Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Just picking this up for the first time to give it a go - all the build info seems to be post level cap, is there a guide for 1-50, does it matter at all what I focus on/put points into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Is there a way to upgrade bag space apart from the stable upgrade?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
So I just jumped in without reading pretty much anything, have been going stam on a night blade, should I respec now for magic night blade or is there a good stam night blade build I can follow?

Only lvl 14 so not far in yet.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
What's a good way to make some serious cash early on? I'm only lvl 20 but I'd like to respec and buy some more bag upgrades.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

atomicgeek posted:

Steal absolutely everything you can get away with. Get at least one of the Legerdemain skills that raise the number of things you can fence. Leave no fancy house unlooted.

Is there a particular location/city/houses that yield better stuffs? Or its it just steal everything everywhere?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
The quality of loot from houses seems all over the place. The first house I went into by no means was anything special (it wasn't a shack either). But I went in, murdered everyone and stole everything without being seen and made like 2k. Then I went into a mansion and did the same thing and barely made out with a few hundred gold.

The "justice" bar is also a little weird. Red = attack on sight which decays slowly, and the white is just general suspicion? It's a little annoying how the white bar essentially means you are equally as screwed as if it were red. Either way they are going to kill you or you pay and lose everything. Same consequence for either ultimately. Am I missing something non-obvious here?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Aramek posted:

Play a mag NB. Spam invisible. Perfect assassination sacraments every time. This goes for stealing as well.

Yeah I'm about to switch to mag NB, I had started stam because I don't know why. Just trying to get a set of non stam regen armor before I respec (also why I'm trying to make extra cash).

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Someone mentioned you can find game cards w/crowns for like $20 online. I can't seem to find anything like that, is it not a thing anymore or am I just search retarded?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Can I get a guild invite on @Dinurth when you get a chance?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Baron Porkface posted:

How do i git gud at interpreting stats?

This is pretty much how I feel. Although as someone who just started and is playing really casual I'm not sure it matters. I just wish I knew wtf anyone was talking about in most of this thread.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

Thanks. I really dont want to pay a sub fee unless the game really blows my mind, so if I like it I might end up paying the $30 and saying gently caress crafting.

I did the same thing and subbed within the first week. The crafting bag is worth it alone. Grab a 60 day game card from g2a.com for $25 and the explorers pack (access to all class/race combinations) for under $1. g2a is super sketchy and undermines the profit of the game, but you know, I want to save money.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
The only time I have ever completed a dungeon is when I run with goons. Pubs always always end horribly.

Maybe the One Tamriel thing doesn't work well with dungeons, but they seem really broken as a non-level-cap player. I just queued for a normal dungeon and got in a group of levels 11-15, and a maxed out guy. We did fine until we to a particular boss and we wiped so the level capped dude yells at us for being in that dungeon at such low levels - we loving queued for it!

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

LLSix posted:

Is there a trial for this game?

You can pick up the core game for like $12

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
I took a break Dec-Jan and coming back I seem to be getting wrecked more so by NPCs and mid 30's leveling feels reeeeaaally slow.

Maybe I just need more time to get back into it or go back to my stamsorc. :shrug:

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Rookersh posted:

Here is my crafting feedback ( I don't have PMs but you asked ).

Let subs carry crafting unlocks between characters. I have 2 alts, I don't want to have to jump back to my main guy to craft something. If I know the secrets of Sturdy Staves, my account should know the secrets of Sturdy Staves. If my Argonian Templar learns all 4 tabs of Nirnroot, my Orc Sorcerer should know the 4 properties of Nirnroot.

This also boosts the value of the sub as we get closer to the Morrowind launch. I'm paying money to have less busywork.

This also lets me not waste time when on alts. Rather then have to go log on to each character individually to set their research I can just kind of not give a poo poo, log on to who I was already planning on playing, and just research on my accountwide crafting tab.

I'll second this thought. It's just tedious to have to switch characters to feel like you are getting the most out of crafting.

Some jackass might argue that skills follow suit, but that's just a complete falsehood and you should slap them.

When I dismantle or craft or research, just make it account level.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Someone was asking about leveling up legerdemain in guild chat yesterday, this seems like a quick way to do it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322398/quickly-level-legerdemain-the-apple-method

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Can someone explain set crafting to me a little more?

I've just been sending all magic stuff to an alt and leveling all crafting on him so far, but I haven't been paying too much attention to what I'm researching other than just plowing through traits 1 item at a time. When I craft a set does that set require that you have x amount of traits researched for EVERY piece (I'm assuming so)?

So if I have a 4 set piece that requires 6 traits, I need to research all the way to 6 traits on 4 different items? If so gently caress that's a lot of time.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Sogol posted:

crafting stuffs

This is super helpful, thanks.

Basically what I did was my first character had just been deconstructing everything as I went along. I largely ignored crafting and just deconstructed stuff 'cause it seemed like the thing to do. I gave up on that char at level 35 and have been playing other classes but that chars crafting skills were all in the high teens/low twenties so I've just been sending poo poo to him to deconstruct/research.

