Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
i love final fanty!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

i recommend you start with final fantasy xi, onthe ps2. ftw

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

In Training posted:

Start with 1, NES version :troll:

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i legitimately believe that the intricate matrix of interactions that are provided between the optional triple triad matches and the early guardian force card-to-magic conversion abilities provides some of the most compelling character customization in any console RPG ever, and like actually gives the player a tangible reason to grind. At the same point in time, the whole game autolevels to you in a fairly OK manner of scaling, so its like if you do choose to open up this horadric cube of possibilities, you also make even the random encounter enemies much more complex and powerful. It's basically a beautiful game, bordering on a holy object.

i like quistis

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

In Training posted:

FF8 is my least favorite because of the scaling enemies. It gets rid of the best part of JRPGS, the slow struggle of getting powrrful, and makes that a binary equipment selection that you do once and then never worry about again. About halfway through I just turned on no-enc and walked through the next 2 discs

i think it's fun to spend 6+ hours turning floating fish on the beach into cards for AP, collecting more bunch of cards via triple triad, refining all sorts of magic + weapon upgrading items, learning diablos' no-enc skill then beating the game with everyone at less than level 12 doing 9999 HP per swing

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

my favourite final fantasy is VII though

this guy are sick!! fuckingl ol

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

i'm assuming you can turn cards into magic with GF abilities?

cards = items = magic

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

frank.club posted:

check that post count. Trolls aren't welcome

phew. thanks for pointing this out, i was concerned for a minute

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

i dont like final fnatasy nine.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Roman numerals can be tricky, let's all be more careful in the future

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

goferchan posted:

they're an important distinction.... there's a reason there's Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, and MGSV

The genius of Hideo Kojima continues to shine long after his departure from this realm.... RIP

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

don't make fun of my video games!!!!!!

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

The FFIX PC port keeps crashing on me. I was kind of having fun playing Tetra Master even though it's not as good as Triple Triad.

tetra master makes this gamer confused

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Tried to show two friends the game over the weekend, and I happened to be in the middle of hunts against lovely flying groups in those lovely bush-y areas that mess with the camera. It was like all the bad stuff about the game's fighting front and center and I found myself apologizing to them as I struggled like an idiot to beat the stupid hunts. I love this game a lot and I wound up representing it poorly to the two people most likely to snag it. Felt bad.

you hosed up and your only two friends hate you now. hope 2017 is better for you, gamer :cheers:

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith

:redass:

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

i want final fantasy xii remastered on PC, please, thanks

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Rumors say Zodiac Age's release date is getting announced next week...

HOORAY

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I didn't like it at the time but I've always wanted to give it another shot so I'm excited

i liked it on ps2 and im excited for PC remaster, i think all the characters will have individual jobs like in the international version

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

ulvir posted:

im playing ffviii and want to have fun breaking the game w/junctions. got ahold of card+card mod ability, can someone give me tips to git gud with tetra master?

ive never been able to manipulate the rules successfully, but there's a guide on gamefaqs that if you follow correctly will leave you with the only regional rule across the world being Open. once you beat ifrit you'll have your first rare card, from there it's just a matter of building up a deck around balamb garden and collecting a few more rare cards (diablos) leaving you pretty much unbeatable as long as you don't spread the random and plus/wall rules.

you dont have to agree to a new regions ruleset either, keep challenging and denying if they try to merge rules.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

i think your first 4 rare cards are ifrit, diablos, mog from the student jogging around balamb garden, and zell from zells mother. then use the queen of cards to get either the 'difference' or 'all' trade rule to win multiple cards per game, modify those cards into magic.

also beat seed tests to increase your rank, run around in circles getting paid, buy a bunch of tents, refine into curagas or whatever and have 4000 HP before you even leave the first island. reduce enemies hps with demi (draw from diablos) and use the Card ability to turn them into cards to beat battles without gaining exp. once you have diablos' enc-none ability you can skip all random encounters for the rest of the game except for bosses if you want. you can beat the game at your starting level with all stats maxed doing 9999 damage with 9999 HP.

ff8 ftw

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Video Games

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

In Training posted:

I kinda don't really like FF8 but I kinda wanna go back some day and try a level 1 challenge.

squall starts at level 7 :grin:

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

ulvir posted:

i am now ready to move on to timber and Squall + Zell sports ~3000hp and around 70str and they're all sub lvl12. :allears:

hell yeah

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

also one time he found me and my friend watching rollerball and said it was too violent and we shouldnt be watching that and he switched it to espn and it was showing a hockey fight

sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

when is XII zodiac edition coming out on steam :|