Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I somehow have an account for this game which is weird because I only played the closed beta for like an hour. Anyway I decided to try it out and it seems surprisingly good so far. I subbed for a month since I like crafting and the bottomless bag seems almost mandatory for that. I have a bunch of crowns now. Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy? I looked through it and didn't really see anything aside from cosmetic items and super overpriced looking consumables. I kind of want a camel, but as far as I can tell all mounts are functionally identical and if there's anything in there that would actually substantially improve my gameplay experience I'd rather buy that.

Unrelated question: I'm assuming this big level scaling update turned all soul gems into grand soul gems. I've found something like 50 grands, 1 petty (which I think was hand placed in the world by a level designer) and zero others. So are all souls now grand too?

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

Mounts all play the same. I've been cruising on my 10k gold cheapo poo poo-horse this whole time and it doesn't matter since he's galloping at top speed. Also mounts get cosmetic upgrades the more you train them so he's got a sweet battle helmet on. drat wouldn't it be funny if they released horse armor DLC for the first time since Oblivion?

All soul gems are large now so you might as well sell anything not Grand.

There are still some non-grands secreted throughout the world as set dressing. I've found a few more. I was more wondering whether it was like the single players elder scrolls games where you could waste a grand gem by filling it with a petty soul, or are all souls grand now?

Krinkle posted:

Maybe they're not visible from outside, I mean I didn't peek in to check.

I'm not seeing them either. I noticed the last passive in the fighters guild tree allows you to do "bounties" so maybe those are the dailies? Seems kinda stupid since the entire reason I want to do them is to raise my fighters guild rank. But maybe those are some other thing I dunno.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is that one quest in Craglorn the only non-crafter way nirn-whatever trait items are generated?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Thanks for the werewolf bite, Aramark! Took your advice and got werewolf to 10.

By the way ya'll, if you get the bite cross Faction, you have to go to your Factions zone to enter the portal!

I just got someone to give me a werewolf kiss too. It's funny how slow the first two levels of the skill are before you have any way to extend the uptime of the transformation. Protip: leveling up the transformation skill ends your transformation :shepface:

Also, can I get an invite for @timphiz

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Verranicus posted:

What happens to all your crafting poo poo in your magic bag if you slip from sub to f2p?

You can continue taking stuff out of the bag but you can't but anything in to it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I finally hit 160. What's a good <=5 trait craftable set for a stam DK? I've been using whitestrake's which has been amazing for my survivability, but my deeps is like 5k vs. a single target which I understand is kind of terrible.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aramek posted:

Get one of us to make you Hunding's, which is a six trait.

I'll just wait a few days and make it myself. Not in a hurry here.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The dark brotherhood dailies are way better than the thieves guild dailies for raising your legerdemain oddly enough. The thieves guild areas are pretty much just normal dungeons, but the dark brotherhood ones are trespassing areas, so everything you can pick up there is stolen, so you can fence it all to level up your legerdemain.

Related question, do those invisibility potions work against those lantern guards, or do they break invisibility as well as stealth?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Virigoth posted:

I was trying to look for some powerleveling guides for Ebonheart but I'm going to assume most of them assume this is my second time leveling and I have some wicked gear from a glance. This is pretty old and assumes I want to grind multiple levels all over the place. Is there something newer than 2014 to use for this or should I just be playing the storyline and whatever quests I can grab? I'm a stamsorc following Scyantific guide from in this thread right now @ lvl 8.

One Tamriel has made powerleveling guides kind of pointless. Just find a place that has a lot of mobs that you can kill quickly (public dungeons are good for this if you're strong enough) and do that until you reach your desired level if you want to maximize your speed/fun ration.

You might want to start off the fighters guild chain and grind in a place with undead or daedra, if you plan on using fighter's guild skills.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 31, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shazaam posted:

@shaz44m for an invite please.

Leveling an imperial templar for sweet tanking goodness. I do like the crafting, and hopefully not going to gimp my character by dropping points into 3 of the skills?

Buying every champ160 intricate weapon i can find to deconn, but farming gold at lowbie life sucks.

There's a ton of extra skill points in the game so you'll be fine. Anyone know if getting all of the skillpoints will let you max out all of the skills? (aside from ones exclusive to other classes/races obv.)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Man leveling up enchanting is turrrrible. It seems slower than the 3 equipment crafts, and you get about 10% as much stuff to deconstruct. There's no secret technique I'm missing here is there?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Man leveling up enchanting is turrrrible. It seems slower than the 3 equipment crafts, and you get about 10% as much stuff to deconstruct. There's no secret technique I'm missing here is there?

Turns out the secret technique I was missing was that the enchanting vendors sell potency runes, which are by far the hardest to get. Kinda expensive but still better than running around trying to farm them.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Blast of Confetti posted:

Anything in the cash shop that's incredibly useful? Got Gold Edition and ESO Plus so that's all the DLC areas unlocked

The Adventurer Pack that lets you use any race with any faction is the only thing that leaps out as a cash shop exclusive account upgrade imo. And even that's kind of meaningless now unless you want to PvP with a particular group of people.

Oh yeah, and the DLCs.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 14, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Davoren posted:

Man the thieves guild quest line in this is really good huh? On the surface it has a lot of the same elements as Skyrims, but it just blows their thieves guild out of the water.

To be fair, Skyrim's Thieve's Guild quest kinda sucked.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What level of gear are you ready for vet/hard mode at? I've been doing this nightblade tank build and have it pretty much all together except I'm an Argonian and I'm missing the helmet. Also, CP is at 272.

Aramek posted:

Super easy and cheap. Just in game gold, about 6000 I think? The capital cities have shrines to do it at.

When you respec do you have to re-level individual active skills, or does it remember that you've leveled them up even if you don't have any points in them?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

valuum posted:

Vet/hms vary wildly in difficulty. As a general rule, you'll be perfectly fine in any of the non-dlc I-versions.

Guess that makes sense considering what a massive step up White Gold Tower and Insane Clown Prison were compared to the other normal dungeons.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Devor posted:

No negatives to doing any of the DLC early though, right? No quest rewards that should wait until max level, that sort of thing? I'm not sure how these new mechanics work together for One Tamriel nonsense.

If you want a max level TG or DB set it would be a little easier to get if you waited until 160 before doing those quest lines. I don''t think you would though, they're not great, and they're obtainable through repeatable means too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zaekkor posted:

So are super invisible Nightblade criminals a thing? Are there any benefits to being a criminal? (ie: is stealable loot actually worth while, etc?)

It sounds fun in theory, but I wonder if it's even worth doing?

Note: Never played the game and only have 15 hours total in TES games.

Downloading game as we speak for free weekend.

The nightblade invisibility skill is nice for the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood dailies, but it doesn't make a super huge difference. My DK is better at them than my NB since he has medium armor and stamina as opposed to my NB's heavy armor and magicka. It seems like the Khajit racial would make a bigger difference.