Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

CaptainCaveman posted:

I don't think he was from this Earth, remember Supergirl had never heard of The Flash.

Yep. I don't think anything's been confirmed though. I suppose it's possible that they might retcon Jay's Earth-3 and Supergirl's world to be the same place and just ignore what she said but I'd hope not. Fingers crossed it's confirmed as Earth-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aquasnake posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that. Power armor absorbing the blows I can buy, getting decked in the unarmored side of the face, not so much.

This seems to be something superhero fiction just goes with. It was in Spider-Man 2 as well - Spidey punches Doc Ock right in the face with super-strength several times and he just tanks it despite his only "powers" being the mechanical arms.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but Spidey's a good guy so it's conceivable he pulls his punches.

The cyborgs were actually trying to kill them.

I think that's actually official canon - Spidey does hold back - but he pulls his punches to knock them out rather than kill them. Otto being able to just shrug him off makes no sense, but it's mostly acceptable. The other options would have been for Spidey to one-shot him with the movie being half as long, or choreograph their fights so that Spidey literally never gets past the arms.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Given that there are no kryptonians on earth 1, we can only assume that Earth 1 is a dimension where krypton never blew up (or hasn't blown up yet) therefore kara would still be there. Or krypton blew up but they were sent to some other planet to be safe.

Speaking of which, I've never understood why such a highly advanced spacefaring race would only have 2 survivors. Did they not have colonies on other planets? Kryptonians living/working/visiting other planets? There were aliens from numerous species in that prison, so there was clearly a lively exchange of interstellar traffic. The galaxy should be littered with kryptonian refugees.

I think a lot of the recent incarnations have a thing about the Kryptonians having been a really stagnant, isolationist bunch towards the end.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

In the next crossover, the Earth-1 heroes need to go to Earth-38, and Alex and Diggle need to become inseparable combat-bros.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

The guys is well busy, he also directed my fav episode of The Almighty Johnsons.

So that's not just another name for Spartacus?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

I think it was more that it shamed Kara. Not that she suddenly likes him but that she really doesn't know him at all because she is as dense as lead.

Edit: not as dense as Barry Allen, but still.

Does this make Alex Bizarro-Kara since she can see right through her?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Kryptonite needle.

Or she got them pierced in that Kryptonite room from last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

He does have that face.

Also, Saturn Girl was pretty ineffective, right? I guess she's telekinetic instead of telepathic in this version, but throwing weights was just dumb. Use your telekinesis to grab the bad guy and fling her around, not to toss the equivalent of tiny styrofoam peanuts at her.

Eh, sometimes I feel like we're supposed to assume that telekinesis only works on inanimate objects. And she was up against Reign - 90% of the time, being able to send multiple dense many-pound weights into your opponent's face at high speed would be an awesome power.