Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i play 14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

And like all MMOs, it's hilariously easy for the first chunk of the game. You level fast, though.

to a more insane degree than some others, the first three dungeons you get have some real like being on a disney ride called The Great Pirate Cave Adventure for children

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

If i played nearly every main line Final Fantasy game should I start at 3 or 4.

3 is interesting because it started the job system but it's implemented in kind of a dumb way imo and isn't that great otherwise, 4 would be a better start imo, 5 is when they nailed the job system

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

The world isn't very interesting, visually, which is disappointing for a Final Fantasy game.

the crystal tower/binding coil of bahamut look r.good but idk what level you are

FactsAreUseless posted:

3 is really unfun to play, and the DS version somehow made it even worse. Music's good, though.

i played 3 on ds and it was just kind of really easy and boring and i didn't finish it because the crystal tower layout confused me and i didn't care

like i did the optional dungeon and it was kind of "oh, that was it huh"

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah the overworld is kind of boring, they hid all their good design inside dungeons and stuff

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

i feel like a simple ng+ that just lets you take your gear and stats and makes no changes to the game should be way more common than doing nothing at all

idk why more things don't do this, even their own sequel hosed it up by "needing" to do ng+ to get the full character roster

at least cc had a cutscene fast-forward in ng+

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i still really like x and yeah the world being kind of stiff and lifeless makes sense because the world has been stiff and lifeless since there's a giant monster that destroys towns constantly wandering around and we established a suicide cult of wizards who kill it only to take it's place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Benny D posted:

I don't really wanna make a thread so is star ocean 5 really bad or what. 2 is my favorite jrpg of all time but I never played 3 or 4

having played through 3 and 4: if it continued on the downward trend those games had it'll be really bad