Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Can someone give @jonmitz on PSN an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
So I've made it to lvl 10 and the game is overall pretty fun, but I can't get over how painfully easy it is. I soloed a "public group dungeon" earlier today without any problems.

Is there any sort of difficulty ramp up?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
So I've been having a lot of fun with this game (it feels just like Skyrim w/ group dungeons to me, since I've never played with mods). I'm somewhere close to lvl 30 now with a wood elf assassin (still not really up to date with all the faction names in this game). I have some (possibly) really dumb questions:

- Does each faction have it's own unique areas? or can I go anywhere? I've only been to Auridon and Grahtwood. Looking at the world map, it's not clear if everything is open to me (i.e. all the blank space on the map is for other factions?). If so, can I do all the quests there, more or less? How about cities? None of this is really clear to me since it seems like the game has gone through some major revisions that may have effected this...

- how many different main stories are there? is it (class/race/faction) specific?

- If I want to play around with other builds, is it best to just roll another character/class that is more suited to that playstyle (i.e. destruction / restorative staff), or once i reach max level I can just play around with whatever and it won't be particularly difficult? I'm torn here because I don't really have a lot of time to play, so investing in a new character would be difficult.

Also if anyone wants someone to play with on PSN and do random poo poo, add me (PSN=jonmitz)!