Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing the recording made it funny how Supergirl being in the Phantom Zone means she has a different hairstyle for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it is a question of whether or not in the normal course of events Kenny and Kara would have just broken up.

howe_sam posted:

This lady is doing a great Cat Grant impression, but let's be honest, in 2009 Calista Flockhart looked like Calista Flockhart.

Yeah, that is a little goofy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they don't find somewhere else to put Brainy and Dreamer then they really hosed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well I guess thinking about it, even if the characters don't go anywhere else the CW has a tendency to reuse actors (when they're not the lead) so they'll probably land on some other show in a year or so. This isn't Jesse Rath's first go around for a CW show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know they wanted to protect the timeline and all but would it have really hurt things that much if Brainy and Nia had pulled a BttF on Alex and tell her that their mighty alien powers have scanned her and it turns out she's super gay for women? It just would have saved her a lot of pain and suffering.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the little moment at the end of the episode where Kara used superspeed to get over to Alex for a hug.

Also was anyone else MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED when it turned out that the Watchtower being a spaceship just mean that the top of the building opened up and a spaceship flew out, not that the entire building was going to take off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We might get NuKate as when she took off from Batwoman mentioned that she's stopping by National City.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do have to question how the Central City Citizen is so high up in the media ranking when it is like 4 people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also this got mentioned in other threads but once Supergirl ends Alex is coming back right away for a 5 parter Flash event that will start off that show's season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The issue is that they just kind of shrugged their shoulders about it. Going "yeah it's bad but what you gonna do?" Like, hey, maybe try again with Oscar just next time don't send him to the alien parts garbage island.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Now of course in the real world the council would happily still vote for the sweetheart corporate deal, but hey.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking in that scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my biggest problem with the episode was that it felt like it wasn't set up properly. Like Supergirl has spent several episodes helping Kelly out with these exact same characters but because she wasn't helping out at the hospital all of a sudden she wasn't doing anything for these people?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kelly as Guardian seems like they should have either done it much sooner or not at all because this is pretty late in the game to add another hero to an already overstuffed team. Especially one that doesn't exactly bring anything new to the table.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For a final season that they knew would be a final season going in they sure are wasting a bunch of time on subplots that don't go anywhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

This show would get razzed way less for its CGI if it just never showed the CG J’onn talking

I wonder if there's some kind of time constraint with filming because he was supposed to have stopped doing his Martian face. Really though the CGI in this episode was super bad.

twistedmentat posted:

The idea you have to work in an office to be a reporter is pretty hilarious in the time this show has been on the air. Kara should have just become a blogger or a Podcaster. She could just talk with herself and claim it was an interview with supergirl.

Didn't she become a blogger back in like season 2 or something like that?

Also I have to wonder if they're going to do a reveal with William about him figuring out Supergirl's identity. Because Kara sure is making it easy what with constantly hanging out with him in and out of costume.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was funny how they kind of half rear end wrote him out of the show. They stated he was "on a sabbatical" at the beginning of the season and then just never mentioned him again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it was very funny how Andrea has super powers but she only ever uses them for business related reasons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I was wondering this episode, how does Alex make a living? She doesn't have a day job.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird but I was flipping through Netflix and for some reason they've already put up the first half of this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the problem with the Kara/Alex scene is pretty much the same as Kelly earlier this season where they want a character to make a big stand about something but didn't give them someone to actually stand against. Also the whole thing with Alex, who is not an alien, talking over Kara, who is an alien, about what can help an alien child growing up with powers.

This also has the problem of the whole issue becoming completely muddied when superpowers are involved. Because I would argue that a child does need something to help dampen their abilities until they're older and can better control them. We've already Esme losing control multiple times with nobody really being that much help in talking her down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But Alex is her mom and knows best!

Cheerfully withdrawn!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

There's also a big difference between the glasses that Kara was offering and the dog shock collar Esme had at the group home.

Yeah, Kara wasn't saying that she should pretend to be human, just have her dampen her powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really liked the scene with Kara, Winn and James reminiscing. I'm glad that Mehcad was able to come back because if he hadn't it would have been a super awkward omission.

I do agree that the Mon-El stuff came off as extremely bizarre, especially the "I'll never see you again" thing. Also the stuff about Brainy needing to go back right away was kind of weird seeing as they have a time machine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

It kind of became moot once Kara revealed her identity to the whole world, but I was laughing when she gave her DEO speech at the funeral right in front of Andrea, who I believe at that point still didn't know.

Yeah that was pretty funny. Also kind of surprised that they didn't find a way to walk that back and William is just dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess the answer to Kara's courage test was that she was suppose to stay and reveal herself to the world. Kind of odd that they didn't explicitly state this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

With a great accent, but did they say he was from India before his last episode?

He mentioned he had Indian ancestry, then he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The dumbest part of the finale was definitely Kara saving the day by giving a big speech, which was exactly the same way last season ended.