Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's motherfucking Superman

It's mother loving Superman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
There is a man on my TV and he is Super

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mastajake posted:

Yeah I didn't really think they sold that relationship/pining very well until the middle of the season last year, but they really didn't sell the breakup.

Normally I'd say the show is 1000% better now that they've removed the stupid romance drama, but this is the CW. This poo poo is going to drag out the entire season, and it's gonna blow.

Hopefully we can keep it quarantined to a small segment, like in this episode, and we can have our fun stuff that avoids the CW writer virus for a while :unsmith:

Also where the gently caress is Jay Garrick? I need that sweet sweet Earth-3 JSA action :getin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mortanis posted:

What happened to Lucy? Wasn't she assigned as director of the DEO? Are they just quietly retconning that?

"It's nice of the government to reinstate you, J'onn!"
"Yes. Lucy couldn't be around anymore, it's like she's some sort of actress we couldn't pay."
"Haha! That'd be weird!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

badjohny posted:

That was a great episode. I couldn't help but smile at "up up and away".

It fit.

As it should with Superman!

I love Happy Winking Superman, it's a million times better than Grimdark Not Marvelman No Seriously Superman.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

Superman's little grudge against J'onn didn't really make all that much sense when you think about 'cuz it's like...well...y'know they keep bullets where police and military work, right Clark? Bullets kill those guys too, but that doesn't mean they're...I dunno...paranoid about themselves or whatever?

To be fair, they don't usually make bullets that:

A) specifically kill only you and your family and
B) kill you via horrible ultrafast cancer

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Also, since I've never watched. I'm thinking it's so, but Cat doesn't know Kara is Supergirl, correct? Cat is the best part of this show.

^ Also, that'd be pretty cool. But no one trusts Ollie, ever.

Originally, she was fooled by J'onn's imitation, but she's hinted a few times that she knows, even before J'onn's reveal to the public.

Cat's probably the brightest person on the show, even if she didn't think something was up before then she'd figure it out after reports that Martian Manhunter had stolen someone's identity via shapeshifting.

CaptainCaveman posted:

I don't think he was from this Earth, remember Supergirl had never heard of The Flash.

Jesus Christ, we're up to Earth Four now? :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

go gently caress yourself, CW

Ehn, it's not unheard of. There were several moments in the Superman comics where even dorky redhead Jimmy Olsen got super powers, i.e. as Elastic Lad.

Hopefully it doesn't lead to must never reveal my secret drama, or at least only lasts an episode or two.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azhais posted:

It's... it's CBS

But the CW can go gently caress itself, that much is true

Nope, they moved channels.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doktor Per posted:

Zatanna would be absolutely perfect. God.

I pity the actress that would have to learn backwards-speak, though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Alex got punched in the face by a super powered cyborg. She should be dead.

A Kryptonite exoskelton with no actual body armor protects her :pseudo:

I do like the suit, though, since she can go kick rear end with her sister. I hope she eventually gets to go full on Matrix.

Also, place your bets on Strange Kryptonian Person now: Superboy or Eradicator? :iiam:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

They've already said outright who he is in interviews and stuff.

Well then it's a good thing I don't read spoilers! :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

I figure he's a Daxamite.

So we'll get him for like one episode before he keels over. :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

Given that there are no kryptonians on earth 1, we can only assume that Earth 1 is a dimension where krypton never blew up (or hasn't blown up yet) therefore kara would still be there. Or krypton blew up but they were sent to some other planet to be safe.

Speaking of which, I've never understood why such a highly advanced spacefaring race would only have 2 survivors. Did they not have colonies on other planets? Kryptonians living/working/visiting other planets? There were aliens from numerous species in that prison, so there was clearly a lively exchange of interstellar traffic. The galaxy should be littered with kryptonian refugees.

Actually, there's an explanation! The Eradicator prevented it because Kryptonian culture is hilariously xenophobic and doesn't want anybody out of their control. If anybody left, the Eradicator altered them so they'd die quick without a Kryptonian environment. That's how we got the Daximites.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

frgildan posted:

I think it would be kind of Interesting if they find out everything kind of went to plan and earth 1 Kara is secretly raising baby Kal. Hence why she never chose to become a hero.

