Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How long until he steals some kryptonite from the DEO? J'onn did nothing wrong by keeping it

They just finished fighting a war against several Kryptonians, he was very justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I can't sperg on aerospace and structural engineering like you guys so I am just going to complain about how different the S logo is on the costumes of Supergirl and Superman. The yellow drop shadow on blue vs the completely yellow backfill is pretty jarring, but the actual S is mostly the same but not quite. These two need to get on the same page and manage their branding.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, can I bring the room down for a minute? The whole breakup with James was so loving stupid. So stupid. I feel like they just filtered raw unrefined CWium into this one single plot.

('Cuz the rest of it was so great)

Will They and Won't They are two sides of a coin that The CW flips every episode for their shows. The glaring thing here is that cutting it off with Olson goes against the fucken life lesson Kara learned from Cat the scene previous.

"So you are saying I should just 'Dive In' professionally and romantically or I won't be living my life?"

"Sure."

"Okay then, so I'll be a reporter and.... non-committal with the man of my dreams? That makes complete sense, right?"

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I'd feel a little better if Cadmus isn't constantly chumping our heroes. Also Superman has poo poo security. I figured the blood was going to go into making the Power Girl clone from JLA, not just smearing it on Cyborg Superman's hand so he can steal Kryptopedia.

Though Batman existing in Supergirl universe is really nifty.

Whats this about Batman? Is Mon-El his ultimate villain? A Superman that can only be killed with the one weapon Batman won't use: Bullets.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

drat it. Now I really want this and am probably not going to get it. They dumped ALL that test tube on his hand.

They did a Bizarro Supergirl last season, doing another clone may seem a little weird. I am a little uncertain what the current status of Bizarro SG is, but Cadmus trying to correct her instead of creating a new clone could work. You don't want to have too many clones running around, use the ones you have already.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Like Winn I instantly said "Oh, that's pretty much a Stargate." The second I saw it. Complete with "Dial Home Device pedistal and DHD Tablet" The aliens kinda reminded me of the Unas but I guess are pretty standard TV alien costume quality.

Winn worrying about being a red shirt then ultimately fighting a lizard alien with a rock makes me think they cut out a line referring to Kirk fighting the Gorn.

Alex stuff continues to be great and when it isn't great it very clearly isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

Mr 'Bullets are my Kryptonite' wants to be a super hero. Does Kara realize how much she gets shot at? I guess most human heroes don't like being shot but those ones generally don't model themselves after and get trained by Supergirl/Man.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Vietnamwees posted:

Jesus Mon-El got a lot of basic Earth stuff wrong.

"We're saving up for a trip to Paris City!"

"Oh yeah, that is against our religion from our MANY Gods"

Him (it was him right?) yelling "Start the Car! Start the car!" as they ran to the Stargate was funny but it seemed like too human of a joke for him to be making considering how clueless to human culture they play him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

OB_Juan posted:

I think he picked the line up from watching TV. Maybe he doesn't know what a car is, but he knows you have to start it to get out of a bad spot.

In my mind he got it from an over played Ikea commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWCLw75XnE