Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nooneofconsequence posted:

Bringing back rocks from an alien planet is how you get alien bugs.

I can't wait for all the cast to have to bring up bad memories of each other to tell if they're parasites or not.

And Wynn can't let go of Sleepy Gary.

I was super confused during the opening and seeing Harley Quinn name there, then I remember Kevin Smith named his daughter that.

Too bad they didn't go full on Doctor Venture though, he needed a Walking Eye. He's still around though. Supergirl needs to totally Zod Roulette though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

He's definitely not still around, unless he can come back from disintegration.

I posted that as soon as they shot him, should have gone back and edited. If he only had that Walking Eye.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish Mon-El was Sodom Yat. Dammit, I will not rest until Green Lantern stuff is in this show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how the only Barenaked Ladies song they played was One Week, which is funny because Steven Page has been out of the band for a few years because he chose doing tons of blow with his girlfriend more important than the band so they kicked him out.

This was literally headline news in Canada.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

And that wasn't even a slow news day. The BNL are a national icon in Canada.

Yea I remember the whole press conference being broadcast and it being the lead stories that night and the next day.

I bet they have the budget for Alex to shoot her gun once per episode.

Kara did you not learn how to eat a cupcake? You rip the top off and flip it around and smoosh it to the bottom, cupcake sandwich! Not with a fork. Seriously.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tree Dude posted:

I don't think most of the planet is up on the cupcake sandwich technique. Also, I think they were sharing the cupcake which was the part I thought was weird about it.

They were eating it with a fork.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aleph Null posted:

My wife lived in Canada for about half a year in the very early 90s. She became a fan then and has been a fan ever since. Her favorite song is something about an old house or old apartment, I think.

That song only really makes sense if you've lived in Toronto, it's full of references to the city.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually like that they don't feel the need to force Kara to be someone. I always maintain that the downfall of many super hero shows is relationship drama because it always ends up just making our heroes into sad sacks to mope around.

loving Barry.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It would be a nice change of pace for a CW show to say that you can be personally fulfilled without a romantic partner. Kara just needs her friends and family, and a bad guy to punch every so often.

And I want to point out my cupcake sandwich comment was a joke because that silly thing keeps coming up in dumb life hack videos/pages as "you've been eating cupcakes wrong your whole life!".
It's on par with "cut the ice cream tub in half" suggestion.

Just take the top off and have some control fatty.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure Hank only knew about Alex because they've been in close proximity for a long time, and he probably picked up background thoughts over that time, Lena he'd have to actively go in.

BlueBayou posted:

Can we just have Kara and Barry get together.

Cause Iris is boring.

They need to reveal in Supergirl's universe, the West's are the Gordons and Jim is Commissiar Gordon and Iris is Babs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Haha Mon-El announcing it to everyone at the DEO.

Attention coworkers, I have made it with a woman!

God drat, DC is way to invested in no killing rules of their characters, but sometimes, a 5.56 between the eyes will save more people. Mrs Luther is a perfect example of this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GreenNight posted:

Sometimes I want Oliver to be stuck in Supergirls world for a few episodes.

Or early season 2 Barry.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Barry would inadvertently work with CADMUS.

"Why yes we should round up all the metahumans to "help" them. I even know a way to construct a prison so that they can never escape!" :downs:

That's season 1, it was season 2 he started straight up murdering fools.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

"On Daxam we throw a party when we get laid! And then everyone gets laid at the party! It's a never ending cycle!"

King of Daxam was Rodney Dangerfield.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
On Krypton is this shows A Wizard Did it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like she's gonna become more of a Blogger for the time being.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
DEO does come off like chumps with very little power. They're secret but not autonomous. Like they had to give Roulette up? ARGUS or SHIELD would have just dissapered her rear end to some black site never seen again, same with Lilian Luther. They know they're bad news, no need for a trial.

And yea its hard to be excited at Kevin Sorbo, becuase he's just been a world class rear end in a top hat in the last few years, whining he can't get any good roles because he's conservative. Putting out God's not Dead which has it's moral if you don't believe in god, you deserve to die horribly.

I figured CatCo being a media conglomerate has a magazine but also a newspaper. It has a TV station too I think.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Burning_Monk posted:

I was kinda hoping Supergirl couldn't have stopped the transport from hyperjumping across the galaxy. We could have had a couple episodes with Alex and Wynn's GF Starlord-ing it up around the galaxy until they find a macguffin to taken then back to earth.

She could join up with Grifters crew. What is that called? Stormwatch? Or better yet, Adam Strange.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xelkelvos posted:

The DEO didn't have Amanda "The Wall" Waller at the head of the department getting poo poo done. ARGUS is deeper in the "You must be this Top Secret to know about this" ladder than the DEO. It's the same in the comics iirc.

I guess so. I honestly haven't read many comics with the DEO in it, so I assumed they're like all the other super secret acronym comic book organizations.

Looks better than La La Land

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

I gotta admit, when I heard that Duet was gonna be an "it's all just a dream" episode, I was a little disappointed. But the "it's all just a Roaring 20s costume musical dream" angle is a nice way to salvage it.

Yep. Though isn't that what earth 2 looked like on the Flash?

And according to the FB post I stole that image from, it airs on the 21st. So whatever drama involving Mon-El's parents is coming, looks like it will resolve in a single episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kara and Alex are the Tegan and Sarah of national city.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone find a way to have Kara share a scene with Mon-El, Lena, Barry, and sugary foodstocks and see which one she has the most adorable chemistry with. I think it'll be a 4-way tie, not gonna lie.

