Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was about to get irrationally pissy if you didn't include the ice cream gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carlosologist posted:

Somewhere, Tom Welling is crying in a corner

GOOD.

I loved this episode! Tiny Clark was awesome! The best Superman! I would be very curious to see how many phone books they had scattered around the set for him to stand on though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, I'm ready for my Friday timeslot Tiny Superman series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

Which earth did they send Grodd to?

Earth 2, Harry is the one that told them about the gorilla city.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

A Fate series based off of the comics would be nice, but at this point there might be a bit of saturation.

I dunno

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tiny Superman is the best Superman. And I adore Wynn fanboying out around him in every scene they had together. Come on CW, give us a Superman series, he's too good to waste.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't even process how much I enjoyed the last two episodes of Supergirl!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Oh wait yeah, what happened with that scene of Small Superman walking and talking with Big Jimmy? Could they not find a way to make Clark look big enough? :saddowns:

To be fair, Jimmy is like 11 feet tall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

I still have no idea why y'all call him Small Superman. Hoechlin is 6'0''. Mehcad Brooks is 6'3''. :confused:

He's Hollywood 6'0". Amell posted pics of them together and is noticeably taller. I met Amell and he's probably only 6'0".

He's TINY.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

Who is it?

Mon-El / Lar Gand / dude from a planet that has powers just like Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dongattack posted:

Is there even a actress these days endowed enough to play Power Girl?

I'm sure they can pad Melissa up enough to make it look crazy enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If they want Power Girl they can do another crossover, have her discovered on Flarrow Earth and then get stuck on Supergirl's Earth. Then she can be the stranger in a strange land like she's so often been in the comics and cause Kara future trouble.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spooky like this! posted:

Matt Ryan says he's always up for more Constantine but he's also super busy with other projects.

The rumor mill says that WB released the show to streaming and now bluray to test the waters on bringing him back on the CW. I am forever hopeful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, my many criticisms of the Constantine show end at Matt Ryan.

Dude IS Constantine the way RDJ owns the Tony Stark role. Shame about...just about everything else in that show though.

There's a scene halfway through the series, John is possessed by a demon and he's in the Mexican prison where he just flips his poo poo and right there Matt owned that role and I wanted ten seasons of that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NEVER

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Selachian posted:

Don't forget Lena + Kara.

Remember, they've said one character is going to reconsider their sexuality this season. I'm pretty sure they're going to hook up Alex and Maggie, but I'm still holding out hope for a gay Supergirl if only because it would make SO many comics nerd heads explode.

She used to date a horse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Linda Carter still looks incredible. Like, whoa.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spooky like this! posted:

I mean that literally

This made me rewatch the death of Turpin and ya done made me cry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How does Melissa Benoist possess so much weapons grade adorable? My sister so wants to be her best friend.

She hugged me WizardWorld!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

drat you, Rhyno. drat YOU! You lucky son of a bitch.

She's SO TINY. We met Chyler Leigh too and she talked to us for way longer.

But having met Melissa it's how I can tell that Tyler Hoechner is not much taller than my tiny as hell self.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

I'm 6'5". I once met Sarah Michelle Gellar at the height of Buffy popularity. I felt like Andre the Giant talking to Rey Mysterio.

I'm 5'8" and Melissa is probably really only 5'4". I met Kirsten Belle like 12 years ago and if she's a hair over 5'1" I'd be shocked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dongattack posted:

edit: theoretically do you think superman could poop so hard he hurts himself?

If I can do it, Superman can do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I did get a serious gay vibe from the scene with Mon-El in the flashback.

Edit: Also, I guess they're phasing Jimmy out? He's barely been in any of the episodes. That might be why they broke off the relationship.

Jimmy appears to be the main focus of the next episode and also there's that dumb Guardian poo poo they are doing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, when I talk poo poo about Glee in the Couch thread people jump my poo poo. But it's for real some of the most toxic television I have ever seen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I know they probably aren't going to do it but I really want Diggle to interact with Supergirl seeing as how he can barely handle the Flash.

His reaction to J'onn in the fight club promo was the best thing this little corner of television has produced to date.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

So, wait, does this mean that Ray is getting the ATOM suit back in time for the crossover? :confused:

Probably. It's a pretty sweet suit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vietnamwees posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the big crossover event is going to be about?

twistedmentat posted:

These guys

The Dominators

In case you missed it, look at what Caity is reading.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still waiting for Ray and Cisco to hang out again, they are my favorite bromance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Drunk Kara might rival ice cream Kara for best Kara overall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the comics, Mon-El is just the name Clark gives him. He eventually remembers his name is Lar Gand and takes the hero name of Valor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Barry Allen is appearing in the next episode, yes.

:golfclap:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Cadmus seems like a good place to fill the show with easter eggs, even if they're never amount to anything.

"Oh here's a ship we found and it had this alien with a ring on in it". "Look at this weird Box we found"

I wish i knew more about Cosmic CD outside of Green Lantern and New Gods stuff. I dunno, Grifters mask? Adam Strange's jetpack?

Kind of like the cabin on Constantine was going to be? We saw Fate's helmet but other artifacts were supposed to show up eventually. Maybe at Cadmus we can see a stuffed and mounted Detective Chimp.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

, I want them to make Lobo look exactly like Simon Bisley drew him.

You asked for this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Smallvile is toxic. If they didn't get Welling, who really loving wanted the gig, they won't go after anyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was then. Now he has no career. He was campaigning on twitter for the gig, he kept posting gym pics wearing an S shirt and saying "getting ready to suit up!"

He deleted most if them the day Tiny Clark was cast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

That's what happens when you contemptuously throw away the biggest role on the planet.

He and Durance met with Zack Snyder about the possibility of making the jump to film. Clearly we can assume Welling was a huge oval office about actually putting on the suit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mortanis posted:

And funny to think Ackles was going to be a recurring character on Smallville until he landed Supernatural and they did an abrupt faceturn with the character and killed him off between seasons. Best possible career move for that dude.

Those photos of Welling in the gym were pretty awesome, though. Dude bulked the gently caress up and I'd like to see him do something like Superman, even just a cameo. He wasn't all that bad of an actor on episodes where they gave him poo poo to do (Red K, body swap, etc).

Plus we already got Smallville Supergirl on the show so maybe that's all we need from those alumni.

Ackles was a recurring on Smallville for all of season 4.

And Welling was a huge rear end on and off the set. There was a goon who worked as a PA on Smallville and told stories of how much everyone hated him and what a jackwagon he was to his costars and fans. He deserves his lack of a career.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kingcom posted:

Please tell me these can be found somewhere.

If memory serves he almost lost his job over it and went through and deleted every post he'd made in that thread. This would be circa 2007 or so, I don't know if the Smallville threads would be in the archives or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tree Dude posted:

Where does Red Kryptonite Kara fit into all of this?

She's the one filming it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was a super fun episode but I am pretty annoyed that the CW hyped the gently caress out of this FOUR NIGHT EVENT and the crossover didn't start until the last minute of the episode.