Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nine-gear crow posted:

So, wait, does this mean that Ray is getting the ATOM suit back in time for the crossover? :confused:

That or it's just a recognizable look for the photo shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Is there a higher-def image? I'm curious what Amell and Routh are reading.

You get a better glimpse of the cover in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtkE0a8fhk and it's Robinson Crusoe I believe

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

We need more drunk Kara.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am not mad that this climate change denier just got killed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Uh...did Winn know Superman is Clark Kent?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

For tv that was really good CG on Parasite.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So when Winn said James would become someone else when he put on the suit, how many people filled in something else?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

R-Type posted:

I'm still peeved over the whole nuclear power plant sequence. I guess if you can assume the writers are going for the 80's Christopher Reeve movie era logic - it works just fine in that context.

It's pretty much how Superman beat him the first time in the cartoon, only there he used a chunk of kryptonite, but same basic deal

And they handled that so much better than the do on The Flash. Kara was so apologetic that she had to blow him up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mortanis posted:

We're getting actual Cyborg Superman, right?

The synopsis of next week's episode:
While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman.

so, yes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Well, CADMUS does have Alex's father as a hostage and implied they were using him as a test subject, so it's possible. Really though, I suspect it's just another excuse to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show. Because god please we need more excuses to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show.

Kreisberg specifically said that's not happening in the article I linked earlier.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So Cyborg Superman won't be Dean Cain.
e: looking at the credits reserving judgement.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 22, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They just straight up called him Cyborg Superman :laffo:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hi there Jeremiah, so what twisted thing did Cadmus do to you?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Most people also wouldn't know who Cat Grant's assistant is.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

First season after the switch to The CW and man the teenage drama has already run rampant, even for a SciFi show about aliens. Mon-El clearly has a thing for Kara, Alex has all her drama with coming out gay and with her possible love interest Maggie Sawyer. That's not what I want to watch! I just want to see Supergirl smash the bad guys, that's it! Plus what the hell happened to Mon-El on Daxxom that he's been keeping secret!?

Did you even watch last season? If anything the soap opera aspect was even more pronounced.

And Mon-El either is the prince, or stepped over the prince to get in the pod.

twistedmentat posted:

I'd feel a little better if Cadmus isn't constantly chumping our heroes. Also Superman has poo poo security. I figured the blood was going to go into making the Power Girl clone from JLA, not just smearing it on Cyborg Superman's hand so he can steal Kryptopedia.

Though Batman existing in Supergirl universe is really nifty.

They kind of hinted that Batman was around last season as well. And Superman just assumes nobody else can lift the big loving key.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Anyway, I felt like I was watching an episode of Arrow during the Guardian plot, and I don't particularly approve.

It doesn't help that Arrow did almost this exact story with Vigilante last week. Also, a fist fight between a dude holding a shield, and another with a machine gun strapped to his arm looks janky as all hell.

Hollismason posted:

Uh, it's pretty much shown in flashback that he was with the Prince and the Prince was like " I'm dying with my people" and Mon El was like " Peace out"
Right, but that's the story Kara knows and clearly there's something else going on. I'm saying that maybe the prince wasn't actually so self-sacrificing, and Mon-El stabbed him in the back or something to escape.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 22, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Indigo was ripped apart by J'onn, but since she's a Braniac Girl-Bot she could've uploaded a backup of herself somewhere or something.

I feel like they even said in the episode that she'll eventually pull herself back together.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE1sMWu-LEA Clip from next week's episode. Alex looks pretty drunk.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Alex stealing that bottle of whiskey out of the freezer :laffo:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Poor Kelex :(

Uh, wouldn't the virus recognize humans as aliens?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"I'm turning into a White Martian" is such a goddamn cheesy line, but also so right.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well isn't that convenient.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CISCO!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The producers (if not the marketing people) were super upfront about how little this episode of Supergirl had to do with the event as a whole.

Also, Mon-El as the prince of Daxim theory confirmed?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why was Alex stitching up Maggie instead of a doctor?

Alex has a degree in bio-something or other, that's close enough to an MD

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

All I want is Red Daughter of Krypton storyline someday.

I guess if you're going to borrow a storyline from New52 Supergirl that would be one of them.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Eh, it worked out better this way. I like Supergirl living in basically the Donner Superman world without having to retcon some "oh yeah, there was always a god living in Metropolis, we just never bothered to mention him" bullshit into Arrow and Flash.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's the little prance she does as she's absconding with the whiskey that sells it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Granted, for TV shows that's a REALLY low bar to clear. But good on 'em all the same.

I mean, I know nothing about Ali Adler's personal story, but this is a topic she's got some familiarity with. Hey, diversity in the writer's room pays off!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Winding down? This was episode 8 of 22!

Last night's episode was apparently the midseason finale, no new Supergirl until next year. :(

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Agreed. Remember when Barry popped over last year? He was infinitely more enjoyable than on his own show. It says a lot for the main Supergirl writers.

That's because Barry didn't have to carry any of the drama of the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kraps posted:

I'm not sure why they didn't give the "looks like my cousin" joke to Supergirl where it would have made more sense, giving it to Routh, while funny, was like someone trying to wink but they end up blinking both eyes repeatedly.

Because it was funnier coming from the person we didn't expect to make the comparison.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

bou posted:

I don't gooncam very often, but i just had to conserve her "Yup, i just banished your rear end to antarctica"-face :angel:

She really is the best part of the whole DC:CW enterprise. :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At least we have Mister Mxyzptlk to look forward to next year.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

How much of the tv rights to Batman does fox hold anyway?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kraps posted:

Guh I just thought up a whole fanfic of Supergirl meeting Batgirl this morning, why can't we have Batgirl, Gotham exists.

:hfive:

I don't even particularly care which batgirl. Babs, Cass or Steph would all be cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That poster owns.

The show's back Monday :neckbeard:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Alex :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013