and some dungeons.)

Stamina gives you more weapon options, two handed, dual wield, bows and sword and shield. But class skills are mainly magic based so you have fewer options there. You’ll also generally wear medium armor.

Magicka builds have more class skill options but you are stuck using staffs, or if you are feeling really dangerous, staffs (my kingdom for conjured melee weapons). And magicka builds generally wear light armor.

You can get by with either one just know that you are going to have to commit to one or the other as hybrid builds aren’t as effective. It’s more a play style thing, if you like being in melee and stabbing things in the face stamina is the better option, if you like shooting lightning or fireballs at a distance then magicka is what you want to be.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Expansion looks cool, except still no melee magicka weapons, maybe next year.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

GreenManGaming has all versions 12% off, possibly 16% if you get an email voucher code from them. Just got CE Upgrade for $41.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

John Murdoch posted:

Either there's a massive hole in my memory or that didn't happen for me. I remember having to look up what the deal was with those zones.

Yeah they changed it shortly after release, people were complaining initially that the starter islands were too small and it didn't feel like a big open world Elder Scrolls game. So they dropped you on the main continent with a breadcrumb quest to take you to the starter island. It was kind of a crappy solution before One Tamriel now that you can go anywhere at any level it makes more sense.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Related - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.c...and-final-score

Have no idea how accurate the results and conclusions are though.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

RudeCat posted:

When the trial ends does your crafting bag get emptied or do you just lose the ability to add to it?

The latter, can still take stuff out just can't put more in.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

What does end game gear look like? Is there cool poo poo for me to chase? I like glowy swords and badass shields.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/ lots of unique looks to work towards. There is a reason the thread title references fashion. Though glowy swords I am not sure about, I have seen a couple around but not sure how common or easy they are to get.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Necromancer skills and morphs: https://www.learneso.net/all-necromancer-abilities-passives-and-morphs/

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

ukrainius maximus posted:

I think my problem is I read guides about the numerical best builds and I need to just mostly ignore that and play what I find fun. Magic is still a huge letdown for me in this game, I just don't find the staff stuff very cool.

I rolled up a Nord templar with the thought of going with 2 hander so if you say it's fun I'm going to just go with it and enjoy the game.

Most of the guides are targeted at max dungeon/raid dps. I usually just look at them as guides then swap out skills for skills I find more fun to actually play since most of the guides use the same handful of skills and to me that gets boring. I leveled my Stam Warden as 2 Hander and Bow and had a blast. As long as you aren't trying to do cutting edge content just play what you enjoy, if you get into high end endgame activities then you might need to min/max your build more but just world stuff you are fine with just about whatever.

I agree on magic classes too, I tend to like a lot of the magic skills but using staffs gets old pretty quick, why I am hoping they eventually add some melee magicka weapons eventually.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Aramek posted:

Basically, look at the power, when you press it, does it cost green or blue?

That's what it scales with, and why real hybrids builds don't work!

I'm the one, that one that misses stat caps back at launch when Hybrid builds were viable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Another expansion another missed opportunity to add some magic melee skill line. Didn't see much of a hook for this expansion, guess they realize the big money is the people that are into it for the lore these days.