The Adventures of Superwoman and Superboy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:golfclap:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Drifter posted:

If the PResident was Linda Carter she was delivering her lines TERRIBLY. It seemed like she was reading off half-complete cards. I know they wanted the President to sound impressive and powerful and wise, but god it was awful listening to her try to speak.

She was basing her cadence and enunciation on Hillary, not to mention style of dress. Didn't really think it was that subtle but here we are.

Also the entire point was "WHY, THE PRESIDENT WAS AN ALIEN ALL ALONG!" which I'm okay with.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mortanis posted:

How does Kara know about Daxam? She left right before Krypton blew, so knowing the exact details of what the explosion did to Daxam seems a bit odd. Same with Hank knowing. I can't imagine it as having been information in Fort Rozz's database either given it was in the Phantom Zone during Krypton's destruction.

Either Braniac/Eradicator/whatever the gently caress her pod's AI was put it in her brain during stasis or, more likely, she just got bored and surfed through Hubble feeds of random galaxies at work.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Drifter posted:

I know they were doing the Hillary/Trump comparisons, but I didn't get that style of speech being Hillary's at all. I still don't see it. I'll take your word for it, though. I guess it makes sense. She still sounded awful.

Hillary has a very similar stilted, unnatural-sounding delivery during speeches. Carter's a decent-to-good actress, so there's no way she'd be that bad at delivery.

I dunno I may just be seeing things that aren't there. v:shobon:v But having sat through all three debates, that's where my mind instantly went.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh, speaking of which, the new cast member is totally Montoya, just with the numbers filed off.

It'd be neat if they ended up making her the Question but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't jive with the world Supergirl presents.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

McSpanky posted:

Maggie Sawyer is an original Superman universe character from the comics. The only things she has in common with Montoya are being gay (which was a change, or at least an addition, to Montoya's initial characterization) and Hispanic (which is a change to Sawyer's in this version) so technically they're meeting each other half way.

Wait, is this the same Maggie that Batwoman was engaged to?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

This is extremely my poo poo. Hopefully her existence on Earth-Supergirl can make up for DC making one of the stupidest loving editorial moves in their existence.

Also I'm split between Alex being "just a badass human agent" and Matrix even though I have no reason to expect the latter :D

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spooky like this! posted:

I kind of feel bad for the actress who played Lucy because she went from semi-regular as a smart military lawyer to guest starring on No Tomorrow as Xavier's weekly bone where her entire part was being sexed up and barely dressed.

She's very pretty in a full JAG outfit tho :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

She should be her wife, since they can't get married in the comics.

God drat right.

"Batwoman's not embargoed, right? This is Earth-Supergirl, so we're doing an alternate take on the character. Now kindly gently caress off."
-The writers to DC Editorial, I hope

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

You know what I also forgot? DEO was a big deal in the Batwoman comics as well.

Director Bones :getin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How does Melissa Benoist possess so much weapons grade adorable? My sister so wants to be her best friend.

:3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dongattack posted:

How does supergirl and superman know how much force to use when they are walking to avoid making earthquakes and huge holes in the ground?? Do you think they have super-colons and have to watch how hard they poop so they don't wreck the toilet?

edit: theoretically do you think superman could poop so hard he hurts himself?

Serious answer: The sun also gives them the ability to micromanage every aspect of their body and they have to constantly be careful not to do too much. There was a JLU episode where Dr. Destiny made Superman have a nightmare where he didn't have that level of control and crushed Jimmy Olson to death on accident. :haw:

Comedy answer: A closet full of toilets at both residences

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

J'onn is so happy at meeting another Martian.

Prrrrrrobably not gonna be so happy when he finds out she's a White Martian.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's not a guess, that's what it is

Yeah. Now that the storyline made it official: In the comics, Miss Martian is a White Martian by race and pretends to be a Green Martian so people don't flip their poo poo. She's actually pretty nice and sunny but, y'know, race known for war crimes and all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

In the Young Justice cartoon they made it a bit of a transgender-analogue. Did the comics do the same or was she just green to hide rather than "this is who I feel I really am"?

