Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

played through III on NES last year for the second time. it's a slog at points and the sage and ninja jobs completely break the game once you have them but i really enjoyed it overall, it's super ambitious and long for a NES game. feels very much like the precursor to V in a lot of ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Hizke posted:

I was in the goon guild for ffxiv when i played and i finally unlocked glams and got the mats for bikini armor lol. I asked in the fc if anyone could help me so someone was like yeah, come meet at the fc house. I go there and its a lalafell dude. He does his thing, gives me the armor and i thank and tip him. I’m like ah thanks so much, and as I’m about to bounce he’s like try it on. I had no choice but to indulge him lol

jesus lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeh i love these games and would like to buy the pixel remasters but $75 is insane. i know i can just buy them piecemeal but i know that as soon as i buy one, the bundle will go on sale

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeah the more i look at the pixel remasters the less interested i am tbh. i'm also just bitter because i'm poor right now.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

wow

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

how were you saying it

yeah, wh-

Punished Chuck posted:

EmmyOK and the rest of Ireland in loving shambles right now

ah.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

what else is new

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

started a playthrough of FFVI last night (SNES, Woolsey Uncensored version w/bugfixes). just had the itch. it's been several years

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

may have over leveled a few people while trying and failing to find an economizer in the dinosaur forest. oops. gonna start kefka's tower tomorrow

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this time, Gau will say gently caress

no it just makes the SNES version more like the PSX/GBA revisions. updated/original item names, original US localization/censorship undone, revised translation that is basically a combination of the SNES original/GBA revision/fan translations, various bugs fixed, dedicated sprint button, etc.

having played through almost the entire game via this hack, imo it's the best way to play FFVI (i have not played the pixel remaster yet)

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386/

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i've never done a full 100% completion and likely never will because i hate Gau and Strago lol. i always forget to learn Mog's dance in the Serpent Trench before it's too late too.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

specifically i don't like his mechanics in battle sorry. i do like him as a character and in particular the cutscene that plays when you have him meet his dad in the world of ruin is one of my favorite moments in the game.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i already had a ribbon by the time I got the cursed shield so i just equipped it immediately and uncursed it over the course of grinding out esper magic

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

P-Mack posted:

I simply completed the easy game without grinding anything

i do it for the love of the game man.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Punished Chuck posted:

Grinding and making numbers bigger is its own reward.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

playing thru FFV for the first time since the early 00s. it's really good. lots of flexibility in how to build and level your characters. it's probably the best classic/"pure" FF game. just got the airship.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

def still not worth $60 imo unless you're absolutely dying to have FF1-6 available at your disposal on Switch. it'd be worth grabbing a single game if you haven't played one of them yet though.

if the entire collection drops to like $30 during a summer or holiday sale later this year that'd be a lot more reasonable.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tifa probably has a classic 90s-style landing strip

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

are the FFVII remakes good for people who didn't like how long everything took in the original game (e.g. 45 second animation to start every random encounter, 45 second animation for each spell/summon, etc.)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I've tried but it's so tedious lol

the series truly peaked with V and VI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ok fine when i finish my current file in V i will give VII (original) another honest shot.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

He should play FFXIII instead.

i put 25 hours into that game and it felt like the game never actually started.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

okay i'm clearly just being trolled at this point, who the gently caress acutally liked FFXIII lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i was incredibly excited when that game came out, wow i'm finally playing a new FF at launch. it was so disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Assessment of Sebmal by the Pervert Hizke