Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was worth it bc triple wielding thief is shredding rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It was worth it bc triple wielding thief is shredding rear end

the other thing looked like the bad choice and I never used red Mage lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red and Blue mages are underwhelming in every FF game they're in I think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My people have been fighting balls since the dawn of history.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Blue mages typically pwn actually.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

My people have been fighting balls since the dawn of history.

Magnolia is win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also think it's cool when RPGs use foreign languages in games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

It usually never really seems worth it to bother with learning the spells and stuff. 7 is an exception because anybody can have the enemy skill materia, so you don't have to sacrifice regular magic or stats to get it. Maybe they're good in V I've only played tht game in fiesta and haven't gotten a blue Mage

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i made ringabel a vampire monk in bravely default. maybe he was vampire pirate by the end i forget. either way, blue magic ftw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
In FF7 you can get tetra magic from a zolom and wreck the first disc

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

It usually never really seems worth it to bother with learning the spells and stuff. 7 is an exception because anybody can have the enemy skill materia, so you don't have to sacrifice regular magic or stats to get it. Maybe they're good in V I've only played tht game in fiesta and haven't gotten a blue Mage

Well, I was thinking of V specifically so that makes sense lol. It's really good in that

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

it's pretty solid in the Tactics Advance games as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Khimari is the saddest blue Mage ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh but the FFX2 blue Mage was pretty cool because they turned the enemies into guns

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
i bought FFX and FFX2 remaster forever ago and just redownloaded it ....... i played them both back when they came out but excited to do it again

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Khimari is the saddest blue Mage ever

I never used him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
blue mages are win. quina in ff9 took a lot of work though,. but like in ff7 and 6 etc and so on they were really good, even kimahri. although if u play the expert grid u dont even need to use him as a blue mage anyway.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
red mages are good specifically in bravely default, cos they have that one BP increasing support move.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

red mages are good specifically in bravely default, cos they have that one BP increasing support move.

Oh yeah. Well I'll get red Mage eventually I suppose. I remember having access to a lot of BP manipulation moves in the end game was super imported in the first BD

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gho Gettar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I used a Red Mage in FF1 instead of a White Mage and it didn't go very well. I was stuck on the final boss for ages until I realised I could just spend five turns buffing/Hasting my fighter and one shot him lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I used a Red Mage in FF1 instead of a White Mage and it didn't go very well. I was stuck on the final boss for ages until I realised I could just spend five turns buffing/Hasting my fighter and one shot him lol
My favorite party is two Red Mages, a White Mage, and a Black Mage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk how I'm gonna beat summoner so I may just go for Swordmaster. Her boss battle seems loco

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Swordmaster is equally messed up...hmmm. Now I'm conflicted.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Idk how I'm gonna beat summoner so I may just go for Swordmaster. Her boss battle seems loco

I just beat this after leveling up some jobs and stuff. For sure take out the adds first or else you aren't beating this. I picked up a weapon from the windmill town in the desert that really helped, I think all the best gear we can get is there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah definitely, it's just every single add one shots me right now so I can't even go one or two turns in either fight. I'll try doing more of the story to see if that's more manageable

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah definitely, it's just every single add one shots me right now so I can't even go one or two turns in either fight. I'll try doing more of the story to see if that's more manageable

good luck, the level suggestion for the story area is way higher than the forest. My tip for the adds is using the little spheres you find. My winning combo was using one of those that hit for 500 damage across the board and a special move that did the same.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also whoever you got with spell craft, combine any arcane buffs with mist to help. If someone's a fencer there's a weapon in town that let me do like 700-850 damage per stance change

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I start out with an evade mist that helps a lot. What gets me is if someone gets confused. I've only got one of the bracers that protects against it, wish I could buy some more

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah I start out with an evade mist that helps a lot. What gets me is if someone gets confused. I've only got one of the bracers that protects against it, wish I could buy some more

yeah my winning fight happened when the adds didn't use confuse on the person doing all the work. I don't remember being able to buy any anti confuse gear either

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to destroy Minette

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He just keeps using multitask and wiping out my entire team in one turn before I can do anything...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish bosses just had a retry button because there is a save point immediately before every single one so it makes you redo all the text.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I wish bosses just had a retry button because there is a save point immediately before every single one so it makes you redo all the text.

Cant you just skip the dialogue. You can in BD

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but even so. It's minor but idk why it doesn't let you do that

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lied the main story boss is way easier

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao the asterisk you get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got through the adds and figured I could play defensive and beat the boss but his AI is annoying. I kept defaulting because I knew he was alternating between using Nothing Ventured and braving 4 times but he just kept using nothing ventured nonstop until I finally just used an attack so then he braved 4 times and wiped me out. Felt like a fighting game boss reading your inputs unless I just got unlucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*releases a deep contented sigh releasing all my stress*

I thought I had it easy on this turn since he had 600 health and I used my magic guys to just stack darts and out of nowhere on the last turn he used the magic parry move which confirms to me that he reads inputs because it was the first time I used magic all battle. But I have persevered