Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
One Tamriel takes the feeling of your character getting stronger and throws it out the window.

That wolf that you fought 3 hours ago? It took just as long to kill that as the giant demon you just fought.

It neuters any feeling of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

eSporks posted:

Ok sure, but, the game had wolves and giant demons at every power level before. So that is nothing new. Progression should always be about options, and not watching stupid numbers get bigger.

I guess I just like feeling my character get stronger and not having a static ttk and difficulty level for it's lifecycle.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

I really want to get into this game, but for some reason I just . . . can't. I'm somewhat enjoying playing with my "Thor" character (heavy armor stamsorc with 2h/1h + shield), running around throwing lightning and smashing things. Then I start doing crafting, looking at all my skill lines, seeing how much there is to do and then my eyes kind of glaze over and I close the game.

I really want to play an MMO right now and I like that the character system is pretty freeform, I'm just not quite sure what about this game isn't grabbing me.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Is it difficult to get a Werewolf bite? I'm looking at a cool WW build I like, but I don't want to spend crowns on it if I don't have to.