Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

aBagorn posted:

This time they have Eobard Thawne and Damien Dahrk.

Should be gooooooooooood.

Yeah this season they're stealing villains from other shows. Malcolm Merlyn is supposed to be around as well.

It looks like the explanation for not having Calista around all that much is she's going to be taking off. Going by that scene in her office. I'm assuming that with no Ms Grant and no Wynn at Catco we won't be seeing that main office area again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Will he have the ability to teleport by snapping his fingers?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matt Ryan has said he's always happy to come back and do Constantine stuff but he has a pretty full schedule already.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Jesus Christ, we're up to Earth Four now? :psyduck:

Earth 1 is the regular CW-verse. Earth 2 is where Zoom and the current Harrison Wells call home. Earth 3 is where actual Jay Garrick was from. Supergirl universe would be 4. Although you could switch 3 and 4 around since Barry visited Supergirl before they found out about real Jay.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

He's Hollywood 6'0". Amell posted pics of them together and is noticeably taller. I met Amell and he's probably only 6'0".

He's TINY.

On the other end of the spectrum there's constantly growing David Mazouz on Gotham. On this week's episode there was a scene with him and Ben McKenzie standing around talking and Mazouz was noticeably taller. Also he's only like 15 so he isn't done growing.

For actually this show, the Jimmy stuff seemed really stupid and only done because they don't really have anything else for him to do right now. Although thinking about it, is he actually supposed to be in charge of Catco as a whole or just the magazine? Because the magazine makes sense, the company does not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, guess what we're not going to talk about in this thread? Man of Steel/BvS! Or goons' opinion of said movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's weird, I thought Metallo's fake chest looked fine but the other one's looked super fake for some reason. Also thought it was kind of goofy how even by the end of the episode they just kept giving those guys shirts and they would burn through them. There had to be a better way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matt Ryan says he's always up for more Constantine but he's also super busy with other projects.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Licarn posted:

Buffy did it first.

After dating the robot Winn will become a villain, try to kill Kara, accidentally kill Maggie and get skinned alive by Alex.

There was an episode of Batman Beyond titled "Terry's friend dates a robot" where Terry's friend buys a robot girlfriend from a shady company.

I agree that Linda Carter's acting came off as just completely horrible. It was really wooden and awkward.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty sure she's Maggie Sawyer, just Latina instead of white

Also living in National City instead of Metropolis. She appeared in the 90s Superman cartoon series and while they technically couldn't come out and say she was gay they did imply it pretty heavily.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Azhais posted:

Did they ever give any sort of justification for Dan's eyebrows?

He was Jack Kirby.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean that literally

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I kind of feel bad for the actress who played Lucy because she went from semi-regular as a smart military lawyer to guest starring on No Tomorrow as Xavier's weekly bone where her entire part was being sexed up and barely dressed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did get a serious gay vibe from the scene with Mon-El in the flashback.

Edit: Also, I guess they're phasing Jimmy out? He's barely been in any of the episodes. That might be why they broke off the relationship.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know they probably aren't going to do it but I really want Diggle to interact with Supergirl seeing as how he can barely handle the Flash.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've addressed the civilian identity thing in comics with Clark where he basically explains that he needs to have downtime where he can just be "normal" and that being seen as Superman 24/7 would drive him nuts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

What were the Batman hints?

Kara mentioned Superman teaming up with a vigilante who used gadgets.

While obviously they couldn't just call Hank "Cyborg" calling him Cyborg Superman kind of doesn't make sense. Seeing as he doesn't look like Superman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the best bits of the crossover was definitely Barry and Kara tag teaming the evil cyborg lady.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of goofy that she went with her fake glasses with a group of people who already know she's Supergirl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

greatn posted:

Why exactly aren't Kara and Jimmy together anymore? Cause he's her boss?

That's a decent reason I just don't remember them ever actually addressing it, like I missed a scene where they came to an understanding of what their relationship was now.

At the end of the premier they decide that it just isn't going to work. They don't really give a good explanation. Most likely the whole thing was a victim of the network change and them having to rebalance some stuff behind the scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

xeria posted:

The James/Kara thing getting unceremoniously shoved out the door feels weird when there hasn't even been a cursory hint of it since the break-up. Like, not even a funny look from James when Mon-El outright asked if Kara was 'mated'. I'd guess it was a combination of wanting to have Mon-El on the show but not deal with a love triangle for a second season in a row, and also maybe to make it easier to run with the Guardian storyline without having to worry about the added layer of how Kara doesn't know about it when she's dating the guy.

There was a bit where Winn and James joked about how she rejected them both.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny to see Lex's comic book as gently caress battle suit in the storage locker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of stupid to have Winn going "Yup, totally footage of her, no fakery here. Oh, wait, its getting close to the end of the episode, I guess it was faked."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a line in the first episode of the season kind of hand waving away his disappearance. Getting rid of him was probably just a side effect of the channel change over and how they revamped some characters. Like how he was written as a potential love interest for Alex but that's kind of pointless when she's gay.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Clark should come back and mentor Kara on how not to be a poo poo reporter. He will do 0 Superman stuff

It would be pretty great to have him show up and be all "Snapper was right to fire you."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

aBagorn posted:

Lena and Kara have better chemistry :colbert:

Speaking of, expect Lena to stick around as Katie McGrath has been bumped up to series regular for season 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhea died like really weird. I get that they wanted you to be absolutely sure she was dead but turning to ash/stone was a bizarre way of doing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Kara mentioned that she's single now and Lena is also single...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So... I guess don't expect much from that marriage proposal as Floriana Lima, who plays Maggie, is not going to be a series regular next year. Apparently it was her decision but she is still supposed to guest star in multiple episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That seems really weird, why not just write the character off?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Adrian Pasdar is joining the cast next season as real estate magnate Morgan Edge. Also Carl Lumbly (the voice of J'onn on the Justice League cartoon) will be guest starring as J'onn's father.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

They also had that weird love-triangle with Lana Lane, with James being more doe-eyed-fanboy than actually caring about Kara/Supergirl.

The problem with the love triangle was that Jimmy was never really presented with a good reason not to be with Lucy. Also didn't really help that Melissa Benoist and Mehcad Brooks have like zero chemistry with each other.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snapper seems to have disappeared into nothing seeing as Jimmy was running the news meeting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Would have been a perfect moment for a Green Lantern ring to come to Kara.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Am I seeing things or was the super expensive apartment from the beginning of the episode the apartment from Arrow?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A problem with Maggie is that now she doesn't really have a lot to do on her own anymore and all of her stuff is just "Alex and Maggie."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

it's not just alex they shut down her comic book marriage to Batwoman too

christ just let the woman be happy in some medium

There was the Superman animated series. They never came out and said it but it was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the Superman:TAS episode where Darkseid invades for the first time Maggie gets injured and when she's in the hospital she's visited by a woman who is never directly named. Later at Dan Turpin's funeral you see this woman with her hand on Maggie's shoulder. The episode itself never says her name or what her relationship was but she was listed in the credits as Toby Raines, which is the name of Maggie's girlfriend in the comics.