Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fight Club trailer's got me pretty hyped y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxX_fTfqN28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I liked that at one point the show was girls saving girls, girls interviewing girls, girls being president, girls teaming up with girls, girls fighting girls, and then at the end we get a potential new female addition to the cast (Martian Ma'amhunter). That episode was pretty great. Still not sure what's up with Linda Carter at the end. Did the real president get kidnapped and that's a doppelganger, or is the president an undercover alien?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Everyone on this show is in heat and it's awesome.

[/Luthorlipbite.gif]

e: Jimmy and Wynn watching on the sidelines as Kara and Mon-El danced. :xd:

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 8, 2016

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Who was Kevin Smith's daughter playing in this episode? I'm assuming one of the lizard people.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

After seeing Mr. Mxyzsptlk portrayed as a suave suitor trying to woo Supergirl, I told my roommate how cool it would be if the show got Joe Mangienello to play Lobo as the bad boy equivalent.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The dude covering his mouth in shock when Lena went over the ledge was hilarious.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

This show needs more men on it for Kara to date and dump mercilessly :colbert:

I am only like 50% serious on that one. I'm firmly in the camp that says Kara should just be a strong, single independent woman who doesn't need a boyfriend and continue the show's unabated streak of trolling conservatives and MRAs.

Kara brutally dumping Mon El was loving awesome, only for it to be dialed back to point zero in the Flash crossover. Lame.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like Lyra, but that comment about Jimmy smelling different came off as a little weird, then when she paused when she called him "that... GUY!" and I was all like :stare:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That video's funny because I only ever knew her from Not Another Teen Movie which I think is pretty hilarious, and she's actually really great in it. There's a good bit where they're doing the "choose an ugly girl and I'll make her prom queen" gag that had me dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYlv-z_xHQ

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat Jimmy, what the f. You come to some hard truths with what you're actually doing on them streets (just beating people up) and your first instinct is... to go jam up some weed dealer? They got this black man all mixed up in his head.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cat didn't even blink when she saw Wynn working for the DEO, of course she knows Kara's Supergirl.

The first thing she should've told Jimmy after outing him was to get those weights out of her office.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 17, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kara: "Can you imagine what Mon-El's doing right now?"

Me: "Two alien chicks at once?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Finally Kara quit her stupid job at Catco. Just draw a salary from the DEO.

Pretty sure that text to Lena Luthor at the end alludes that Kara's sticking around at CatCo now that her true love best friend owns the joint.

J'onn and Wynn comparing mopey Kara with mopey Alex was great, but not as great as Alex asking J'onn to giver her away at her wedding. This show is so goddamn sweet and charming.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 10, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Maybe President Wonder Woman is all, “Citizenship for aliens! Amnesty for aliens! We must open our borders for aliens! But gently caress Mexicans, they need to GTFO!”

Maybe Durlans are just, like, super racist against Mexicans.

Lynda Carter is Mexican.

It was cool seeing Tony Almeda on tv again. I was really hoping that they'd reveal his wife to be the same actress from 24, maybe next time.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Aw poo poo, she's back and now she has super powers.

also crossover costume spoiler(does this need to be spoilered?)

You can tell she's a Nazi because she has a cool outfit

Kara Danvers, She-Wolf of the SS

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did they bother reconciling "that ship's been down there 12,000 years!" With Mon-El's seven year timetable?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was the Dibny/Cisco/Wells/Killer Frost Baking Soda joke reference from a previous episode, or was it from a night out we weren't privy to?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wish Kara filled out her Suicide Squad a bit more, having a couple people not making it back would've felt like the stakes were a little more raised. Livewire blowing those phantom ladies out into space was pretty hardcore tho.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did I hear it wrong or did Alex tell Purity to shush her mouth?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lena side shading Kara to her face was the best.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, have I been tripping, or is Kara getting all eye twitchy lately? It was pretty blatant in last weeks episode (or maybe it was the week before), and I'm pretty sure she did it again last episode.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"J'onn, when we bond you get to see the life I lived through your eyes!

...plus all the times I nailed your mom."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I still want my Wynn/Cisco/whoever the tech guy on Arrow is team-up episode.

And a Joe/J'onn/Diggle episode.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Man oh man, I didn't feel much when the news of Winn being cut from the main cast broke but I've rewatched that goodbye scene like 5 times already. The second Alex comes on screen I'm completely wrecked. Chyler Leigh can emote and I felt that big sister/little brother thing completely in that moment and choked up.

Some ups and downs of the season but I loved that finale from James suiting up and the Legion popping back in for the massive superhero team up to turning me into a baby with a music montage only to make me "WTF?"

I completely forgot he was the first person she told about her being Supergirl.

J'onn's not off the show, right? The way he left the DEO felt like more of a send-off than Wynn (who we know is coming back next year, just not regularly).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Benoist posted a pic of batwoman, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpaia21APg4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I'LL KEEP A LOW PROFILE

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Ok so...

The Rock = Charismatic Leader guy
Musk = Rich tech guy
Usain Bolt = Fast guy
The Mountain = Strong guy
David Blaine = Magic guy
Neil Degrasse Tyson = Smart guy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It just seems really careless.

Kara hangs out at the alien bar all the time out of costume, so chances are there are people out there who know but don't really care. Kinda like Raimi Spider-Man.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Booo go with the real sickle and hammer.

I didn't even realize they swapped it until the suit reveal. The cyrillic title was pretty boss tho!

Also, can I get a gif of Spetsnazgirl eating the choco cookies?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When the squid thing came out of that tube Lena had, I thought it was Jarro.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don’t like Lena and Kara fighting.

:(

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Also while Jimmy has always been a big guy it looks like Mehcad Brooks (no relation) has really been hitting the gym between seasons.

I noticed that too, he’s probably bulking up for his next movie, Mortal Kombat.

I’m going to miss the hell out of him on this show, even tho he’s had some pretty bad storylines. Mechad’s strong presence elevated the material written for him.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like the new costume and love the politics in the show. My only complaint is that I’m not a big fan of the bangs.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Why? They're alien shapeshifters. They can look like anyone. As their Martian selves they should look similar because those are their actual bodies they were born with, but there's no reason why their disguises should have anything in common at all.

I always figured the whole thing was a slight nod to Brother From Another Planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgcgfFcSe0

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

It seems weird they just threw it out there as if they were saying the flu or something. Though to be fair the CWDCverse would do Darksied and the New Gods better than the films could.

Man, the Tomorrow people in their Dune Buggy would fit so well in this.

Snyder Cut is canon in the Arrowverse.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s kinda crazy that Supergirl started off as an outlier cbs show and is now one of the pillars of the cw-verse. Hats off to the entire crew, even when the storyline’s running on fumes and friendship, the performances of the main cast really makes the material shine.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Community had a clip show episode that pulled clips from episodes that never existed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The real question is will Smallville have a Jitters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hearing about them cancelling Black Lightning pretty much killed my interest in the entire cw lineup.