Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This episode was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Stunt Rock posted:

Which Eobard?

The one that isn't Harry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm glad that this week's episode was as fun as it was. I was concerned that it'd lose something without Clark, but removing him allowed the new characters time to shine!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So the Kevin Smith episode is going to be titled Supergirl Lives.

Just a joke reference, or a hint of things to come?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked how Alex didn't just immediately go "poo poo I'm gay" and instead kinda talked in circles around it. Felt more honest, and like how I felt about it when I realized.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This dashed my dream of having Jeremiah Danvers be Cyborg Superman, alas.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's Ice Cream's sister, Vegan Ice Cream.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He said it himself; he's Mr. Mxyzptlk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Licarn posted:

Wait, Winn didn't know about Alex and Maggie? Are we really supposed to believe he doesn't read tumblr?

presumably he got tumblr savior to block the whole Clanvers stuff after being turned down.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

WarLocke posted:

Also I finally found out exactly how you're supposed to pronounce that name.

Gilbert Gottfried already showed you how to pronounce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWuVMmL8Q_8

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Aleph Null posted:

And, actually, she is bisexual. But Time Lesbian rolls off the tongue better.

Let's split the difference: Captain Lance: Timesexual

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Superman is too busy blogging "Manhell hate" on his tumblr.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Vietnamwees posted:

A little off-topic, but after the multiple crossovers between Supergirl and The Flash, and learning that both Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin were both on the show Glee, I decided to start watching Glee again to really try to see what all the hubbub was about, and I just got to Grant Gustin's first appearance, and I didn't realize that Grant Gustin was a Warbler, or that he was interested in Darren Criss immediately. Haven't seen Melissa Benoist on Glee yet.

The more you know, I guess.

You are way past the point where Glee stops being good. Watch the Season 3 premiere to meet Benoist, and the tribute to Cory Monteith, and then stop.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Glee was good for 13 episodes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EcjW-O6APg

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Which is a dumb argument. Bi people are allowed to have preferences.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Apparently it was confirmed to be Reign.
https://www.supermanhomepage.com/supergirl-season-3-reign-legion-ring-and-cat-grant/
Grain of salt and whatnot.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm sad because they had the perfect opportunity to have Hank being reconstructed to look like Jeremiah and insistent that he's superman now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

irlZaphod posted:

e: Was there a BTS reason why Max Lord never came back? Was it the move to Vancouver?

Probably a combo of the move to Vancouver and them wanting to distance Alex from the straight romance they had hinted at in Season 1.

In unrelated news, tumblr is blowing up because of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLU58Adtd4

Betcha can't guess where they get real mad.

It's comedy gold.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, they are really mad at Melissa Benoist and Jeremy Jordan.

Chris Wood too, but that's not a new thing.

I'd have more material to laugh at but unfortunately most of it is just gifs of quotes out of context, and since they're the only ones who care it's hard to find the source videos out of the like 30-40 videos they did that day.

8one6 posted:

Just checking the comments... What the gently caress is "Supercorp"?

The Kara/Lena ship name.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 24, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly it's quite a lovely situation all around, because even if tumblr had a legit point at the beginning (I could see where they were coming from, honestly, even if I disagree with them), their overreacting has basically just turned them into a thing of mockery outside their little echo chambers.

The actors are all mad at all the hate that they (Benoist especially) are getting, and Jeremy Jordan had to apologize multiple times because they didn't accept his first apology.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah I especially don't envy Chris Wood because he's had the brunt of their anger all last season.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Is there a place to read the publicist's response? I couldn't find it, but everywhere I was looking was talking about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly, it just felt kinda mean to the fans who choose to believe that Kara and Lena would be really good together.

Like, Supernatural was brought up before, but Supernatural is a much different case because while they do mock the poo poo out of the shippers, they do so in a nice way. The best analogy I can think of is that Supernatural treated its fans like Galaxy Quest treated Trekkies.

This video had Jeremy Jordan scream right into the screen "YOUR SHIP ISN'T HAPPENING EVER," and if I was a shipper, I'd find that off-putting and stop watching Supergirl too.

That said, I found the publicist's email and I think it's super sketchy. They cut off any information to make it look like anything but a word document.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Aleph Null posted:

But, it is never happening because neither of the characters are written as gay or bi. It is never happening. it is never happening. Unless they find pink kryptonite.

There is absolutely a difference between a thing not happening and an actor from the show yelling about how a thing isn't happening in a promotional video.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

McSpanky posted:

Yes clearly, my research paper in the Journal of Portentous Longing Glances should pass peer review by the next publication quarter.

Can't wait to read it on AO3.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FactsAreUseless posted:

They want to have lesbian-style sex on/with each other.

Jeremy Jordan apparently disagrees.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There were people who cared about it. I didn't, but I read a bunch of recaps from people who did.

"I didn't care about it." does not mean "Nobody cared about it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xealot posted:

Did they explain where Superman was? You’d think something called a “world killer” would get his attention.

Last time he stepped in uninvited, he was brainwashed and forced to fight Kara.

The time before, Kara got super mad at him for stepping in uninvited.

I don't begrudge him not coming by unless Kara asks him for help.