Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

queeb posted:

Yeah magsorc is cool but arcanist is calling me, but it's locked behind expansion stuff and I'm starting from square one so I think magsorc will do fine. Can magsorc be built to do all content and soloing eventually?
Every class can be built to do all content and solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Offkorn posted:

So I've been trying to get the 'Messy Business' achievement (kill 10 players that have been covered in pie in Cyrodiil) on and off for a couple weeks now, and it is shockingly difficult.

Killing people isn't the problem, the problem is hitting them with the pie in the first place. The pies have collision. Target ducks behind a crate or tree? Miss. NPC or ally gets between you and the target while winding up the throw? They get hit instead. It's maddening.
You're supposed to find a buddy or two, go to a place away from fighting but near a rez spot and kill them while they let you, and vice versa. Even when you hit them with a pie there's a limited time for the kill to count.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

It's a Jester's Festival achievement, doing silly poo poo to get it is in spirit with the achievement.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Offkorn posted:

And... you consider getting someone to let you get 10 zero-effort kills on them, "silly poo poo". Because to me it looks coldly calculated, not much different from paying for a carry through a vet trial and the exact opposite of the event's spirit.
If it were a PVP achievement sure, I could see your point. But yes I consider hanging out with people while pieing each other and killing each other in cyro to be silly poo poo in line with "Throw 10 Pies at Guards anywhere but Cyrodiil" or "Festoon 20 players with cherry blossoms during the Jester's Festival." The achievement has conditions and they were met without exploiting any game systems or paying anyone.

I view the achievement as "had a silly time in cyro with pies and kills." You seem to view it as "has the skill and pvp experience to time pieing and killing in a coordinated way". I feel like my interpretation is inline with the Jesters festival and the rest of its achievements.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

dialhforhero posted:

should I just not worry about it all and deconstruct everything until level 50?
Yes, even before reconstruction was a thing the advice was, and remains, don't worry about gear below level 50 cp160. That's the gear cap and it's pretty easy to reach, so until then the only gear thing you should maybe care about is training trait if you're getting most of your xp by killing things (as opposed to quests).

Even after level 50, the vast majority of gear is deconstruction fodder.

For inventory management without eso+ decide if you're keeping mats or not, and if so decide where they're going to go and get them where they need to be regularly. They are the thing that can most get out of control if you don't make a system.