So that character is just by default my equipment crafter at least - I dunno how many skill points I need to be efficient in that but I can always respec. I did respec my morphs to have enough points to grab the passives at least, being able to research 2 at a time is a huge win.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
I hope to join the progression stuff eventually, but I'm only cp75 so I've got a waaaaays to go.

In the meantime where should I focus my CP points for my magNB and stamsorc?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
So I got my stamsorc to 50 finally and blew through all my inspiration so now I'm working on my magickaNB and holy poo poo am I having a tough time with him. I tried following the guide that someone posted in this thread, and a couple others actually, but I just get torn up so fast. My stamsorc can gather a dozen mobs and melt them so fast and always maintain health. I can not do that on NB at all. How the hell do you stay alive as a NB. Tell me why I'm retarded and what I'm doing wrong.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

GuyUpNorth posted:

In a nutshell, you get tons of healing from Siphoning as magblade.

I guess I haven't hit those morphs yet? I only have 1 heal and it's poo poo. Heals 25% dmg done every 2 seconds. Not enough for sustain.

I ended up taking the light armor shield which is helping but man this is a struggle for me to solo. Any sort of group setting it's awesome tho.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Hakarne posted:

Actually all that guide really did was make me aware those sets existed. I run Bahraha's with Leech plate and will also use Bloodspawn set if I can ever get the loving shoulders from the chest. I use double sword/shield instead of resto staff because that sounded dumb and my bar set up is more or less the one you posted in the sap tank guide. I have soul harvest in place of reviving barrier to help offset the ultimate generation loss from not having Tavas and use trash death to build ultimate for hard pulls/bosses.

I still get 2 warhorns up per boss fight and it's much better for tanking pugs and soloing due to the increased damage and survivability through self-healing from procs. If I were tanking vet trials I'd swap the leech plate for Tavas yeah, but I've found this to be much better for what I do 95% of the time: soloing poo poo and carrying dumbfuck PUGS through daily pledges. I can basically sustain myself through anything except unavoidable 1-shot mechanics.

Edit: I may make a post about my build so other goons can critique or use it as they see fit. It's much different from the Deltias build.

Please do, I really want to play mNB but after just wrecking everything with stamsorc I've having trouble even wanting to log on with him. I'm being overly whiney about it, I can play it mostly ok it's just slow in comparison.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Hakarne posted:

build stuff

Is this how you ran while leveling too? Only 40 at this point, I've found a destruction staff build ok, but not really fun to play.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

DoriDori240 posted:

:siren: Incoming wall-o-text about spergy poo poo :siren:

Holy. This seems more in line with the direction I was heading after saying gently caress it to all the other builds I've tried and just doing my own. Self thought? Crazy right?

Anyway thanks for a ton, I just hit 40 on my NB and with a few tweaks I'll be able to roll with this, definitely need some new equipment though, I'll bug you in game if servers ever come back up.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Login servers are hosed. I was playing just fine for the last hour, went to restart my PC and now can't login. Error 200.

gently caress.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Holy poo poo still can't log in reliably, get your poo poo together bethesda.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Talkc posted:

Where do i go to find info on building characters? I want to build a Stamsorc but have no idea what to do, and the only thing ive heard on builds is dont use Deltia.

First page of this thread has a good guide to start with.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
You can get the any alliance\race thing for insanely cheap from g2a.com

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

sluggo is mad posted:

Seven on is over, I got the next seven days off. Calling poopsock crew...

I'm not quite at that point, but starting Sunday I am family free for a week. Next Friday is a holiday so office is closed and I'm going to take a day or two off as well.

Sock engaged.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Beach Party posted:

The beginner builds listed in the FAQ still apply or are they outdated? Downloading this game as we speak :black101:

These should be on the OP as well:

Magicka Nightblade
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&userid=40135#post470008915

Stamina Sorcerer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=54#post470176874

Dinurth fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 20, 2017

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

mincedgarlic posted:

Played the beta and am going to check this out again. Does the alliance thing impact only pvp or can you not join the goon guild if you're not Ebonheart?

PVP only.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

DoriDori240 posted:

Going to be making a regular Normal Maw of Lorkhaj a thing. Will post times in the guild MotD. Will also get a sign up for trials in discord. Anyone is welcome, but for the sake of your own sanity its best to be CP160 cause you don't want to be "the dude" who got a lvl 24 sharpened moondancer sword (or VO dagger when we do Crag trials). Also craglorn normals with an eye towards AA first.

Still looking to get willing participants for VET Hel Ra Citidel this weekend (prior experience would be preferable) and eventually we can start getting everyone who wants clears!

I am now 160+ and have crafted 160 sets on my stamsorc, working on gear for my mNB now. So I'm ready to jump into this stuff.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Are treasure maps ever worth doing? I've never seen anything from one that wasn't instant deconstruct.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Anyone else having login issues today? Was able to get in this AM but lag was horrific, now I can't login at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Healer queue has always been nearly instant for me.