Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

irlZaphod posted:

Mon-El's power is being really handsome and dreamy.

If it helps at all, Arrow and Legends have been way better than Flash this season.

They were also better than Flash last season, though that says more about how much of a trainwreck Flash season two was than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Koirhor posted:

Completely disagree cannot watch Arrow due the propensity of Felicity crytalking through every scene

There was basically nothing good about Flash s2. It was THAT bad.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like how that dude gave a speech in full villain garb at the end. It makes no sense that those people would be able to take him seriously.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xelkelvos posted:

So basically Barry, Thawne, and Nora loving with the timeline accelerated the Crisis further. Got it.

By about five and a half years, apparently.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TwoPair posted:

*edit: oh and the obvious finale is that the president is either evil or controlled in case the Trump metaphor was somehow too subtle.

At least that would explain how that dude managed to become Alien President's VP.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

pile of brown posted:

Did we know that dude with the image inducer has been working for lex all along? I remember him radicalizing Lockwood at the beginning of the season but there was a bunch of stuff in the opening recap I didn't remember, I may have skipped an episode somewhere.

Yeah, that dude was working with Mercy Graves, they're both Lex/Lilian agents.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Majorian posted:

Dear God, writers, stop trying to make this DEO storyline work. It’s irredeemable. Kara should have quit ages ago. Making Haley marginally less abrasive isn’t going to do it.

Yay dad’s back.

She did quit ages ago.

The scenes with J'onn and Martian Dadhunter were incredible this week, and Tessmacher is a fantastic villain. What a great episode.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That was generally a great finale for a pretty awful season. Good on them for signaling early that next season is going to suck too, though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, is that what happened to Speedy? That's a shame.

No, she's off having her own adventures. This was a totally new character introduced this season, at least partly to draw attention to just how lovely Oliver's dad really was.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
If it wasn't for the ending stinger I'd be reasonably excited about where the story's going. I was never super interested in the newsroom aspect of the show, but it's a potentially interesting conflict; the poo poo with Lena, on the other hand, is just predictable and really, really bad.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Tiggum posted:

I'm pretty sure I missed something. They said they were going to show Alex herself (or something like that?) and then there was an NPC who claimed to be her but was played by a different actor? What was going on there?

That's the actress that plays teenage Alex in the flashback episodes.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Tiggum posted:

I was really hoping that Zor-El was going to solve climate change like Mayor Oliver Queen solved gun violence. :allears:

It's complicated though!!!!!!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
This episode really was indicative of how checked out the writers are this season. Just super low effort, no thought put in at all to show history or how key show concepts work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

GreenNight posted:

Welp, 2 out of the 4 DC CW series I watch are over. All that is left is Flash and Legends. I'm okay with that.

Edit: poo poo I forgot about Batwomen. This season has been decent so far.

I strongly recommend you start watching Stargirl.