Nah, she had a constant fear she was going to go full on White Martian one day and wreck everyone's poo poo. With that being said, it's interesting how the White Martians are depicted as asexual but built like human males, regardless of gender.

Also in fine CW tradition here are my top three relationships in this show

3. Wynn/Mon-El (bromance only)
2. Alex/Mags
1. Kara/Ice Cream

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
seriously tho kara/ice cream is a hot enough couple you could just

:cool:

melt

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pan Dulce posted:

I thought I was crazy, I was getting those vibes too. Those are probably not written in though, just the actresses and natural chemistry.

There's not many ways you can take "hey want to get a drink :shobon:" followed by a look of crushing disappointment after she blows her off for her woman.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

supergirl no why did you kill that snake

irlZaphod posted:

My expectations were low considering it was a Fight Club episode, but it was pretty fun.

I'm really surprised they actually brought in Roulette, although in retrospect I shouldn't be. She keeps popping up in DC media, and it's weird, because she's such a B tier villain.

Actually it's so they can blatantly set up superhero vs. superhero fights so never mind. :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kraps posted:

I'm not seeing Kara/Lena at all and hope it doesn't happen.

prrrrrrrrrretty sure it's sarcasm

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

The actual Guardian effects are not too bad but the helmet needs like seven revisions. And I still think the writing for this plot continues to be the weakest part of the season. It practically feels like the actors are having to improv most of it to fill in the awkward moments. Which is, like, every moment.

It's Steel. He's totally Steel. I mean, I know Guardian is a character, but he's a tall muscular black dude in an outfit literally made of steel and lead. Maybe they'll keep the New Superhero Name thing, but I really want them to just start calling him Steel.

Also loving hell, Alex finally gets the guts to come out and she's immediately shot down. Poor gal. That was brutal to watch. :smith:

e: On the other hand John Henry Irons loving owns, and if we can get both, I'm down as heck.

e2: gently caress it let's get the GL John Stewart while we're at it. DC's shows are really good with POC superheroes and I want a Green Lantern goddammit.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 15, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

xeria posted:

Guessing that there will be some incompatibility given his hand was shaking at the end of that scene. No one knows she's a white Martian anyway.

Alternatively he just got literally all his Martian blood sucked out of him by Parasite so maybe he's just weakened by that.

Guess we'll find out soon!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

The synopsis of next week's episode:
While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman.

so, yes.

Man, it's about to get really weird for J'onn J'onzz to be wearing Hank Henshaw's face.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

To be honest, I am invested in her story more than anything else on the show right now. Because it's the only thing that I can relate to personally. She's treated so much better than Sarah Lance who's sexy times seem to be comic relief more than anything else.

I am totally emotionally invested in Alex right now, because you can tell she's CRAZY about Mags, even before she came out, and didn't stop to consider that it was more than being "straight" that kept them from a relationship. Like I said earlier, she got shot down HARD by her very first gal, and just a day or two after the emotional turmoil of coming out. Maggie putting her hand over her mouth in horror as she realized what just happened really sold the loving gut punch. She knows exactly what it's going to do to her, and there's nothing she can do to stop it.

I hope the two of them do end up together since they made an incredibly cute couple really on, but Mags doesn't really owe her anything, and it's gonna get real awkward working with her girl crush. :smith: Still, both Wynn and James sacked up and handled that poo poo like adults, so I'm hopeful this doesn't go any more sideways than it has.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was thinking about Bizarro Supergirl - has there been any word whether Maxwell Lord will reappear as a guest star or something this season?

Are Non and Indigo still alive?

Non is real real dead IIRC. Indigo was ripped apart by J'onn, but since she's a Braniac Girl-Bot she could've uploaded a backup of herself somewhere or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
They really should've used the word gynoid in her episodes.

People don't use the word gynoid enough.

Gynoid.