Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kefkafloyd posted:

Wynn's working for the US Government now, he'll get a sweet pension that'll blow that IRA away.

<insert NORAID joke here>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Slayer posted:

Seriously, that's the most disturbing thing I've read all year, and I've been following the election pretty closely.

You know we're gonna keep the Phantom Zone open, and we're gonna load it up with some bad dudes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're probably just trying to evoke the feel of the DCAU where Metallo's shirt (and synthetic skin) were always ripped exactly the same way every time he showed up. :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The villains of the crossover are going to be the Dominators, right? Presumably, for Supergirl, that'll end up creating some sort of public anti-alien hysteria which will cause problems for the rest of this season.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

This made me rewatch the death of Turpin and ya done made me cry.

In the end, the world doesn't need a super man. :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pan Dulce posted:

I thought I was crazy, I was getting those vibes too. Those are probably not written in though, just the actresses and natural chemistry.

It's my understanding that the most popular ship in season one was actually Kara/Cat.

howe_sam posted:

I also think his characterization of Winn is rooted in the first half of season one, but whatever.

Winn is now "What if Barry Allen was the team's Cisco?" in my mind. :D

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when the cast of Glee were nominated for a Grammy?

Best Pop Performance by Duo or Group with Vocals.

They lost to "Hey Soul Sister".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's been about a year since Jeb! Bush announced that he thought Supergirl was hot, hasn't it?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Maxwell Lord back this season at all?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think it starts in Flash, then he goes over to Supergirl's Earth to bring her back to help.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mortanis posted:

are we getting Eradicator also?

I think Barry Allen is appearing in the next episode, yes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Season 6 of Supergirl's almost certainly going to have a Darkseid playing hangman with Metron to work out the Anti-Life Equation, and he gets stuck on "B A R R _ A L L E _".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neon Knight posted:

They did a Bizarro Supergirl last season, doing another clone may seem a little weird. I am a little uncertain what the current status of Bizarro SG is, but Cadmus trying to correct her instead of creating a new clone could work. You don't want to have too many clones running around, use the ones you have already.

I was thinking about Bizarro Supergirl - has there been any word whether Maxwell Lord will reappear as a guest star or something this season?

Are Non and Indigo still alive?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Non is real real dead IIRC. Indigo was ripped apart by J'onn, but since she's a Braniac Girl-Bot she could've uploaded a backup of herself somewhere or something.

I thought I'd read some comment about how Non getting blasting in the face with Supergirl's heat vision had left him brain damaged so that if he appeared again he would be mute, brutish Non from Superman II. I can't remember when I read that, though. :shrug:

I was sure I'd seen some season two trailer with Indigo in it but it might have just been footage from season one.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

The only thing that made me go "ugggh" in that trailer was Wild Dog. Everything else looks awwwwweesoooooommmmme!

I thought Felicity going "Best team-up ever!" at the end was a bit :rolleyes:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but if Kara said it everyone would be posting squee and glomp and hugglesnutch.

You racists disgust me.

I don't know what the second and third words mean. :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know what would be pretty cool? If it turned out that when Supergirl said, "My cousin sometimes works with a crime-fighter who uses gadgets," she was actually talking about Batgirl, who on her Earth is Iris West, and Joe is commissioner of the Gotham City police. I know it'll never happen but I think that would be a fun twist. :D

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Bring in Starfire and Raven so Kara can have some super powered gal pals.

Natasha Irons would be a great character for this show.

No doubt she'd keep making oblique references to "my uncle", though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've just thought it would have been a lot cooler if Jimmy had become Steel rather than Guardian.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think he can fly or use any heat/x-ray/etc. vision powers either.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did the mad scientist guy get a name? I didn't notice if he did.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wonder if we'll ever see Terra-Man. :v:

Manchester Black must surely be guaranteed eventually.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Noticed a short glimpse of Luthor's green and purple battle suit (probably no need to spoiler that but I haven't seen it being discussed ITT yet) in the trailer for the next episode, so that will hopefully be fun.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aleph Null posted:

Elvis Presley had a black belt.

What did he have a black belt in? :confused:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haha, you learn something new every day.

Did William Shatner also have a black belt in something? I feel like I've heard he did.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

They need to reveal in Supergirl's universe, the West's are the Gordons and Jim is Commissiar Gordon and Iris is Babs.

Haha, I remember suggesting something similar in the Flash thread. It'd be really fun if the Arrow and Flash characters had Earth S counterparts for us to see. :D

Don't even have to have the names, either. Jay Garrick is Henry Allen's doppelganger, after all.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Maxwell Lord was a main villain?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I never read cast lists so I honestly didn't realise until this episode that Lena is played by Katie McGrath. :downs:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

I have to wonder if there was any tension over the fact that the writing staff clearly has no problem filling the script with lefty messages, while Kevin Sorbo is hardcore right-wing.

Dean Cain campaigned for Rick Perry in 2012.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BrianWilly posted:

I suspect Kara will probably get her job back whenever they can wrangle Calista Flockhart back for an appearance. Gotta employ that sweet, sweet nepotism.

It's not even like it was such an outrageous unbelievable story! "Terrorists who have been caught doing terrorism about to do some more, according to person whose job is literally to stop them." She ain't leaking White House phone calls!

It's still just ridiculous that they needed to go to Catco to get this out. Forget even having Supergirl or the military release this information; why can't the police just tell people?

If only Kara and/or James knew or were related to someone who was a respected journalist who worked for a major national newspaper.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is the president in Supergirl still an alien, btw?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wasn't sure because I don't remember her being in it since either the second or third episode of this season, and wasn't sure if they'd revisited that plot in the meantime and I'd just forgotten. :shrug:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

True, but consider the director of this episode:

Do you think he cries as he directs or does he bottle it all up for the dailies?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You just know they'd just use the New 52 version of Lobo on the CW, though, wouldn't they?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm disappointed that either the Supergirl production folks or the CW network folks have said there's no plans to feature doppelgangers of Earth 1 characters on Supergirl, because I remain very attached to the idea of Supergirl visiting Gotham City where she meets Jim and Barbara Gordon and they're the Earth 38 versions of Joe and Iris. I think that would be fun. :D

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't the cast of Glee nominated for a Grammy at one point or am I confusing it with a different award?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I could've sworn they were somehow nominated for "Best New Artist" but it probably wasn't the Grammy Awards. Maybe something like the Billboard awards (they give out an award for "Biggest Fans" which I have no idea what it means).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

Mon-El is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

He'd better hope so!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's really odd in retrospect how Felicity only shows up about two thirds through season one then becomes the main character in seasons three and (I am told) four. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bentacos posted:

She shows up for the first time in the third episode of the series.

Really? I don't doubt you but I reckon she must have put in an early appearance or two then not come back until later in the season. In any event, I really can't remember her actually being a significant character until late season one.