Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm going to be disappointed if Cat and and Lord disappear. I enjoyed the frenemy thing Lord had going on, and Cat is an excellent character, who I feel is an important part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

We just need one more DC-CW show so that we can have a full weeks run, and a weeklong crossover. We've got a nicely fleshed out potential Justice league already. Who to base it around though? Batman is too much of an overlap with Green Arrow, the hawk people are too bland and miscast to be useful as anything other than side characters in an ensemble (and barely at that). Ray and firestorm are both fun characters, but they're already on legends and I don't think either of them could carry a show. Constantine is fun, but they seem reluctant to let the CW shows use him.

Maybe Wonder Woman, or green lantern? They've been dropping hints about the latter on flash.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread yet:

(major spoilers about the future direction of a certain character James Olsen )

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/10/supergirls-james-olsen-will-become-another-one-of-dcs-superheroes/

Link is in spoiler tags due to the title of the article being a spoiler.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Why are they writing Cat out? It's weird, and she's such a great character.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They seemed to have significantly toned down the effect of green kryptonite in this show. At least, supergirl doesn't collapse or become violently ill just by being in its presence, the way it was on smallville.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I thought it was a nice touch that when Alex stabbed the dude in the chest with a bit of pipe, black cyborg chest gunk started dribbling out through the pipe.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Given that there are no kryptonians on earth 1, we can only assume that Earth 1 is a dimension where krypton never blew up (or hasn't blown up yet) therefore kara would still be there. Or krypton blew up but they were sent to some other planet to be safe.

Speaking of which, I've never understood why such a highly advanced spacefaring race would only have 2 survivors. Did they not have colonies on other planets? Kryptonians living/working/visiting other planets? There were aliens from numerous species in that prison, so there was clearly a lively exchange of interstellar traffic. The galaxy should be littered with kryptonian refugees.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'd rather have David Mazouz show up for an episode personally.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'm comfortable putting arrow in 1st place this season. I'd probably put flash in second place though, and supergirl 3rd.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So apparently Kevin Sorbo will be joining the cast as an unspecified recurring villain.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Spartacus is notorious for prolific male nudity. Johnson is slang for penis.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I had no idea bare naked ladies was even a real band.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Not only are they a real band, but they've even been accorded the highest possible honor in modern music...

Parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic

I only know who that is because of Galavant.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The musical will only be occupying the flash episode from what I've read. It's going to be like the big crossover earlier where the supergirl component will be like 1 min of setup at the end of the episode.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

More likely it was a deliberate joke for attentive fans of both shows.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

What was the issue here? Does the actress no longer want to be on the show? Do the showrunners feel that the character wasn’t working? I know a lot of people were pissed off at the casting choice.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'm going to be beyond pissed off if that dickhead's behaviour causes the arrowverse shows to fall apart and get cancelled or something.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That was a complete waste of time. I can't believe they thought it was a good idea to disrupt the flow of the series by essentially inserting an episode of what might as well have been a different show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Except the show didn't really approach good until they moved to Metropolis, added Green Arrow to the main cast and basically became the Justice League show, with Clark and Lois as reporters. Say Seasons 7-10; with maybe seasons 5 & 6 demonstrating a gradual improvement. The first 3 seasons were mediocre, Season 4 in my opinion was dreadful, absolutely the low point of the show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

You know it’s gonna happen.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She definitely got the shittier fortress of solitude sanctuary

It's got the nicer weather though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't care what anyone else says. Wormholes don't just randomly appear out in space. That was a boom tube.

I doubt we'll ever see Darkseid on here, though, because that's a power level way too high for Supergirl and the DEO. :sigh:

Smallville did it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They don't have ribs in the 31st Century? That's a dark future....

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So...did they just...forget...That James has a superhero costume?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'm going to be very disappointed if they take the easy cheap route of turning Lena into a villain.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Presumably people’s memories of glee are additionally tarnished by one of the stars turning out to be a pedophile.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

howe_sam posted:

We the audience knew, but it wasn't public knowledge in the show because I'm assuming their constitution is like the real one, and only natural born citizens are eligible for the presidency.

Do we know for certain she wasn't born in the US? I can't remember what was revealed about her backstory; other than the fact that she was at University with Cat Grant. I feel like if they end up making it about her not being a natural born citizen it will be a bit of a cop out. Having her be a validly elected President who happens to not be human would be much more interesting.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They changed the boots, I dig that. I hope that goes for the red and blue suit as well.

But don't be silly, Cavill's suit is amazing and the cape is a work of art.

Edit: Gustin and Amell are wearing the same boots.

I think Cavill could have been a decent superman if he'd had the opportunity to be in a competently made movie. As things stand though I'm kinda glad both he and Affleck seem to be done with the DCEU. Affleck batman was far worse than Cavill Superman IMO. Tiny Clark is much better though and I wish he'd move to the big screen or at least show up more in the arrowverse.

What's the deal with the Black suit?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

How are you comparing supermans but don't know about one of his historic suits

I don't read comic books. I'm only speaking from various screen depictions over the years. I'm sorry if this makes me unqualified to determine if I prefer one actor's version of a character to another's.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Winn went to the future with Mon-El and Imra. He might be coming back in some capacity this year as a recurring character though, but that’s yet to be seen.

I think I prefer Brainy as a character; but is there a behind the scenes reason in particular for Wynn's sudden departure?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

who is the guy in the golden mask?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I don't like the stuff with Brainy and Mia. His whole "But i cannot not be at 100%" is not a good excuse, because you shouldn't be smothering your partner, even if you think its an expression of love.

If he always has to be at 100% then he should learn from Data and just devote the appropriate 3% to his relationship and divert the rest of his processing power to other tasks.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

This show is butts.

No, the butts are on Titans. Cute ones too.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Melissa has a pretty nice bum.

I'm only interested in the dude bums sorry. Titans isn't afraid to let them out. Doom Patrol on the other hand let them out and it terrified everyone.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It needs more red in it to break it up.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The politics in Black Lightning feel organic. In Supergirl it feels like a gimmick, like the writers are saying look at me, look at me. It's disruptive to the show. Plot and dialogue is chosen in order to tick a box for an issue instead of because it makes sense for the story.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

TwoPair posted:

It would have been a good time to have Superman come back but I get that they're saving him for Crisis or whatever.

He's on Paternity Leave. It wouldn't be right.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Still holding out hope that Leviathan is a cover for Apokolips and Darkseid. With the DC movies basically in shambles, there’s never going to be a better time to try and sneak this stuff under Warners’ radar into the CW shows.

I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed to use Darkseid, I mean they already did it in Smallville?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah this first batch of episodes has clearly been a "Crisis Holding Pattern" thing. Flash is doing it too this year and doing it much better though. Batwoman's response to Crisis has been to just ignore it so far and Arrow has been 100% Crisis focused so the crossover being effectively it's final run of episodes works super good so far. Legends is starting its year with Crisis, so it doesn't have to worry about that. And from the look of the latest batch of previews, Black Lightning is just gonna get t-boned by Crisis out of nowhere.

Batwoman couldn't deal with a chubby middle aged dude with an axe, none of the real heroes are going to waste time getting her involved with the crisis until they have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's a good move. Babies are effectively living props, kinda like noisy poo poo producing plants. These kids are the right age to carry their own plotlines, and have interesting storylines around parenting teens, growing up, etc. Presumably they both have powers to some degree as well so we can explore that.