Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

tifa probably has a classic 90s-style landing strip

aerith likely had a huge 70s bush

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

calhoun posted:

what about when you find out there's a disc 3.

its short enough to start over almost immediately

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ulvir posted:

its short enough to start over almost immediately

dont respond to him

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

dont respond to him

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

going to start final fantasy 7 Rebirth tonight. any tips going in from the Imps who have played through it?

not sure who i want my gold saucer date to be. i'm a tifa man myself but this one feels like aerith's game...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My main tip is to have fun

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

also I have autistically completed every open world activity I could before moving on but you really don't have to if you're burning out on doing so

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
my thoughts have been replaced with theme of yuffie

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

it has a card game, this goes without saying.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

going to start final fantasy 7 Rebirth tonight. any tips going in from the Imps who have played through it?

not sure who i want my gold saucer date to be. i'm a tifa man myself but this one feels like aerith's game...

Been a Tifa man my whole life but this game converted me… can’t count on anything to last in this world…

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

behead those who forsake tifa

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'm not going to get her on the date and I'm pissed. It's too easy to get aerith!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You have acquired a photograph depicting "Suffering".

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Tifa takes care of herself, Aerith is a disgusting hippie with a garden state poster in her room and one of these on the walls:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I think I'm not going to get her on the date and I'm pissed. It's too easy to get aerith!!

I got the Aeris date in the first game when I was a Tifahead and I’m on track to get the Tifa date now that I’m an Aerith man. I’m God’s most cursed soldier.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

uhh what the hell dude i did everything right and now i'm dating barret? what the hell

----------------

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

uhh what the hell dude i did everything right and now i'm dating barret? what the hell

You did everything right, you explained it yourself

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This actually happened to him in Baldur’s Gate III when the game noticed that he didn’t talk to any of the ladies so it matched him up with Halsin in the epilogue

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck posted:

This actually happened to him in Baldur’s Gate III when the game noticed that he didn’t talk to any of the ladies so it matched him up with Halsin in the epilogue

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Punished Chuck posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Punished Chuck posted:

lmao

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Punished Chuck posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Punished Chuck posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Punished Chuck posted:

these games for perverts punish the chaste

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Tifa takes care of herself
Yeah I'd probably struggle to satisfy her too.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Punished Chuck posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is incredible. i forgot how much I liked Remake's combat. I only just got through the flashback but so far it looks like they've done it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's an insane game dude. You're gonna love it. They took everything great about Remake and added 100x more Stuff, for better and worse, in all its excess. Feels like nobody was told No at any point in the last 4 years making it lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's an insane game dude. You're gonna love it. They took everything great about Remake and added 100x more Stuff, for better and worse, in all its excess. Feels like nobody was told No at any point in the last 4 years making it lol

It's so cool. Even the music is often like.... they made a theme for this????!! No corners cut

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it's a joyous video game

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

elf help book posted:

It's so cool. Even the music is often like.... they made a theme for this????!! No corners cut
I just did the part at Gi Village and the song that plays there vibes so hard

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

that's exactly it. no corners cut. if anything, they added corners for the hell of it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

yeah, I can already tell, lol. like while hearing the 12th version of someone going hard at the spooky nibelheim theme, you got to check if you can do everything and discover that not only does tifa's house still have the piano, but you can now actually just play an entire piano on a dual shock 5, lmao. and the game basically says "oh by the way you better get good because there's an FF5 style song collection except you have to actually play them."

this is going to be the most final fantasy game ever. I can't wake to have my first calm freakout when I lose a chocobo race.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

this is going to be the most final fantasy game ever. I can't wake to have my first calm freakout when I lose a chocobo race.

Kalm freakout

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

it's a joyous video game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Even if you'd asked me after playing Remake there's no way I'd have believed Rebirth would be as huge and fun and joyous as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Even if you'd asked me after playing Remake there's no way I'd have believed Rebirth would be as huge and fun and joyous as it is

Yup. I never thought remake would be remotely interesting and after playing it I was like well surely theyre not going to be follow this up at the scale that the rest of the original requires. God I can't wait for the finale and I'm still nowhere near done with rebirth