Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

looking forward to Superman dying in tonight's episode and never appearing on this show again because that was the only way the film side would allow TV to use him

God, I hope BvS and Suicide Squad critically faceplanting and blowing up the public good will towards the DCCU convinced WB to pull the stick out of its rear end and let the Arrowverse do whatever the hell it wants to do again.

That would be sweet :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"I'm gonna punch you in the face now :haw:"

I'm really regretting writing this show off in the first season after the pilot. Gonna have to go back and watch it on DVD to get caught up because it's fun as poo poo right now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

The shirt-melting kryptonite beams were pretty goofy, though

It's on the CW now, they need to meet their Shirtless Dudes quota like all the other Arrowverse shows do too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

How you gonna put a photographer in charge of the whole company smdh.

Cat got really drat drunk one night, tacked a random slate of employees' photos to the wall and tossed a dart at them. When the dart missed and hit a calendar instead, she ran over, puked on Jimmy's desk and said "gently caress it, you're hired."

SUPERGIRL!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

"See now if the bullets don't work, right, why the punching? I've never understood that."

Best line of the night. Tyler Hoechner is an awesome Superman.

I don't know if Hoechlin's happy boy scout Superman is a direct response to Henry Cavill's lovely dour Superman, but thank god either way. That's how you do Superman.

That first scene with Clark is the prefect way to explain away having such a gee wilikers golden age character in a more cynical modern setting, just call it out and move on.

:manning:: "Your attitude is terribly outmoded and not realistic in the slightest."
:haw: "Well, that's just the way I am. Deal with it. UP UP AND AWAY!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

If they waste their opportunity to have Tyler Hoechlin, Dean Cain, and Brandon Routh share a scene then I don't know why they even bother making television.

If at least Hoechlin and Routh don't have a scene together this year during the mega-crossover, than the entire season of the entire Arrowverse has been a miserable failure :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It'll be Winn. He will date a robot AND an alien.

Winn will build a robot and then date it :eng101:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pyroi posted:

The fake president is obviously whatever a DC Skrull is, and the real president is Wonder Woman.

Please, let's have at least two characters in the Arrowverse reprise their previous hero roles.

Now that I think about it, something like that would be the most "ha hah gently caress you" solution to the Batman problem the shows sort of have dangling in the background. Bruce Wayne exists in the Arrowverse, but he's oldass man Bruce Wayne played by Adam West. He's just living his life as a quiet retired old billionaire and his Batman days are long behind him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

LOL, the show moves to the CW and they introduce Daxam, a planet of bad boys.

This show needs more of Winn and Mon-El being hilarious together though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Glee should have ended like three years before it actually did. I stopped watching it long before Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin ever appeared on it, so when it was pointed out to me that they were on Glee my reaction was like "what, as background extras?"

I recently broke down and watched like the final 5 episodes of it on Netflix just out of morbid curiosity and it was like the most uncomfortable sit I've ever experienced as various characters cropped back up and I was slowly reminded much Glee ruined all these peoples' lives and careers :barf:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mon El eating that huge stack of pancakes was is great.

Fixed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Really, Jimmy's been kind of redundant to Supergirl since the start. I'd rather see Winn and Mon-El become a secret superhero duo. Jimmy's just Iris West with like a quarter of the charm and even then I'm really underselling it because ever since late Season 1 Flash, Iris has been kind of amazing :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Everything is awful today, except the cover of this week's EW

I have said repeatedly that the Arrowverse is basically a group of friends who all really like each other and get together every once and a while to trade stories about what awesome poo poo they did last week that you're not gonna believe. It really it an uplifting treat at times.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's absolutely beyond hilarious that even with aliens, hypertech, and superpowers, a female President remains the most unrealistic thing on television :suicide:

e: more appropriate smilie

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So, wait, does this mean that Ray is getting the ATOM suit back in time for the crossover? :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh, cool, The Thing just broke out on Supergirl.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"DEO Speedwagon"

:allears: Wynn has become Cisco and it's great.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah, that was incredibly lovely Maggie. What the gently caress?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Barry Allen is appearing in the next episode, yes.

Not the next one, but the one after that (Nov. 28th), and only for like the final scene of that episode. Barry and Cisco apparently just swoop in at the last second to recruit Kara for the Arrowverse crossover. That said, we are getting a pair of proper Flash/Supergirl crossover episodes later in the season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

This is what I'm assuming is going to happen anyways.

Well, CADMUS does have Alex's father as a hostage and implied they were using him as a test subject, so it's possible. Really though, I suspect it's just another excuse to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show. Because god please we need more excuses to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Keeping her identity a secret hardly seems to be a priority. I saw backstage photos from the DEO set and there was a locker with "K. Danvers"...

