Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

This episode was so much better without the weird CW romantic subplot with James. He only came out for 5 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I still have no idea why y'all call him Small Superman. Hoechlin is 6'0''. Mehcad Brooks is 6'3''. :confused:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rumor has it Barbara Gordon may make it on the show, though whether she'll be Oracle or Batgirl is still up in the air.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I kind of assumed since Kryptonians were supposed to be the "super-nerds" they figured out what would happen to Daxam and just didn't give a poo poo about warning them, since they hated the denizens of it anyway.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Half expected The Ginger Torch to be Starfire.

They mentioned the waitress learned the language by touching the dorsum of the tongue and all I could think about was Starfire kissing Robin on Teen Titans and learning English.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

poo poo's about to get cuter the next arc of the season. There's going to be a musical crossover with Flash. Music Meister, you think? They're begging Neil Patrick Harris to reprise his Brave and the Bold role as Music Meister.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

If ice cream doesn't make another guest appearance soon I fear Kara/Lena may just win out. :allears:

I thought I was crazy, I was getting those vibes too. Those are probably not written in though, just the actresses and natural chemistry.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

There's not many ways you can take "hey want to get a drink :shobon:" followed by a look of crushing disappointment after she blows her off for her woman.

No, he mentioned Kara/Lena. With Alex, they're about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Winn feels like the Cisco in the group: there to be funny and smart, and really, that's enough for the audience because he's amazing at it.

Also, new ship: Mon-El/Red Vines.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Supers just really like food.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a Gif of Kara hearing Mon-El having sex? I loved how disgusted and freaked out she was at that.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Bonus: She did the same thing with Winn last season too:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Kara is totally owning Barry in whatever they're playing, and not really trying.

The show she's on is owning more than his. It just makes sense.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Here's hoping that they took Supergirl's blood so that they can make PowergirlGalatea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nque-CKoFk

EDIT: God drat I always forget how brutal this fight was.

drat it. Now I really want this and am probably not going to get it. They dumped ALL that test tube on his hand.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Knormal posted:

Wasn't there Kryptonite around her cage? There was some kind of green lighting, I assumed that was what they were going for.

Nope. Mon-El just says it's Thanagarian Nth metal, impervious to feats of strength. Although, between this refrence and the Thanagarian bits in season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow, maybe we'll get some sort Thanagarian invasion.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Are we going to talk about the crossover here too, considering Supergirl's in all three other series? I just got a look and drat, I'm so glad the writers of Supergirl aren't the team doing Flash. For that matter, the same applies for the special effects crew. Her fight scenes were basically her standing with a wind machine pointed at her hair.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

All of this makes me wonder if they're going to keep his name as Mon-El or if they're going to go full-comics and say his actual name is Lar Gand and just tweak it a little by saying he's the Daxamite prince.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I think they wrote it off because there wasn't much chemistry. I think they handle minorities fairly well on the show.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

The first season has a solid amount of :ughh:

Some of the outfits are hilariously stupid.

None so horrible as the Red Tornado episode. Dude looked like a can of red tomatoes spray painted with some red glitter.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Oh no, I remember even with CGI, different lighting, and in movement, this poo poo was irredeemable.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm looking forward to the next crossover. It's going to be Flash, so that disappointing, as Arrow seems to need a little more brightness and levity, but it IS a musical, so with people from Glee and Broadway singers, I'm expecting good things.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

KaraCream is still the best.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Kara has a bit of that messiah complex going on in regards to super crime fighting belonging to superpowered people (or I guess the DEO). I kinda want a Arrow/Supergirl crossover just for Ollie to go up against her (with adequate preptime on his end) for whatever reason. Also did she forget about "The Detective" in Gotham?

Man, I love how Flash gets brighter with the crossovers, but I'd like to see what they would do by solely focusing on Ollie and his predilection for being wary of unknown variables. I wanted to see more of that the last crossover. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I want to see Wynn interact with Felicity.

...hell, now I want to see how Alex fares against the White Canary. More crossovers please!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Chortles posted:

So basically Maggie being told by Alex not to push down her feelings and then told by Kara to push down her feelings for the sake of Alex's feelings?

I didn't get that message from what happened. I thought Kara was right to tell Maggie that she should consider how her sister feels. A relationship, a healthy one is about considering others AND your own boundaries. If it's important to someone else, both of you should come to a conclusion after talking to one another, not storming in with a surprise Valentine's Day or by yelling and running away.

The show handled that well in the end and you got to see the process to get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Reciprocated in a later episode.

EDIT: Also in that episode and equally as mesmerizing:

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 25, 2017