Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I kind of hate how this season's thesis seems to be that Kara can't be Supergirl and Kara Danvers. It feels like a variation on the old "women can't have it all" chestnut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

A ruptured Achilles isn't a minor injury.

muscles like this! posted:

Didn't she become a blogger back in like season 2 or something like that?

Very briefly when Snapper Carr refused to publish a story she wanted to run.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At first I thought Lex was just spinning a story about going to the future, but apparently he did? Uh okay.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Huh, well :rip: William

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I have really lost track of what the ever-changing alien metaphor is now. Like, it was immigrants, and then maybe LBGTQ people, and now I think they're using Esme being an alien as a thing about special needs children? gently caress this is all dumb.

edit: Also, gently caress's sake writers, if you're working with COVID restrictions, don't set a scene in a nightclub.
Wasn't Lena able to score them a private room at the hottest nightclub in town? That was why it had to be that night.

And I think the thesis of the show is that alien is just a stand in for being othered in all its many forms, and rejecting that is the goal. It's basic as hell because the alien and other are essentially synonymous, but that's Supergirl for you, heart on its sleeve, broad brush in hand.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I got potstickers with dinner tonight.

The show's tried its damndest, but I still don't see Nyxly as the biggest threat Kara's ever faced.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kara only realized stealing the sun's power was a terrible idea seconds before the transfer was finished? Yeeeesh.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress Yeah, Cat Grant.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's a spectacular outfit Brainy is wearing, and good call having Kara and Winn sing one last time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I still think Kara ditching her secret identity is dumb. But lol at Cat finally telling Kira she knows.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I won't belabor the point about Kara's secret identity because who wants that. On the whole I think they stuck the landing for the characters very well.

Fare thee well Supergirl, you were an astonishingly uneven show, but you had your moments.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

My recollection is that William was talking about his grandmother, which fits, broadly, with Staz Nair's actual heritage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The CW's been running generic promos for all their shows this year, so what you're seeing is the set up for the season as a whole and not the next episode.