Plus, basically everyone in her life is some sort of amazing badass, or is one degree of separation away from amazing badasses, so it's not like that whole "I'm protecting the people I love" excuse really holds water either. Like, basically the only people in the world that don't know she's Supergirl are the Luthors and Snapper (because, let's be real here, Cat totally loving knows she Supergirl, she's just been angling for Kara to confirm it for her).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

She's a reporter now because this show is pretty much a rule 63 Superman story. Down to them replicating the Luthor dynamic from Smallville of all places with Lena and her mother instead of Lex and his dad.

Not gonna lie, this is really making me wish that they get Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover back in cameos as Lex and Lionel Luthor at some point on the show. I mean, they've brought back Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, Mark Hamill and John Wesley Shipp, so Bertlanti isn't adverse to bringing back old DC TV stars.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tolstoi posted:

Don't you go giving them any ideas now that that Beauty and the Beast show is closing down.

I thought that show was canceled years ago? :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

Please don't be some dream or drug induced sequence. Please!

I think it is. The synopsis of the Arrow episode of the crossover sees Oliver, Thea, Sara, Diggle and Ray getting Matrix'd by the Dominators for a good chunk of it. The trailer kind of confirms that too. Sorry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"More like just a guy I work with."

:drat: Cisco? More like Dis-co! Glad to see they're not putting Cisco still being super pissed at Barry for Flashpoint on the backburner for the crossover.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 29, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That's basically the reason the show is set in a completely different universe from the rest of the Arrowverse. The CBS brass prickishly refused to let the show be a real Arrowverse show--because CBS is run too-to-bottom by greybeard assholes--until public outcry for a crossover got too much and they allowed a one episode deal with The Flash.

Even though the show's on CW now, and is doing phenomenally better for it, it's still dealing with the bullshit hand that CBS dealt it right out of the gate.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Just caught Part 2 of the Crossover event on The Flash. Boy, they really made up for shoving the crossover stuff at the end of Supergirl by assembling the entire Crossover team before the first commercial break on The Flash. Lot of stuff going on from the Flashpoint Paradox though, but I guess that's to be expected.

That whole episode was just :buddy: encapsulated on screen for an hour. Especially the fight between Barry and Kara at the end.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Gonna have to watch all three episodes back to back online tomorrow. That was a fun three hours (and 30 seconds) of televison.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Supergirl's done for the year, but Flash, Arrow, and Legends all have their winter finales this week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here's hoping Kevin Smith directs an episode of Arrow next year and uses his clout to rescue Harley Quinn from the clutches of DC corporate. I mean, they're letting her show up on Gotham, why can't the Arrowverse have her back too?

Also yeah, this episode was just great all over and I can't wait for that musical crossover now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He's got the original (as in Action Comics #1) Superman power set: super strong and super fast, but no flight (or other bullshit Silver Age powers), plus a deathly allergy to lead.

He's flat out stronger than James, but at least James can get shot and keep fighting.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Not going to happen. Jason Momoa is busy. prohibited from appearing on the CW by the DC brass.

:eng101:

Serious Edit: Momoa would, in all honesty be the perfect Lobo, though knowing the CW be careful what you wish for or you might end up with Teen Lobo instead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

what the gently caress is this post

I legit don't know :confused:

Like yeah, Kara has generally been a Barry Allen-level shitbag to most of the people around her post-Invasion crossover, but that's just been spots of crappy writing on a show that is otherwise stellar so far this year.

If anything Kara hilariously shooting down every male that's made a pass at her this year is more about her being a strong, independent feminist character who doesn't need any romantic involvements to function as a person. You know, a positive thing?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 7, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

And that wasn't even a slow news day. The BNL are a national icon in Canada.

Them and the Tragically Hip.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So Kevin Sorbo just all but confirmed that he and Terri Hatcher are playing the King and Queen of Daxam aka Mon-El's parents.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chortles posted:

#1: According to iMDB his name is apparently Demos... no, I don't get it either.

It's a mythology joke. They gave the panicked DEO agent a name that's a homophone for Deimos, the Greek god of fear :eng101:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mortanis posted:

Hopefully we've not put the whole "Kara is upset with James being Guardian" thing to rest and move on.

That seemed to be what they were going for, especially with James acting as an ad hoc DEO agent most of this episode. The thing that stuck out to me though was that I thought Maggie already knew and/or didn't care that he was Guardian. Why did Alex tell him not to tell her? Because she'd arrest him on sight?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tree Dude posted:

I was bothered that her complete disregard of the available evidence was painted as a positive.

Like, the only way I could see Kara being actually in the right there instead of being in the right because she's the main character and the show's reality bending to prove her right is if Lena had been a major character and friends with Kara since early season 1 and her alleged actions with regard to her mother were completely and obviously out of character for her.

Otherwise it's a case of "dude, you've only known her for three months, how can you be sure what's really going on here?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just want to watch Chris Wood and Melissa Benoist to hilariously argue with each other as over the top as they each can muster for all eternity :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah. Mon-El's antics were some of the best parts about that episode. Chris Wood has a surprising gift for comedy and I can't wait to see what he's gonna do in the musical crossover next month.