Here is two of those 4 things with Kara

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just noticed that Pizza is Hawaiian, good enough for Supergirl and Lena Luther good enough for the rest of us.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll keep saying it until they do it, but they should do Red Daughter of Krypton at some point.

Though the catalyst for it should be more than Kara telling Kal "You're not my Dad!!!". Though I'd hate to see the shows budget for FX tackle Atrocitus. Bleez and Rankor would probably be fine though. CGI Dex-Starr would probably just be hilariously bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aleph Null posted:

Yeah. She does bring the sexual tension, doesn't she?

And, actually, she is bisexual. But Time Lesbian rolls off the tongue better.

Edit:

Wait, what? Kara was a Red Lantern? Where did her rage come from?
(favorite Red Lantern - alley cat)

Yup

If I remember correctly, her Rage came from her suvivors guilt (unlike Kal, she remembers Krypton and all those people who died) and her being controlled, told what to do and never having true freedom from Kal or anyone else just bubbled up and then Kara Zor-El, you have great rage in your heart, welcome to the Red Lantern Corp. Then it was all HRRRRRRRGHHH!!!!! RAGE KILL DESTROY!!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

"Red Son of Krypton" is some alternate universe story where Superman lands in Russia and helps the Soviet Union win the Cold War, or something.

edit: Huh, my bad. I got the wrong reference.

Red Son is a great story where Superman lands in the Ukraine and is raised by Stalin, so he is a communist and USSR #1 is his mantra, but he cannot stop helping people so he still is the worlds greatest hero. The US constantly goes to war with the USSR but Superman stops them constantly. It also has Russian Batman who is an Anarchist becuase his parents were killed by the state rather than a criminal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All I knew about Glee was the Cds it put out, and I found it interesting how it did older stuff and show tunes at first, and then it all turned into top 40 from 6 months ago.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Why is the guy in the wheelchair dressed like Dean Pelton?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, I absolutely hated this episode. So god drat cliche in every way, when the episode started off with a promising discussion about Super heroes vs civilian law enforcement ended up with the omninesscant villain who has all the bases covered and a pointless reference to the Cell.

The Lana stuff was way more interesting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mcbexx posted:

Was killing some time on Youtube and... uhm...

https://youtu.be/05osbg7aLQM?t=1m29s

Goth Chyler Leigh. Yep, remember that vividly.

I guess i can forgive the episode, almost everything hits it out of the park, but I'm gonna say that I would rather see the Red Tornado episode again than see this one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was such an abrupt ending, but the episode was fun as hell. I liked how this almost felt like a reworked Stargate episode, staff weapons and all.

Maggie with a shotgun and Alex doing the action movie shoot and dive.

Though I really want Lillian Luther to get put in the deepest darkest hole, because how many times is she going to betray them, or get away. I hate Villains like her, that they always dangle some important thing in front of the heroes and the heroes go "Well, THIS time we'll trust you" and nope, betrayed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

McSpanky posted:

At least Supergirl wasn't naive about it, having the backup teleporter remote was great. She's optimistic, not stupid.

Yep that was great.

It's so weird that I never really felt like Callista Flockheart was a great actor. I never liked Ally McBeal, but Cat stole every single scene she was in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If the Agents of Shield finale wasn't so good, this would be the best finale I've seen this year.

I thought they were going to have Supergirl go all Man of Steel on Rhea, and she would have deserved it. I admit, they didn't really try to make the Daximites less of an group of assholes.

If next season has Supergirl Vs the Female Furies, I'd be so happy. Not as happy as her getting a Red Lantern ring, but can't have everything. Lots of the Apokalypse stuff would work on Supergirl because its so silly. Cat Grant vs Glorious Godfrey would be so perfect.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

Ed Asner is still alive so I want to see Cat Grant vs Granny Goodness.

That is terrifying to imagine. The voice was enough.

I'd imagine Godfrey would be a Alex Jones style character that would kick up Anti-Alien sentiment with crazy bullshit that people buy becuase of Daxumite invasion and other alien problems.

Cat goes on his show and completely dismantles it, only to have that cause Godrey to call in the Furies. This would also get Big Barda and Scott Free. I'd love seeing them, and Supergirl seems the perfect place for them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's why I suggested Glorious Godfrey, the high priest of Anti-life. He just goes and speaks about the glory of Darkseid's religious. He'd work really well in the context of Supergirl. Part of the New Gods but not super powerful. Scott Free, AKA Mr Miracle is an Escape Artist, though also a New God, his powers are being able to escape. Big Barda would also fit in with this being a show that focuses on strong women.

Darkseid, like many things, was in Smallville, but in a form almost unrecognizable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Supergirl DC direct statue came out today. It looks a lot like Benoist, but she's looking so bored

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

Uh oh.

Concerning, Supergirl was the consistently best show outside of legends.

Legends is only good because they embraced the stupid world of comic books, but Supergirl is by far the best show on its own merits.

I'm worried we're going to end up with "The show needs to focus less on Supergirl, and more on Kara Danvers, what makes her tick, what kind of men will she date? How will she react to their betrayals? People really like it when our heroes are all mopey in their relationships, so we should do more of that".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xelkelvos posted:

What "people" and where are they so I can stay from them

People on the Tumblr and the twitter that really like it when Felicity cry talks on Arrow and when Barry spends half a season only focused on Iris. These people do exist, and they're annoying. The worst part about it is that it feels the writers are writing to them sometimes.

I agree that seeing more of Kara and her navigating the regular world would be interesting, but my worry is that the super heroics take a backs seat to that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aleph Null posted:

The problem is they'd probably de-power her for that "normal person" part of the arc.

Yep, which they already did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea but this one has a dog!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVlJHMADzEF/?taken-by=melissabenoist