Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So L Corp is going to be attacked by Mr (Kryptonite-Powered) Robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Mortanis posted:

Looking forward to Mon-El getting shot by lead bullets and thrown into the phantom zone to save his life.

Wonder if they have the budget left to do an episode set in the 31st Century and show Mon-El with the Legion. Make THAT the super-crossover and I'd be happy.

Isn't the crossover a traditional Legion villain?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Winn will build a robot and then date it :eng101:

Agents of Shield is already doing this storyline.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

spooky like this! posted:

I kind of feel bad for the actress who played Lucy because she went from semi-regular as a smart military lawyer to guest starring on No Tomorrow as Xavier's weekly bone where her entire part was being sexed up and barely dressed.

She's married to Channing Tatum, I assume "sexed up" and "barely dressed" describe most things in her life.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Are these guys supposed to be budget Kroloteans? Portals, stealing things, impersonating humans, etc.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I'm disappointed with that casting.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Fat Shat Sings posted:

As long as they don't let him write his own character I don't think it would be too bad. But after Andromeda and Hercules I don't know.

maybe there is a DC villain known for over acting and chewing scenery.

Here, let me try again:

I'm DISAPPOINTED with that casting!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Weren't they only kinda forced to stay in in the bar until President Wonder Woman gave them amnesty?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Man, they straight up grey gooed that guy.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Has anyone seen the titles for the last two episodes of the season? "Resist", and "Nevertheless, She Persisted". Is Trump a Daxamite infiltrator?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Were the Zod casting announcements about the mistaken identity tonight? I thought he was supposed to be the big bad next season or something.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Our Season 3 Big Bad has been cast

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

So who is this other super gal?

Presumably the female Doomsday-like we saw being loaded into a ship on Krypton at the end of last season's finale.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

This Supermom plot is giving me serious Davis Bloome vibes.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

What was the issue here? Does the actress no longer want to be on the show? Do the showrunners feel that the character wasn’t working? I know a lot of people were pissed off at the casting choice.

Everything I've seen has said the actress decided not to sign a full season contract, so they only have her for guest appearances, which they are using to write her off the show one way or another. The show runners didn't plan for her character not to be around so they are scrambling for some sort of resolution that pisses off the least amount of people.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I mean, really, in a world where Superman/Supergirl exist, it's probably weirder to worship God than it is to worship them. Like Jimmy said, at least they actually exist/are present in the world. Nuking a stadium is obviously bad, but the Church of Rao in and of itself isn't crazy.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Crazy, lone wolf, former Air Force guy who killed a lot of innocent people and got shot to death? I'm surprised this episode aired with that line intact.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

DukeofCA posted:

Was it ever explained why they recast Supergirl's mom or was it just a case of "Hey look, here's another person who was on a Superman show!"

Original actress wasn't available anymore for the size role they wanted this season.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

Is Edge even a real dude from the comics or did they just make him up?

He's a real dude from the comics

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait how did they get the invitation but then need to portal to their earth? :psyduck:

Presumably, Cisco breached it over.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Rhyno posted:

It was announced that he (Wentworth Miller) was leaving the CW/DCverse.

Yeah, Earth-X Snart coming to Earth-1 is just a way to give Miller a little goodbye arc for the character before they retire him for good.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

Are all the worldkillers just going to be people? I was hoping for some crazy monsters.

I couldn't help laughing out loud at the scene, knowing that they obviously were introducing another Worldkiller, but thinking that a fake out where, nope, some random civvy just got mowed down, end of scene, would be the funniest thing ever for the subversion of expectations alone.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Thunderfinger posted:

Is Supergirl not going to ask Psi what she saw in Reign’s mind?

Similarly, what *was* the deal with Psi's psychic whammy on Imra? I thought they were going to go with some sort of body snatchers plot, but it didn't seem to go anywhere, unless it's going to resolve later.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Like, is every single male prisoner of Fort Rozz just dead now?

...Yes? They showed some dead male bodies, and all the love people they encountered were women.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Livewire seems like an easy enough character to bring back, at least. "Oh, my electricity surged into the Legion ship's batteries at the last second and I finally recharged enough to take physical form again!"

Also, why didn't they swing by Mars on the way out to grab Miss Martian?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

I know Superman can't just show up all the time but it would be nice to have something saying what he is up to while Supergirl and co are trying to deal with something called a "worldkiller"

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

No way that confession holds up in court.

Yeah, I really hope supergenius Lena Luthor's plan wasn't to get a coerced confession under threat of death on tape along with the coercive threat of death.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

Next week on Supergirl: the gang captures a black woman and throws her in extrajudicial government prison for purely theoretical reasons :stonk:

Somehow, Supergirl "just knew" that out of the line up of all the women, the black one was the evil monster...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Azhais posted:

Updated Kryptonian vulnerability list:
Kryptonite
Magic
Shrink wrap

Pretty solid episode

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Oh my God I didn't think anyone else knew about this show.

It was pretty popular, it ran for six seasons and a movie.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Has Kandor ever shown up on this show?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

J33uk posted:

Man with the whole surveillance/digital privacy times we live in you could do a real loving good Brother Eye story. We know they like mining current events for parallels

Arrow already did a OMAC/Brother Eye story. Felicity helped create it with a group of hacktivists while in college. Her ex-boyfriend has used it for nefarious purposes to torment the team on more than one occasion.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

I thought it was pretty good episode. Like the arc Agent of Liberty went through. Don't care for the allegory of illegal immigrants. It's shallow and when you factor in that their world has literally been enslaved or almost destroyed by aliens (several times) you can't really make an analogy to Latin american migrants looking for a better life.

Yeah, I was saying the same thing to my wife as we watched. The whole point of racism being a fallacy is that races are a social construct and humans are all really the same. There is no supreme race, just one human race. There are, however, actual legitimate reasons to hate/fear different species that have super strength/super technology that obsoletes your species, even if just hating all aliens just for being aliens is still lovely. Muddling the analogy like this in the end seems to lend some credence that racists have even a kernel of justification for your views, even if that's not what the show intends.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Vietnamwees posted:

Before I forget to ask, does anyone know what the bus's license plate is supposed to be a reference to, exactly? I mean it was zoomed in on, so I figure it has to be a reference to something, right?

Apparently, 3DHI832 is the "A113" of California license plates. It seems to show up in lots of shows (Veronica Mars, NCIS, Drop Dead Diva) and movies (The Fast and the Furious, Horrible Bosses). No idea what it actually is referencing originally though. Since it is the license plate that Paul Walker's character uses in the F&F movies, it may be in remembrance of him by the stunt driving community?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

howe_sam posted:

That anti Martian gun is pretty ineffective

Having not seen the episode yet, is it a flamethrower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'm confused about the folded American flag in Alex and Kelly's apartment. Aren't those given to family members who have had someone die in military service? Who died? It seems weird set dressing to have randomly in an apartment. It would be like having an Oscar just there. Something that specific needs an explanation.

I guess maybe Dean Cane died?

That would be my guess, yes.