Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I thought the change between Kara and James was a little awkwardly done, as was Wynn suddenly working for the DEO, but those are really minor complaints because I loved the tone overall and the portrayal of Superman.

Very optimistic about the new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
When they were doing the 'tracing bits of elements left by Metallo' thing for a moment I was expecting Superman to call Bruce because that was very much a Batman thing in an unfolding Justice League-y situation.

Batwoman would also work nicely.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Yeah they could have done a whole thing where he or Cadmus argues that Earth doesn't need alien protectors because it has its own Superman.

All in all the episode worked fine but the 'Cyborg Superman' line was a clunker.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Aw c'mon robot butlers don't grow on trees you know

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
They telegraphed Jeremiah being up to no good so hard that it was almost a surprise that that's actually the direction they went in.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
YER A CADMUS MAN

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Medullah posted:

I'm guessing it was "part of the deal", but Alex not just getting the living poo poo kicked out of her by Evil Hank when Kara left her to get the train was kind of dumb. Sure she had a gun but her chasing the three of them was just kind of eye rolling.

My main problem there was that for someone with super hearing, telescopic vision etc etc and the ability to move incredibly fast, Kara took foreeeeever to get back and help Alex. Especially since she absolutely knew Alex was under threat.

Really it's part of the problem with writing Supergirl - if she uses her powers to their full extent it's really hard to create situations that she doesn't just trivially solve.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
That was rough on the Daxamite lackey who perishes in space because his King and Queen picked a fight he had no stake in.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
lol at Clark's scary friend.

Keep teasing guys.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

howe_sam posted:

If they keep teasing sooner or later DC will relent and let them do Batman.

I would genuinely enjoy seeing this creative team's version of Batman.

(also who would they cast ohboy)

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Xelkelvos posted:

How would they differentiate him from Ollie

Presumably less vodka.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Superman: Bad (or sick) guy!

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I like that Arrow generally has a grittier tone to it but it is also awesome when it crosses over and we get goofier stuff like 'just some ninjas'.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Welp RIP Disintegrated Priest, we hardly knew ya.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Ooof that fight choreography.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
In the 30th century, all restaurants are Big Belly Burger

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
"Luthor Science will fix it!"

Narrator: It would not fix it.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
When Brainiac started messing up his projections I thought they were doing a thing about how the worsening situation in the present was messing up the future he was from but no, he was just having a sad.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

TwoPair posted:

I'm just confused as to how Alex's memories even work without the knowledge that Kara's an alien. Like, they had a whole flashback episode last season about the Danvers sisters being little super-Nancy Drews solving crimes. Did Alex just forget that? Does she think that back in season 2 that her sister Kara was hooking Mon-El up with a job at CatCo independently of Supergirl interacting with him? I'm trying to come up with some sort of comparison using my own brothers but I can't imagine an even remotely equivalent situation, it's nuts. I feel like her mind should just collapse at the mere mention of Supergirl's identity.

At least in my version of things, that's why Alex is so screwed up by the erasure. For most of the DEO staff it would have just been 'you forget this one fact' but huge chunks of Alex's memory would have needed rewriting and probably couldn't be formed into anything plausible.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Adding to my dissatisfaction with the Lena plotline is that for someone who was written as being almost hyper aware of Lex and all his manipulative games, Lena then fell for like the most transparent manipulation, in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, I'd have preferred if he underestimated Brainy's willingness to sacrifice himself but since he'd considered that as an option (before discarding) he know how to use it. "Oh well, plan B then" instead of his plan all along. Like you said, it's getting a bit too Diaz.

I've been assuming at least some of the 'yes of course this is what I calculated all along' is a bullshit pose anyway. We saw him absolutely lose his poo poo at first, and then reassemble the act, presumably as he figured out how to make it work from there.